Cig’s Mars Hydro TSL 2000 x2 With Several Different Strains In Soil

What is left in this 2x4 tent with a single TSL 2000 QB.

2 x Drunken Gorilla, in the back middle and to the left
1 x Studio 54 in the front middle
2 x The Hammer, the two on the right. The one in the front right is the one started a week behind and put into 12/12 two weeks earlier.

20200419_175102.jpg

Just put the 9 week Diesel in jars. Another 23 grams of popcorn or a little bigger buds and found another seed. Total going to jars for the Diesel is 61 grams. RH is about 70% right now on both, so I am sure I will lose a few more grams while I burp them down to 60% and add the Boveda .

Looks like the 9 week Cookies will be ready for the same treatment tonight, The Grape Jelly and Black Rose will need another couple days.

Putting the Grape Jelly and Black Rose into containers today to check the humidity and see if they are ready for jars.

So far 61 grams for the Grape Jelly and 51 grams for the Black Rose.

This brings my total almost dry weight to 223g, or just shy of 8oz. Not too bad for 4 plants that only took up 4 square feet. If I average that out I am at just under 1.5 gram per watt. Better than I expected especially given my early issues with nutrients. It will be interesting to see what the photos pull since they are currently taking up the entire foot print of the light and tent.

Black Rose went in the jar with 45 grams. it was sitting at 60% all day so will likely get a Boveda in the next day or so and then sit .... if I can stay out of it. This one is super sticky and the strongest and best flavored and smelling of them all. I will be growing it again real soon.

20200423_205655.jpg

Grape Jelly should be ready for the jars likely by morning.

Something I am working on to help slowly pull down the RH those last few degrees without using the Boveda (yet).

Sodium Nitrite in solution keeps a relative humidity of 65%. I checked what my jerky seasoning cure was made out of and it is mostly just Salt with some Sodium Nitrite. So I tossed some in a cap with some water in it and sealed it up in a bag with my hygrometer for the day and it set and held 60% RH all day.Since this is old expired seasoning and I was going to toss it out anyway, I retasked some seed containers, put the curing salt in it, then set it in with the Diesel that was sitting at about 70%. It pulled it down a couple of degrees. It is now sitting at about 68%. I will continue to burp once a day to get some oxygen in there as well, but these should help get me to my target RH in about a week in a nice controlled manner without having to use up the more expensive Boveda packs. Then the Boveda will go in them and they will be sealed up to complete the cure and for long term storage.

20200424_141801.jpg

Cig...pretty ingenious...I like where you are going with this.

Thanks!

It was an idea from keeping my Cigars. I use Propylene Glycol (RV antifreeze) soaked into a piece of florist foam for my Cigars. Keeps them at a nice stable 70%. But that is a bit too wet for the bud stash. So a little experimenting with some Salt mixes seemed in order.

I have noticed though that the salt seems to get to a certain amount of water in it and it starts to slow down how much it absorbs. So when I burp I am going to pull the tins out and dry them out a bit as well too. Probably like 1 day in and 1 day out kind of thing.

Yeah, they all have a pretty heavy Sativa lean. The Studio 54 is a bit more Indica but not by much and is real bushy and very short.

The three branches I super cropped are two weeks into flower now. It does not seem to have effected them much at all, by the end of the day the tips were already pointed straight back up at the light. Only one really did fold over. The other two are just pushed over slowly and gently. Actually it ended up more of like an LST.

Back
Top Bottom