Beavis Does Blue Dream In High Brix Soil

You aren't helping me avoid BAS SF!
Just think about it like my goals are to get the strongest AND tastiest strains both those goals have to be met when I buy seeds I have one exception to this. I will buy HSO Blue Dream at some point it's the one strain that no longer meets though requirements that I'll drop money on. This will help you curb your spending by focusing on what's important to you in your strains

Mine too but thankfully I didn't succumb to BAS!

Ok, who am I kidding....I held off for 2 weeks! 2 WHOLE WEEKS! :cheer:

1.) Oregon Lemon Diesel x Skunk #1. No fun pics or descriptions as this is a newer one from Prof P. Info coming soon. Been wanting a real deal skunk and I can trust Professor P's. Plus that cross with lemon diesel....mmmmmm!

IMG_77695.JPG

2.) Oregon Huckleberry 2015 IBL: Oregon Huckleberry F4 x Oregon Huckleberry Bx3

I've had my eye on this strain for awhile now. Finally pulled the trigger.

Parental Information

MOM- The mother to this strain is an Oregon Huckleberry F4 that had been bred and selected over a five year span. She is a fast blooming plant that has very tight internode spacing and a heavy body high.

DAD- The father is an Oregon Bx3 that incorporates the Blue Magoo which adds potency and the outcrossing also added back some vigor. This Male was selected to maintain the Huckleberry characteristics without taking away from it’s medicinal quality.

IMG_77715.JPG

2 Photos from the breeder website:
oregon_Huckleberry_2_wm_1_of_1_-01.jpg

oregon_Huckleberry_wm_1_of_1_-01.jpg

3.) Cherry Vanilla Cookies: Platinum GSC x Ms. Universe #10

MOM- Platinum Girl Scout Cookie is an elite cut that is very high quality, but the big downside is the horrendous internode spacing, and low yield.

Dad-The Ms.Universe #10 has an extremely high thc content, but is a very functional and long-lasting medicine… The #10 male carries a DessTar(Starship x KaliMist) Dominancy which brings the disco balls(aka resin glands) to the party, as well as a extra coating of frosting and sweet essence of fruit, caramel and spices.

IMG_77707.JPG

Breeder Photo:
CV-Cookies-top1-1x1-300x300.jpg

Freebie:
Honey Badger Haze: C99/WW x Ms. Universe #10

Honey Badger Haze is an easy to grow sativa with a spectacular terpene profile that will make you salivate upon the first whiff.. Haze expressions are more predominant with pheno #1 & #2.. 9-10 weeks is typical for most phenos, but they can vary depending on environmental factors..

Breeder Photos:

Ok, who am I kidding....I held off for 2 weeks! 2 WHOLE WEEKS! :cheer:

1.) Oregon Lemon Diesel x Skunk #1. No fun pics or descriptions as this is a newer one from Prof P. Info coming soon. Been wanting a real deal skunk and I can trust Professor P's. Plus that cross with lemon diesel....mmmmmm!

IMG_77695.JPG

2.) Oregon Huckleberry 2015 IBL: Oregon Huckleberry F4 x Oregon Huckleberry Bx3

I've had my eye on this strain for awhile now. Finally pulled the trigger.

Parental Information

MOM- The mother to this strain is an Oregon Huckleberry F4 that had been bred and selected over a five year span. She is a fast blooming plant that has very tight internode spacing and a heavy body high.

DAD- The father is an Oregon Bx3 that incorporates the Blue Magoo which adds potency and the outcrossing also added back some vigor. This Male was selected to maintain the Huckleberry characteristics without taking away from it's medicinal quality.

IMG_77715.JPG

2 Photos from the breeder website:
oregon_Huckleberry_2_wm_1_of_1_-01.jpg

oregon_Huckleberry_wm_1_of_1_-01.jpg

3.) Cherry Vanilla Cookies: Platinum GSC x Ms. Universe #10

MOM- Platinum Girl Scout Cookie is an elite cut that is very high quality, but the big downside is the horrendous internode spacing, and low yield.

Dad-The Ms.Universe #10 has an extremely high thc content, but is a very functional and long-lasting medicine... The #10 male carries a DessTar(Starship x KaliMist) Dominancy which brings the disco balls(aka resin glands) to the party, as well as a extra coating of frosting and sweet essence of fruit, caramel and spices.

