Bassman Strips The Kosher Kush! Hi-Defoliation - DWC-RDWC - 1K Watts Of Madness!

Re: Bassman Strips the Kosher Kush! Hi-Defoliation, DWC-RDWC, 1k watts of Madness!

first subbscription on this forum , iv noticed its layed back here not a arguing match like iv seen on most the other forums im thinking of making this my new home

Re: Bassman Strips the Kosher Kush! Hi-Defoliation, DWC-RDWC, 1k watts of Madness!

cool man i hope you reach your goal , can you post a link to the thread were the guy pulls all that weight

Can't post that link. But Google: Defoliation Hi-Yield technique.

It's a 200+ page read. Lots of controversial opinion, but the evidence is there for those that wish to cipher through the b.s. and spend the time to learn. Read from those that share their actual experience rather than opinion. But that's just my opinion! (pun intended)

Highly suggest you download the pdf in the 1st post too. It's got most of the comments from the author of the thread. I met the author. I learned a bit from him. He saw my grow (an earlier one) and made suggestions.

Welcome to my grow and welcome to 420mag!

first subbscription on this forum , iv noticed its layed back here not a arguing match like iv seen on most the other forums im thinking of making this my new home

Thanks for coming along for the ride towdo! And welcome to 420mag!

It's a pretty cool calm and collected old (mostly old :thumb: ) bunch around here.

there are some good journals here , mr smiths ,420 fied ,propagator and still alot more me to read threw should keep me busy for awhile, ill be watchin this one

Heya BID!, I'll do an update in the next cpl days.

so much for updating in the next couple days!

Two weeks since my last post here in this thread.

Girls are fine, but way too tall. I didnt defoliate or bend since the 1st strip till a cpl days ago. Was so busy with work, then busy with harvest of other grow, then cleanup, and took apart the old rdwc to configure new with more flow and added 1k hps to a new 5' x 5' tent rather than the 4x4. And a bit of pure laziness.

I did a minor stripping a few days ago. And I've done a little bending.

I have to hit lowes tomorrow and get some more 1.5" pvc and finish configuration. If I get it all working right with no leaks (which I should do just fine), then I'll transfer the girls into the tent. I'll give then have to do some major bending and flip em.

Once I get it all assembled I'll take some pics and post a real update. But it's all going fine for the most part. Just too crowded in closet I use for veg.

Well the setup is 95% done.

The rdwc change to 1.5" pvc is working perfect. No leaks and fabulous recirculation. With last grow, using 3/4 tubing, and the smallest pump I could, the drain-leveling flow on the feed side was just too slow (gravity based) for all 5 buckets to remain at a constant level. I knew I was going to have to change to pvc and larger diameter. This also allows a larger pump through the chiller too which is good.

As you can see in the pics, each bucket has a nice big air stone and is generating tons of bubbles. These are the big 4" cylindrical stones. I like em.

I added a carbon filter for the smell as well (bottom left in tent pics). Last grow it was just nutso strong and using ona gets really expensive at $30-$40 gal or whatever it was.

I'm now using a 230 gph pump on the return side with 3/4 hose. Tapering down to 3/4 prevents cavitation when being fed from the 1.5" pvc. I also added a ball valve to stop the flow if needed. I'll probably add a "y filter" at some point to trap sediment.

Also built a pvc frame around the perimeter of the tent. This will do two things. Prevent some of the tent collapse do to any negative air pressure if intake flow is a bit low, and this frame allows me to mount small fans (top left corner) and gives a point to attach string for netting to lay buds on when I am bending the hell out of these gals.

I switched to 1000w HPS for this grow to flower in. Should be interesting for sure. I just hope I can keep it cool enough. Bought the electronic ballast from JDL lightings ( a 420mag sponsor) and the bulb is a digilux HO digital bulb rated at 155,000 lumens.

The nutrients are running in the system now. Just waiting a few hours then I'll ph balance if needed (likely not), or thin if too high. With about 17 gals of water I added the following:

150ml BPN 2 part A
210ml BPN 2 part B
60ml BPN Bloom Booster

75ml Fox Farms Bush Doctor (will only run this in flower till first res change)
120ml AN B52
120ml Hygrozyme
35ml cal mag (about 1/2 dose)

PPM is sitting pretty at 930 or 1.86 e.c.
PH presently is 5.8 without use of ph up or down using ro water

Initially the water temp was 73f when I put it in and turned on the system with the chiller. In 90 mins time, using the larger pump, the water temp is a perfect 65f

I'll move the girls over either during the 1 hour lights on (they are under GLR) or in the morning and I'll start bending. I will probably take some clones as well and I'm really going to make an effort to either spread them way the hell out or shorten them through another topping (dont want to top now). But they are too damn tall because my closet is too skinny and I was too damn busy the last couple weeks to deal with it.

As I do those things I'll take some pics tomorrow so you'll know what I mean.

In the meantime, here's today's efforts:
P7230001.JPG
P7230004.JPG
P7230005.JPG
P7230006.JPG

Thanks BiD,

I'll be catchin up on eberyones journals tomorrow. Dog ass tired right now though and goin to bed.

Update!

The girls are moved into the tent.

Boy did I screw the pooch on this one. They are too damn tall and not bushy enough (though I did just strip them 1/2 way a few days ago). They just had way too much time in the skinny closet in veg where I couldn't strip and bend them and they grew too damn tall and lanky. Looks like too much sativa for this type grow maybe?

