DK's Vert Undercurrent Headband Grow

gotta say guys... I'm very Impressed with the undercurrent technology. ph has been staying in range very consistently with occasional adjustments. the system is very low maintenance and don't have to worry too much. I want to expand the system I think to 8 sites and remove the chiller because the water stays pretty chilled just from ambient temperature. if anything I think I will upgrade to more a/c and add maybe another 1000w of lighting. anywho... be back with updates later amigos

so this will be the first day of week 4 flowering. i am feeding at .6 ec and the big and little girls seem to be enjoying life. i will start raising the ec to about 1 here soon. i was in cali this weekend and left the plants alone for about 4 days without ph adjusting for probably 2 days before that because my probe went bad on the ph pen. got one coming in the mail today but they seem fine.

photo_1182.JPG

photo_2151.JPG

this little clone came to life and has some legit roots now.

photo_3113.JPG

this isn't the little clone's roots this is one of the bigger plants

photo_489.JPG

i'm thinking no one follows this grow cause it's in the wrong section...o well i took some pics with the hps and with the metal hallide for photo's sake... this is day 33 of flowering. the 3 larger plants have many buds starting to form. the smaller ones have not yet but they all are female so just waiting to see how that works from clone straight to flower. ec is 1.1; ph in range perfectly. my room temp is 70 and water temp near the same. i only see minor deficiencies on the leaves of the plants, hardly anything. i rubbed the sugar leaf and it smells very good and has alot of resin near the base. everything seems to be going well.

photo_1186.JPG

photo_2155.JPG

photo_3117.JPG

photo_493.JPG

whenever i see brown roots i get scared ha ha but it is just the nutes. they are starting to fill out the buckets & lookin strong

photo_548.JPG

Looking good there buddy!:thumb:
The white pistils are saying - NOT LONG TIL I MAKE PHAT BUDS!! My girl was a white hair wonder - Lol but now after an extra P&K kick, she bloomed and then started pushing out more Calyxes.. Im hoping you get a good yield mate!
Take it easy and chat soon.. Smokemupm8

I tell ya DK I notice a big difference from the last pics, the smaller plant sure is catching up quick. I can't wait to be doing similar things ya know?
Have a good one and enjoy that cool weather coming in a few days. Made a mad dash out to the site today after waking up to 36 degrees this morning as the sun was coming up. Luckily they looked great, was hoping for 2 more weeks but with the storms were getting friday thursday will be chop day.
Day 5 of no smoking greens and man oh man, can't wait for this to be over!

hey there DK!

i LOVE your set up bro!! looks damned clean and tidy- set up beautifully! ive been lax with my grow rooms for the last 3-4 years as i have been making do with what i have and havent had the ideal space to invest in a nice setup- after a couple of years commercial i was forced to depart location rather quickly and spent alot of time moving around to lose any paper(and any other types of) trails LOL.. but this has inspired me to no end :cheesygrinsmiley: :goodjob:

your plants are looking great and doing what they should :cheesygrinsmiley: im sorry if i missed it but what light cycles are you using? are you doing anything with training or pruning?? and yeah! i think you started this journal in the wrong area! hehehe :p like mr smith mentioned, you might wanna msg a mod to move your journal into the "journals in progress" section and im sure you will be inundated with subs :cheesygrinsmiley:

im looking forward to watching your grow and learning more about undercurrent RDWC's, in action! :cheesygrinsmiley:

all the best brother! and will be tagging along for the ride :cheesygrinsmiley: :thumb: :Namaste:

may i ask what feeding schedule(and ph) you intend on using for the complete grow?? sorry to be a pain in the arse lol its just for my own notes on rdwc.. compiling something of a general dwc/rdwc file for possible future use.

regards

ty smokem & az that's good to hear friend i'm jealous i'm ready for harvest.

alk, yes i messaged the mod and tried to move it and they never replied idk. the light cycle is 12/12 now for flowering cycle and these plants have not had any pruning techniques or training i will probably add trellis netting later when the branches are getting heavy. my friend was telling me to super crop them but as they are not in the veg state long i wasn't sure about stressing them while in flower. could be wrong i don't know. up until now the feeding has been as folllows (always at 5.8 pH) this is how i mix the res...full res of R.O water. add cal-mag to EC 0.2 and then it's canna A + B until desired EC. i slowly rise ec until about week 4 or 5 i have it set to about 1.1 right now and probably won't go any higher. i may use pk 13/14 here soon but i actually just want to see what this strain does with just base nutes. but i've heard that the pk can sometimes help.

yo the funniest shit happened to me i was in the grow room and tripped over the feed line from the res to the control bucket....the uniseal and adapter pulled out and started dummppppping water i was like oh fuck! grabbed the uniseal put it back in stuffed the fitting back in. stopped right away but ha ha yea...was blazed:blunt:

yo can someone please tell me what technique is used when you see those really snazzy plant pics and they have so many colas and the plant is a perfect budded bush. ive read it's the fim/top techinque but is that all you have to do? just do it a few times and the plant grows perfectly like that? it says to do it in the beginning stages of veg but my plant is only like 3 weeks veg and then flower is this enough time to do it. just wonderin.....so many plants make mine look very unruly

High DK, I'm not sure what techniques there using but I plan on super cropping maybe a little topping but I will be defoliating the plants starting in Veg. You should check out bassman59's thread on defoliating for higher yield Increasing yield with defoliation indoors - What's it mean? How to do it? Not sure if this answers any questions but it's a must read IMHO you can also google defoliation for hi yield and download the 200+ pages from the 1st link
Have a great one Bud and enjoy that cooler weather.

yo the funniest shit happened to me i was in the grow room and tripped over the feed line from the res to the control bucket....the uniseal and adapter pulled out and started dummppppping water i was like oh fuck! grabbed the uniseal put it back in stuffed the fitting back in. stopped right away but ha ha yea...was blazed:blunt:

hahaha yeah that would have been a "FUCK FUCK FUCK" moment! :cheesygrinsmiley:

in my meagre experience those perfectly groomed bushes of plants are a result of topping and mild pruning of shade leaves... training of branches can create nicely set tiers too and i find it alot easier to create from seed, as opposed to cuttings- where the lats tend to be at irregular levels.. but still attainable, to be sure. but that is when i give them 4-8 weeks vegging or growing outdoor. i usually have at least one plant in my growroom(s) that i tend to spend alot of time on- shaping/training, pruning, topping... it makes my time in the room(s) more fulfilling, especially when im irie :cheesygrinsmiley: its almost a zen-like experience- feeling the flow of the plant ;] but some plants just grow in really well set tiers, i suppose it depends on the strain too.. and like you say... depending on if you are vegging or not

I want to do it...I'm thinking about making a undercurrent system to go in my tent under t5 cause then I could train them and not have to worry about root mass getting too big before transfer. I want the branches strong so no need for netting or any of dat

Back
Top Bottom