Can I flower with Cotyledons?

Skybound

I have a slightly complicated situation in that I only have 1 room to veg & flower, so I need to get them all flowering at the same time. I have a mother plant (the big one) in soil, her 2 clones and 4 seedling in flower. The clones are doing excellent and the seedlings are doing pretty good as well. The thing is, I am about to flip the lights on mom in about a week (maybe 2) and whatever stage the young ones are, then so be it. I have to get this grow onward and completed so I can focus on a grow that does not consist of a bunch of different mediums, ages and space requirements.

So can a seedling with cotyledons be brought to flower some decent bud? I am going to find out regardless, but if it's just a matter of waiting that additional week, I suppose mom could go for one more. Just ball parking here, but I'm pretty sure she was planted just after the 4th of July (maybe the 7th to the 10th) That would mean she is roughly 13 weeks old at the date of this post, so you can understand why I want to get her in flower ASAP. Here's a pic of what I got going on and one of her first showing of sexual identification.

DSCF13071.JPG
DSCF13062.JPG

Re: Can I flower with Cotyledons??

Thanks a bunch Gigabane!!

Your mother and clones will drown the seedlings for light just try to spread the plants out in a way they all get light and try to keep the seedlings raised up a little so they get sufficient light. My guess is you will end up removing them eventually to make room for the bigger plants.

Good luck skybound

Thanks shottafire. I don't think I'll be able to raise them as they're in the aero with the clones. Now I have the mom LSTed to the max to allow light and some breeze to get on them. Hopefully when I flip I can get the scrog net on shortly after. As much as I hate to, I may have to put the clip fan up and aim it slightly down when that happens.

If you put some effort you can SCROG all of them, but you have to keep them quite even. When your mother starts to stretch - and she will - you need to top her or FIM her radically (like cutting few nodes at least). Otherwise you can pull her out. Whatever you do, I hope it'll work for ya :)

I'm only planning to cut from her bottom. If she outgrows her brood and their friends, so be it. I expect much more from her than them combined so I will fight her to save them, but if she is very stubborn and simply wants all the light, then that's how that's gonna go.

Back
Top Bottom