Derek910's 2021 Multiple Strain Grow

I haven't tried any autos yet. I have a couple Blue Dream and LSD autos, but I haven't tried any of them yet. I like my photos. I've grown plants from start to finish in both tents, but I think I like moving plants on a schedule better. I use to cut clones off and then grow them behind their mothers so I can make adjustments, but I went on a seed buying spree and now I need to go through them a little faster. Same reason I'm doing 4 strains at a time when I used to do 2.
Yeah I also fell victim to the seed buying spree. I'm covered for at least three more grows. But all I want is different strains than what I have. No matter what I have. Lol.

Yeah I also fell victim to the seed buying spree. I'm covered for at least three more grows. But all I want is different strains than what I have. No matter what I have. Lol.
Heard that lol. Partly the reason I’m doing 4 at a time so I can rotate through them.

Veg Day 53, Grow Day 60

I re-adjusted the stakes so that the branches are opened up more. Now as they grow I can just move the clip up the branch and that will keep the 4 main branches going up and out. Then the inner 8 branches will now get more light and have the room to grow up toward the light as well. They will each get a stake as they grow longer and I'll be able to train them where I want them.

IMG-0325.jpg

Veg Day 53, Grow Day 60

I re-adjusted the stakes so that the branches are opened up more. Now as they grow I can just move the clip up the branch and that will keep the 4 main branches going up and out. Then the inner 8 branches will now get more light and have the room to grow up toward the light as well. They will each get a stake as they grow longer and I'll be able to train them where I want them.

IMG-0325.jpg
Goddamn those girls look healthy. Really great job. Can't wait to see what the buds look like.

Transition Day 2, Grow Day 63

They need to be watered a day early so I went ahead and flipped them. They are in the 2nd day of transition and are now chowing down on their first dose of flowering nutes. Let the stretch begin, these hoes have been flipped!!! Now as they stretch I will add stakes as needed to get the branches to go where I want them to. I can also raise or lower the platforms under the plants to even out the canopy when the stretch finishes.

IMG-0328.jpg

Transition Day 2, Grow Day 63

They need to be watered a day early so I went ahead and flipped them. They are in the 2nd day of transition and are now chowing down on their first dose of flowering nutes. Let the stretch begin, these hoes have been flipped!!! Now as they stretch I will add stakes as needed to get the branches to go where I want them to. I can also raise or lower the platforms under the plants to even out the canopy when the stretch finishes.

IMG-0328.jpg
Way to go man. Beautiful job. They are super healthy. Gonna get crowded in there pretty soon. Lol. You also successfully did something I personally strive for - keeping the plants in veg for 60 days. Psyched to watch the buds develop.

Transition Day 8, Grow Day 71

They have stretched a little bit more and are starting to bloom. They're not quite blooming yet, but I can see them forming. I typically give my plants 14 days of transition time which has always been more than enough. They all look happy and healthy. Won't be long and there will be pistols everywhere!!

Left to Right: Star Doggie, Gelato, Phantom OG, White Widow

IMG-0332.jpg

Transition Day 8, Grow Day 71

They have stretched a little bit more and are starting to bloom. They're not quite blooming yet, but I can see them forming. I typically give my plants 14 days of transition time which has always been more than enough. They all look happy and healthy. Won't be long and there will be pistols everywhere!!

Left to Right: Star Doggie, Gelato, Phantom OG, White Widow

IMG-0332.jpg
gorgeous

Looks great Derek. You did a good job spreading them out the way you did. Always nice to see different strategies for tying them back. May the nodal spacing commence :Namaste::goodjob:

Looks great Derek. You did a good job spreading them out the way you did. Always nice to see different strategies for tying them back. May the nodal spacing commence :Namaste::goodjob:
Yeah I usually SCROG, but wanted to try something different. We'll see how it turns out in the end.

Transition Day 13, Grow Day 76

Bloom is just about in full effect. Giving them a little bit more flowering nutes per the schedule. In about another week I’m going to flush the soil with sledgehammer to get all the nitrogen and salts out of the soil and then start with a fresh run of flowering nutes. They all are happy and healthy ladies. And the canopy is pretty level. We’ll see how much more they stretch this next week or so.

92CD878F-6C0D-43E3-9A68-5A6472AFFF07.jpeg

Transition Day 13, Grow Day 76

Bloom is just about in full effect. Giving them a little bit more flowering nutes per the schedule. In about another week I’m going to flush the soil with sledgehammer to get all the nitrogen and salts out of the soil and then start with a fresh run of flowering nutes. They all are happy and healthy ladies. And the canopy is pretty level. We’ll see how much more they stretch this next week or so.