IMG_77707.JPG

Breeder Photo:
CV-Cookies-top1-1x1-300x300.jpg

Freebie:
Honey Badger Haze: C99/WW x Ms. Universe #10

Honey Badger Haze is an easy to grow sativa with a spectacular terpene profile that will make you salivate upon the first whiff.. Haze expressions are more predominant with pheno #1 & #2.. 9-10 weeks is typical for most phenos, but they can vary depending on environmental factors..

Breeder Photos:
Beaviiisssss very nice brotha

haha you beat me to the edit Seaweed!

These are Pheno 1 and 2 pics of the Honey Badger Haze. This looks like it'll be a nice sativa to try!

Pheno 1:

HB_haze_dry_1_of_1_.jpg

HB_haze_A_1_of_1_.jpg

Pheno 2

HB_haze_b1_1_of_1_.jpg
HB_haze_dried_B_1_of_1_.jpg

Damn bud, we're buying all these seeds but not popping any lmao. I'm gonna start popping as soon as my alien order arrives. I'm gonna put diamond dust in my safe, gonna hold on to it for a while. But glitter apples will be popped. Dude we're going to have some keepers in Sour apple line. I just wished I picked up a 3rd pack.

I'm still confused why most people on this site still buys old seeds from overseas. All the fire is right here in the states

Damn bud, we're buying all these seeds but not popping any lmao. I'm gonna start popping as soon as my alien order arrives. I'm gonna put diamond dust in my safe, gonna hold on to it for a while. But glitter apples will be popped. Dude we're going to have some keepers in Sour apple line. I just wished I picked up a 3rd pack.

I'm still confused why most people on this site still buys old seeds from overseas. All the fire is right here in the states
I've been saying this for months. Honestly the fire has always been here. All the good genetics in NL started in Cali lol all the good genetics now are being bred out of Cali and Colorado. Shit the Colorado Cookies by Dutch passion is from a Colorado cut of GSC. American cannabis hybrid genetics are the best in the world. Now if we're talking like pure indica or pure sativa that's not the case but for any really crazy HIGHbrid will be found in the US or Canada.

I've been buying up seeds like crazy the past few months. I'm excited to pop some of the Sour apple IBL lineup from alien genetics. Pricey, but he put some work into this line.

I'm going to start looking for a good sativa strain. I have full lineup from dynasty, should be some good sativa dominant strains. I'm just scared of growing some crazy fluffy herb, that's what held me back. That and I want to get few runs of docs kit in first

I've been buying up seeds like crazy the past few months. I'm excited to pop some of the Sour apple IBL lineup from alien genetics. Pricey, but he put some work into this line.

I'm going to start looking for a good sativa strain. I have full lineup from dynasty, should be some good sativa dominant strains. I'm just scared of growing some crazy fluffy herb, that's what held me back. That and I want to get few runs of docs kit in first
There are lots of heirloom sativa by dragonflame genetics and they don't seem fluffy in the least. Small grows like what you would think of a lanky sativa but dense. Something to think about, density matters less when you just make hash out of it ;)

I imagine one of the reason is the phenotypes. When I buy a group of dutch seeds, every seed grows the same. When I grew a CBD Critical Cure, I didn't get what I expected. It was fine but the Sativa Pheno was a surprise and a totally ugly plant to trim. My seeds from ACE (spain) are like the dutch seeds - reliable.

(p.s. I'm not saying there aren't American breeders that produce consistent and reliable strains, but if a company puts out 12 strains or more a year, they most likely don't. I used overseas vs the states because that was the example given.)

I suspect if you take Platinum cookies (8 base strains) and breed it with Gorilla Glue #4 (12 base strains) each of which have been crossed to deliver phenos that are all "fire" then you will get something good. There could also be a massive amount of phenotypes which each grow a little differently and respond differently to nutrients and temperatures.

Some of these seeds sold for a high price seem like the breeder purchased a seed packet from 2 different breeders, bred them, got a couple thousand seeds, grew 5 of them, saw they grew OK, and sold the batch of seeds under a new fancy name.

If that process I just described is breeding, then it seems you have 2 choices: mate your two favorite strains, or pay someone else to mate your 2 favorite strains.

Please understand, I'm not saying these expensive seeds are bad, just that they seem very little different from unnamed free seeds from a breeder who stabilizes their strains. I think they are doing some really creative marketing to get people to spend MORE for named but unknown quality seeds as compared to seeds which have actually been bred and tested and back crossed, and retested, for generations.