As you can see I bent the hell out of them today and laid out some string. And clearly the two on the right are bigger than the two on the left. There is no way I can let them 3x stretch. But I don't know this strain either and if they 2x or 3x or whatever. The two on the right are pretty close to desired max height already.

Note to self: Try to set up old tent and veg there so I can control the gals.

So here's my quandary, and what I need help with:

Do I leave them on GLR a cpl or few days under the hps to bush out a little more since I defoliated a few days ago, then hit 36 hrs lights out to initiate flower and go 12/12?

Do I let them go dark tonight for 36 hrs to begin flower?

I really don't know. But I know they are too tall and not bushy like the Master Kush from last grow.

This is also a 9-10 week flowering period strain.

Here's the lowdown from a seed shop:
Reserva Privada Kosher Kush Indica Cannabis cup Winner for 2011 Flowering time: 9-10 weeks Yield: 450-550g/ m2 The winner, KOSHER KUSH, is an amazing strain out of California. It is a stinky over the top strain with an average yield making all who smoke it feel "blessed". She grows tall so pinching will help tame her as well as beef up the yields. She is easy to grow for the beginner and a challenge to master for the expert. The Kosher can handle moderate to heavy nutrients and has a great bud to leaf ratio making her easy to trim. Kosher Kush will instantly become your favorite smoke. Any herbalist who tries her wants more

On to the pics:
P7240001.JPG
P7240003.JPG
P7240002.JPG
P7240004.JPG
P7240005.JPG

i think you'll be fine with that scrog going no better way i know of to control height, i switched to a v-scrog cuz my purple mother went apeshit on me now she cant get taller with out me being able to stop it i say go ahead n flip i dont see it being a problem except maybe delaying flowering a little and vegging longer will do the same,apples n oranges, this will be fun to watch:thumb:

Update:

Day 5 of 12/12 is day 1 of FLOWER!

Girls show sex today, so it's day 1 of flower.

PH 6.1
PPM 975-1000 (.5 conv) or roughly 2.0 e.c.
Water temp: consistent 67
Air temp: up to 84f

Girls are doing fine. Have had a couple issues, no huge ones.

Damn girls are way too tall. I have little light adjustment available. So I've been bending a lot. Sadly, I bent 1 main branch and split it badly. Even with tape the branch and subsequent top and shoots didnt survive above the bend.

I have no idea if I'll be able to train them well enough to avoid height and still get them where I want in flower. Not having defoliated and trained them more in veg has actually hurt the goal.

I'm LOVING this new RDWC setup with pvc and larger pump! The water is really flowing well! Maintaining water level and ppm is easy as hell now. With lower flow it becomes a balancing act that takes time to get right each day. Now it takes but 5 mins max.

The pics I've got below highlight some of the bending I've done, and of course some sexing pics.
Enjoy.

P7290001.JPG
P7290003.JPG
P7290002.JPG
P7290006.JPG
P7290004.JPG
P7290008.JPG
P7290007.JPG
P7290012.JPG
P7290009.JPG
P7290014.JPG

Ok so being the procrastinator that I am, I thought I would wait till the very last minute to ask 2 questions on concentrates. I mean I may as well ask now since the butter is being melted as I speak to make canabutter right?

1. Do I need to grind the dry trim for canabutter that's going to simmer for 3-6 hours?

2. What about for dry ice hash? I didnt grind it the 1st time. But I also have a finer mesh bag this time. And I have some small bud mixed in with the trim as well.

I also posted the question in edibles forum but I tend to think it gets less views in the morning and since I am starting now I kinda need to know asap.

I do not dry my trim for butter. when you take it outa the freezer you bust it up and crumble it up while it is frozen it breaks up easily and put it in the crock pot (what I use) for 18hrs on low

I made my ice hash this weekend outa green trim frozen trim. It worked. I think dried trim may have worked better (not sure thow maybe less in the bucket) Remember we are knocking off and collecting is the triclones they are frozen and ready to come off the leaves, they really just need the iced water and the bubblebags tro separate them. I ended up with about 6g of Northern lights hash

Bass I made a BHO extractor this weekend (don't use nothing but dried trim or at least not soaking wet trim) out of 1" 1/4 inch galvanized pipe and 2 end caps with drain holes and a inlet hole I'm going to use steel wool as the filter at the outlet end.

I tried dry ice hash 1st with the frozen trim. I seen a video on the net and the guy made it work. it didn't work for me. Maybe not enough dry ice,not sure . it was a lot to get the bubble bag over the outside of the bucket and shook 4 ever and nothing outa the 120. I don't think I will try dry ice again

I sent you a PM Bro a week or so ago give me a call dude.
:peace:
Jim

oops double posted.

Here is a pick of my hash
IMG_007719.JPG

And I've stepped up my training my plants a little.
IMG_008819.JPG

IMG_009122.JPG

And here is a pic of my last Northen lights clone #5. I used Master Bassmans bending tichnics to level out the tops of her befor she went into flower. my best plant yet Thankyou Master Bassman, and Master Smokzalot(where ever U R). The 2 of you have trained me well and now I am a Jedi Master. :Namaste:
28 days in this pic
IMG_006718.JPG

Back
Top Bottom