92CD878F-6C0D-43E3-9A68-5A6472AFFF07.jpeg
Yup, that's pretty damn even, especially considering they are different strains. WOW are they looking healthy. Amazing grow so far. I have a few questions if you don't mind. How did you decide which strains to grow as your strain combo? And what has been your biggest challenge in terms of growing different strains under the same conditions? Do you notice some like the nutes better than others or the light levels or anything like that? I touch on this topic in my latest post and yours is perfect timing. Growing multiple strains I'm finding is much more challenging than growing one at a time, due to the varying requirements. In theory I thought, it's easy enough I suppose to find a balance that they all like, but that "easy enough" is turning out to be a bit of a challenge and takes a lot of monitoring, at least for me.

Yup, that's pretty damn even, especially considering they are different strains. WOW are they looking healthy. Amazing grow so far. I have a few questions if you don't mind. How did you decide which strains to grow as your strain combo? And what has been your biggest challenge in terms of growing different strains under the same conditions? Do you notice some like the nutes better than others or the light levels or anything like that? I touch on this topic in my latest post and yours is perfect timing. Growing multiple strains I'm finding is much more challenging than growing one at a time, due to the varying requirements. In theory I thought, it's easy enough I suppose to find a balance that they all like, but that "easy enough" is turning out to be a bit of a challenge and takes a lot of monitoring, at least for me.
Typically I select my strains based off of flowering time and effects. I have an excel spreadsheet with all the information for each strain on it I made. I pick strains that will all finish around the same time since I dry them in the tent I'm growing in. I think I just got lucky so far for these. I've done a few multi strain grows before and this is the first one they aren't stretching at different rates lol. That was one of the reasons I decided to go without the SCROG net. Without the net I can take a plant out and raise or lower the shelf it sits on. So far I haven't needed to do that. I do try to treat each plant as an individual and pay attention to what each plant is telling me instead of just following a schedule. I used to just water on a schedule and that can cause issues because each plant needs watered at different times and needs different nute strengths.

Typically I select my strains based off of flowering time and effects. I have an excel spreadsheet with all the information for each strain on it I made. I pick strains that will all finish around the same time since I dry them in the tent I'm growing in. I think I just got lucky so far for these. I've done a few multi strain grows before and this is the first one they aren't stretching at different rates lol. That was one of the reasons I decided to go without the SCROG net. Without the net I can take a plant out and raise or lower the shelf it sits on. So far I haven't needed to do that. I do try to treat each plant as an individual and pay attention to what each plant is telling me instead of just following a schedule. I used to just water on a schedule and that can cause issues because each plant needs watered at different times and needs different nute strengths.
Cool. Thanks for the feedback. That sounds very much like how I selected mine. I am also in a position where I have to dry in my tent, as the odors are offensive to my roommates. So now that I have four autos budding and five not yet in flower, I feel the odds of them all finishing together are nil. I could easily just let them all go until they are all finished and it would likely work out fine. But it wouldn't be harvesting each plant exactly when I want to. So I think I'm going to create a separate drying closet enclosure between now and harvest. Can't hang in my room and can't hang in the open spaces in the garage due to environmental concerns during drying and imperfect darkness. In a photo grow I don't have any of these concerns, cuz I KNOW what they are going to do (approximately). Autos feel like flying blind. The same two, and I know they're going to bud when I make them bud. But autos of the same strain can develop very differently. And I like what you said about NOT using the scrog net. I'm gonna keep mine this time just for support, and it's LOW. Hell my tallest plant is only about 14" tall and the screen is at about 12" Not scrogging, just separating and supporting the buds a little. But I can see the advantage of not using one for sure. Thanks again. Great info.