I have to second that... and I'm gonna add one more time that names are meaningless it's all the same genetics recycled all over in different configurations. Sure you can get faya from these seeds as well as runts, hermies, freaks and plants that are neither better nor worse than any average Dutch strain out there. On top of that when these unstable lines are put to test in organic soil in outdoor conditions 90% of them don't make the cut, cause they're to weak to cope with the natural environment, which to me is the failure of the khmm "breeder" :smokin:

Beavis you are really making me want to order more Dynasty gear! I cannot wait to see how that lemon diesel x skunk 1 cross does!

I imagine one of the reason is the phenotypes. When I buy a group of dutch seeds, every seed grows the same. When I grew a CBD Critical Cure, I didn't get what I expected. It was fine but the Sativa Pheno was a surprise and a totally ugly plant to trim. My seeds from ACE (spain) are like the dutch seeds - reliable.

(p.s. I'm not saying there aren't American breeders that produce consistent and reliable strains, but if a company puts out 12 strains or more a year, they most likely don't. I used overseas vs the states because that was the example given.)

I suspect if you take Platinum cookies (8 base strains) and breed it with Gorilla Glue #4 (12 base strains) each of which have been crossed to deliver phenos that are all "fire" then you will get something good. There could also be a massive amount of phenotypes which each grow a little differently and respond differently to nutrients and temperatures.

Some of these seeds sold for a high price seem like the breeder purchased a seed packet from 2 different breeders, bred them, got a couple thousand seeds, grew 5 of them, saw they grew OK, and sold the batch of seeds under a new fancy name.

If that process I just described is breeding, then it seems you have 2 choices: mate your two favorite strains, or pay someone else to mate your 2 favorite strains.

Please understand, I'm not saying these expensive seeds are bad, just that they seem very little different from unnamed free seeds from a breeder who stabilizes their strains. I think they are doing some really creative marketing to get people to spend MORE for named but unknown quality seeds as compared to seeds which have actually been bred and tested and back crossed, and retested, for generations.

You make some valid points and I enjoy reading through your opinion and experiences. There are some breeders that just chuck pollen and some of them charge A LOT for the seeds they are making doing this. Some breeders just find the craziest clone only strains or the craziest clones of strains and breed them together and then ask for a lot. Others like Dynasty though put time in and work their strains to make sure you are getting what you are looking for. Professor P breaks down the different phenos, highlights which ones he deems keepers and will provide detailed descriptions of each that have been worked. He does not charge as much as others and seems to put more effort into it.

Dutch genetics bother me for a few reasons. Most of them are supposed to have been worked for generations to give you the best and at times come up far short. I ran Dutch Passions Blueberry and Durban Poison from fem seed and both of them were not like the descriptions or even similar to what I had tried from them in the past. Both were lacking in quality and the blueberry was prone to hermie. I have tried delicious seeds and had hermie issues or lack luster plants along with others as well. When producing seeds there will always be variation and it is up to us to work through more than one or even two seeds of a strain to find what is worth keeping. A good example of this is my violetta from Ace that I ran. It is supposed to finish in 8-9 weeks with decently dense buds that are colorful. My Violetta was one of the tallest, lankiest plants I have grown that stretched to 2.5 to 3 times the size once put in flower, it also took 16 weeks to "finish" and had the airiest green buds I have grown :laughtwo:. I have always just popped one of each strain and hoped for the best and have been trying to get better about it. But I guess my point is is that it can all be luck of the draw with seeds and there are American breeders worth spending money on even more so than the European ones.

I also want to add that some of these breeders lose their parent clones and end up remaking strains from seeds and that can greatly effect what they produce and sell. A few Dutch breeders have had this happen to them and I think that is why some of their strains were better 20 years ago than they are now.
I have to second that... and I'm gonna add one more time that names are meaningless it's all the same genetics recycled all over in different configurations. Sure you can get faya from these seeds as well as runts, hermies, freaks and plants that are neither better nor worse than any average Dutch strain out there. On top of that when these unstable lines are put to test in organic soil in outdoor conditions 90% of them don't make the cut, cause they're to weak to cope with the natural environment, which to me is the failure of the khmm "breeder" :smokin:

A lot of these strains are bred for indoor cultivation and a lot of breeders will state this. The pollen chuckers only care about money and not what they put out so they wont test the or wont in a variety of scenarios. I do see some American breeders that will grow their gear outside and will even show you pictures of how they will do. Cabin fever seeds does it, TGA does it, Dragons Flame does it and others. I find it to be a failure of the breeder if they do not inform their customer whether or not they will perform outside. They should get tested inside and out before release or they should state that a strain is better suited to be grown indoors.