Cool. Thanks for the feedback. That sounds very much like how I selected mine. I am also in a position where I have to dry in my tent, as the odors are offensive to my roommates. So now that I have four autos budding and five not yet in flower, I feel the odds of them all finishing together are nil. I could easily just let them all go until they are all finished and it would likely work out fine. But it wouldn't be harvesting each plant exactly when I want to. So I think I'm going to create a separate drying closet enclosure between now and harvest. Can't hang in my room and can't hang in the open spaces in the garage due to environmental concerns during drying and imperfect darkness. In a photo grow I don't have any of these concerns, cuz I KNOW what they are going to do (approximately). Autos feel like flying blind. The same two, and I know they're going to bud when I make them bud. But autos of the same strain can develop very differently. And I like what you said about NOT using the scrog net. I'm gonna keep mine this time just for support, and it's LOW. Hell my tallest plant is only about 14" tall and the screen is at about 12" Not scrogging, just separating and supporting the buds a little. But I can see the advantage of not using one for sure. Thanks again. Great info.
I’m in the same boat. I tried hanging a plant in a bathroom and I could smell it through the whole house and outside. I still haven’t tried an auto yet. I like being able to control flower. I’ll probably go back to SCROG after this. The stakes make it a pain to water properly. Or I may pull the stakes and use the plant yo-yos. I don’t know yet.

I’m in the same boat. I tried hanging a plant in a bathroom and I could smell it through the whole house and outside. I still haven’t tried an auto yet. I like being able to control flower. I’ll probably go back to SCROG after this. The stakes make it a pain to water properly. Or I may pull the stakes and use the plant yo-yos. I don’t know yet.
Yeah I staked my auto branches all around during training and it does make watering a pain in the ass.

Flower Day 4, Grow Day 81

Think they are about done with the stretch. I am seeing a little bit of clawing on the smaller leaves so I’m going to flush them on the next watering which will probably be tomorrow morning. Other than that they look happy and healthy. Lights are at 24” gonna let them set there and see if they get any closer. After about a week I’ll lower the lights to 18” if they haven’t stretched anymore.

8791151B-F45B-46C8-8258-D6B8F409CC2C.jpeg

Flower Day 4, Grow Day 81

Think they are about done with the stretch. I am seeing a little bit of clawing on the smaller leaves so I’m going to flush them on the next watering which will probably be tomorrow morning. Other than that they look happy and healthy. Lights are at 24” gonna let them set there and see if they get any closer. After about a week I’ll lower the lights to 18” if they haven’t stretched anymore.

8791151B-F45B-46C8-8258-D6B8F409CC2C.jpeg
Awesome. Looking as healthy as ever. Love the fan situation you have going on. And the raised off the floor idea is brilliant cuz that's a lot of surface area getting air that wouldn't if they were on the floor of the tent. Not as effectively anyway as sitting on the little risers like I have. Again, amazing awesome setup. Those buds are gonna be big. I got the same big fan you have in the corner. It oscillates, right? I find in my 5x5, placed exactly as yours is, it works PERFECTLY. Yes, it only oscillates 90 degrees rather than 180 or even 120, but if you have a square space, like 5x5 or 4x4, it's perfect. Even on the lowest speed it covers the tops above my screen in the auto tent perfectly. I love the damn thing, and the remote works well too. I'll be showing a pic when I do some infrastructure upgrades tomorrow. You'll dig what I got going on. Just waiting on the mail. These plants you've raised so well are gonna make awesome buds, can't wait to see. Great work. Let's just hope they don't get in with the wrong crowd and start doing stupid stuff and getting in trouble with the cops and shit. :laughtwo:

Awesome. Looking as healthy as ever. Love the fan situation you have going on. And the raised off the floor idea is brilliant cuz that's a lot of surface area getting air that wouldn't if they were on the floor of the tent. Not as effectively anyway as sitting on the little risers like I have. Again, amazing awesome setup. Those buds are gonna be big. I got the same big fan you have in the corner. It oscillates, right? I find in my 5x5, placed exactly as yours is, it works PERFECTLY. Yes, it only oscillates 90 degrees rather than 180 or even 120, but if you have a square space, like 5x5 or 4x4, it's perfect. Even on the lowest speed it covers the tops above my screen in the auto tent perfectly. I love the damn thing, and the remote works well too. I'll be showing a pic when I do some infrastructure upgrades tomorrow. You'll dig what I got going on. Just waiting on the mail. These plants you've raised so well are gonna make awesome buds, can't wait to see. Great work. Let's just hope they don't get in with the wrong crowd and start doing stupid stuff and getting in trouble with the cops and shit. :laughtwo:
Yeah I came up with the idea of using the little shelves when I did my first grow. I also used an oil pan to catch the water so I didn't have to empty it every time I watered, but that doesn't work in this setup so I just use aluminum turkey pans to catch the water, then dump them with each watering. I have two of those tower fans in the tent. One at each end. They work great, I just wished they would come back on when the power comes back on if there is a power outage. Right now I have to go in there and turn them back on and also turn them to oscillate. I need to get a battery backup for them so that doesn't happen.

Back
Top Bottom