Beavis you are really making me want to order more Dynasty gear! I cannot wait to see how that lemon diesel x skunk 1 cross does!

You make some valid points and I enjoy reading through your opinion and experiences. There are some breeders that just chuck pollen and some of them charge A LOT for the seeds they are making doing this. Some breeders just find the craziest clone only strains or the craziest clones of strains and breed them together and then ask for a lot. Others like Dynasty though put time in and work their strains to make sure you are getting what you are looking for. Professor P breaks down the different phenos, highlights which ones he deems keepers and will provide detailed descriptions of each that have been worked. He does not charge as much as others and seems to put more effort into it.

Dutch genetics bother me for a few reasons. Most of them are supposed to have been worked for generations to give you the best and at times come up far short. I ran Dutch Passions Blueberry and Durban Poison from fem seed and both of them were not like the descriptions or even similar to what I had tried from them in the past. Both were lacking in quality and the blueberry was prone to hermie. I have tried delicious seeds and had hermie issues or lack luster plants along with others as well. When producing seeds there will always be variation and it is up to us to work through more than one or even two seeds of a strain to find what is worth keeping. A good example of this is my violetta from Ace that I ran. It is supposed to finish in 8-9 weeks with decently dense buds that are colorful. My Violetta was one of the tallest, lankiest plants I have grown that stretched to 2.5 to 3 times the size once put in flower, it also took 16 weeks to "finish" and had the airiest green buds I have grown :laughtwo:. I have always just popped one of each strain and hoped for the best and have been trying to get better about it. But I guess my point is is that it can all be luck of the draw with seeds and there are American breeders worth spending money on even more so than the European ones.

I also want to add that some of these breeders lose their parent clones and end up remaking strains from seeds and that can greatly effect what they produce and sell. A few Dutch breeders have had this happen to them and I think that is why some of their strains were better 20 years ago than they are now.

A lot of these strains are bred for indoor cultivation and a lot of breeders will state this. The pollen chuckers only care about money and not what they put out so they wont test the or wont in a variety of scenarios. I do see some American breeders that will grow their gear outside and will even show you pictures of how they will do. Cabin fever seeds does it, TGA does it, Dragons Flame does it and others. I find it to be a failure of the breeder if they do not inform their customer whether or not they will perform outside. They should get tested inside and out before release or they should state that a strain is better suited to be grown indoors.

Thanks Yeti - I'm sure you've grown more seeds than I have (seriously, no snark), and yes, some breeders have lost their original parents and pretend that the repacement parent is the same thing .

One part I am real curious about is
Professor P breaks down the different phenos, highlights which ones he deems keepers and will provide detailed descriptions of each that have been worked. He does not charge as much as others and seems to put more effort into it.

Is it really that hard to breed out the different phenos to get to seeds that only produe the pheno you want?

The decorative plant industry seems to be able to produce consistent plants. I'm sure a lot of those are clones, but I planted Morning Glory seeds this spring. One of them said Giant Blue an the other said Purple. The Giant Blue all came out the same size (large) and the same color blue. The Purple all came out medium sized purple with a yellow center that looked exactly like the package.

I have always just popped one of each strain and hoped for the best and have been trying to get better about it. But I guess my point is is that it can all be luck of the draw with seeds and there are American breeders worth spending money on even more so than the European ones.

Unfortunately it's impossible to say anything about the strain after growing 1 or 2 seeds, it's a die cast. And that's cause seeds are far too unstable with so many variations that you can get the best, the worst or plain average, but you'll never know, cause you just didn't see the proper population. That's the main problem with cannabis seeds in my opinion.

If you go to dynasty's website, he'll list each pheno for his strains. Most of his have 2-4 phenos. I can't remember the strain, but it was from barneys. I grew the whole pack. 9-10 were identical, all looked and acted alike. They just didn't have much vigor, wasn't near as frosty as some of these new crosses. It was decent, with good yield.

Some of these new seeds, I can pop a pack, and have 10 different phenos. Then if you get from good breeder, only have a few phenos and no nanners.

Thanks Yeti - I'm sure you've grown more seeds than I have (seriously, no snark), and yes, some breeders have lost their original parents and pretend that the repacement parent is the same thing .

One part I am real curious about is

Is it really that hard to breed out the different phenos to get to seeds that only produe the pheno you want?

The decorative plant industry seems to be able to produce consistent plants. I'm sure a lot of those are clones, but I planted Morning Glory seeds this spring. One of them said Giant Blue an the other said Purple. The Giant Blue all came out the same size (large) and the same color blue. The Purple all came out medium sized purple with a yellow center that looked exactly like the package.

I think there are a few reasons there is always some variation in seed stock. Some of it has to do with how far into breeding these people go. A lot of what people release are F1 hybrids and will always exhibit 2-4 phenos. Some do this same breeding over and over because they know what to expect and when you get to F2 things get more unpredictable. So some breeders do not like to take it beyond F1 due to fearing they will lose the magic of the F1 generation or they are simply lazy. F2 will allow for expressions from the grandparents to come through and thus make it harder to find what you want when growing them or breeding them further.

I also think some breeder like the variety you can get with more than one pheno and feel it allows the customer to choose what it is that they like and wnat to keep within each strain.

Unfortunately it's impossible to say anything about the strain after growing 1 or 2 seeds, it's a die cast. And that's cause seeds are far too unstable with so many variations that you can get the best, the worst or plain average, but you'll never know, cause you just didn't see the proper population. That's the main problem with cannabis seeds in my opinion.
Yes seeing a larger population within a strain would be better. If I had more room and a higher allowable plant count I would plant at least 5 seeds of each strain and go from there.

If you go to dynasty's website, he'll list each pheno for his strains. Most of his have 2-4 phenos. I can't remember the strain, but it was from barneys. I grew the whole pack. 9-10 were identical, all looked and acted alike. They just didn't have much vigor, wasn't near as frosty as some of these new crosses. It was decent, with good yield.

Some of these new seeds, I can pop a pack, and have 10 different phenos. Then if you get from good breeder, only have a few phenos and no nanners.

I have run some fairly stable seeds as far as phenotypical expression but they will produce either undesirable traits, not be as potent as wanted, lack vigor or hermie. I have run a couple of Delicious Critical Sensi Star seeds and the phenos have been near identical. It is to the point of if I stopped cloning the one I have I would feel confident I would find something similar I like from seed again. Bomb Seeds Big Bomb seeds have given me very similar plants from about 8 seeds but they all were not as potent as my wife likes.

I think there are a few reasons there is always some variation in seed stock. Some of it has to do with how far into breeding these people go. A lot of what people release are F1 hybrids and will always exhibit 2-4 phenos. Some do this same breeding over and over because they know what to expect and when you get to F2 things get more unpredictable. So some breeders do not like to take it beyond F1 due to fearing they will lose the magic of the F1 generation or they are simply lazy. F2 will allow for expressions from the grandparents to come through and thus make it harder to find what you want when growing them or breeding them further.

I also think some breeder like the variety you can get with more than one pheno and feel it allows the customer to choose what it is that they like and wnat to keep within each strain.

Yes seeing a larger population within a strain would be better. If I had more room and a higher allowable plant count I would plant at least 5 seeds of each strain and go from there.

I have run some fairly stable seeds as far as phenotypical expression but they will produce either undesirable traits, not be as potent as wanted, lack vigor or hermie. I have run a couple of Delicious Critical Sensi Star seeds and the phenos have been near identical. It is to the point of if I stopped cloning the one I have I would feel confident I would find something similar I like from seed again. Bomb Seeds Big Bomb seeds have given me very similar plants from about 8 seeds but they all were not as potent as my wife likes.
I'm running an F2 right now. I only have two of them but they were both girls from a reg seed and they both look identical

One thing, F2 actually is a first step towards inbreeding the line and that's where magic happens, cause you see every expression possible from both P1 parents. You just run a big population and pick what you like best to inbreed further into F3. There's no loss of quality from F1 to F2 in my experience, but there's much more variation here. It's much better for pheno hunters, but worse for growers who want a predictable strain. However it doesn't really matter that much, cause F1s are not produced from homozygous parents like in other fields of plant breeding, so there's no stability anyway. Slight loss of vigour might occur, but it's actually better for indoor growers who want a stable growth habit and minimal stretch.

Back
Top Bottom