Autos - 3 SIP's, A Hempy Bucket And A Fabric Bag

Day 63

Different strains but the hempy is keeping up to the SIP's :yahoo:

So much so the former wimp The Wedding Cheesecake (front right) had almost a dozen branches super cropped o_O

Half yesterday and the rest today. No casualties, yet !

I normally tie down and/or install a hoop but decided to give this a try although I Hope they will need support later on.

Out of the whole grow I removed THREE yellow leaves today !

Pretty sure I've lost another three or four from the start ;)

Not counting lollipopping...

In fabric bags I was doing this to almost all the girls every three days or so at this stage...

Day 63 The Girls 24 Sept 2023.jpg

Feed is now 5g MC and 1g Bud Explosion per gallon.

The MaxiBloom is up to 6g/gallon.

Only change planned is to lower or quit the Bud Explosion.

Cheers

Today, Day 50. Stretch continues o_O

California Snow was in need of some attention !

I cut off her second nodes and trimmed some lower interior branches.

Then I removed the hold downs and installed bamboo stakes and a wire hoop.

Also found another yellowing leaf, her reservoir was down to two after yesterdays top watering to run off so filled it with a half gallon of 4.1g/gallon of MC.

Gorilla Punch and Six Shooter were at half so I left them for tomorrow.

Day 50 CS hoop 11 Sept 2023.jpg

And then I found this on two leaves....

Wind burn ?

Day 50 SS leaf 11 Sept 2023.jpg

Cheers
In thesse kinds of cases I often wonder if such spots are because the plants are SO happy that they aren't scared of pulling massive potassium and they just go for broke, and then only so much is available and it starts sucking it out from other places, like leaves. Maybe it's a 'success issue'.

I shared my thoughts on Green Leaf's Sweet Candy, back on Bill's vivohut thread y.day. I use it as my flower nute with Mega Crop, gradually swinging the ratio from 5:1 MegaCrop/Sweet Candy at beginning in Veg, to 4:1 Sweet Candy by late mid Flower.

It doesn't have a micronutrient suite in it, so I still use the Mega Crop in small amounts.

Sweet Candy is actually 0-27-27 now.

I use the same matrix as you, Promix, but I use bennies. Its still worth it w/ Sweet Candy in my opinion over Bud Explosion even w/o using bennies, because it also contains all the great secondary metabolite helpers.

Price is comparable to MC, I paid 80$ CAD per 25lb bag. Can't beat that... anywhere.

Our plants can make use of those terp enhancers and soil conditioners in there, and the carbs., and Mag-Sul, and in SIPs it seems to stew quite nicely.

I thoroughly drenched my grape crop with it twice this year, as the sole amendment, and I know already this is a vintage year. I used it copiously on all my vegetable SIPs (going way over the top suggested dose a couple of times to see how the plants and roots coped - and there wasn't even a hiccup, and zero burn. (Has MKP and Epsom Salts, by weight about half). These were all, except the grapes, Promix SIPs. , ie tomato, cuke, peppers, squash, yadda and they all had improved flavour and yield. Weed digs it too. Big time.

One of the most beautiful gardens I've seen in a while. Thanks for sharing with us!

In thesse kinds of cases I often wonder if such spots are because the plants are SO happy that they aren't scared of pulling massive potassium and they just go for broke, and then only so much is available and it starts sucking it out from other places, like leaves. Maybe it's a 'success issue'.

I shared my thoughts on Green Leaf's Sweet Candy, back on Bill's vivohut thread y.day. I use it as my flower nute with Mega Crop, gradually swinging the ratio from 5:1 MegaCrop/Sweet Candy at beginning in Veg, to 4:1 Sweet Candy by late mid Flower.

It doesn't have a micronutrient suite in it, so I still use the Mega Crop in small amounts.

Sweet Candy is actually 0-27-27 now.

I use the same matrix as you, Promix, but I use bennies. Its still worth it w/ Sweet Candy in my opinion over Bud Explosion even w/o using bennies, because it also contains all the great secondary metabolite helpers.

Price is comparable to MC, I paid 80$ CAD per 25lb bag. Can't beat that... anywhere.

Our plants can make use of those terp enhancers and soil conditioners in there, and the carbs., and Mag-Sul, and in SIPs it seems to stew quite nicely.

I thoroughly drenched my grape crop with it twice this year, as the sole amendment, and I know already this is a vintage year. I used it copiously on all my vegetable SIPs (going way over the top suggested dose a couple of times to see how the plants and roots coped - and there wasn't even a hiccup, and zero burn. (Has MKP and Epsom Salts, by weight about half). These were all, except the grapes, Promix SIPs. , ie tomato, cuke, peppers, squash, yadda and they all had improved flavour and yield. Weed digs it too. Big time.

One of the most beautiful gardens I've seen in a while. Thanks for sharing with us!
Thank you !

I saw that post....

I've now stopped using Bud Explosion, getting close to the end ;)

Cheers

771f8261b330a53d5b737542a56dc0e331941c9e_2_690x492.jpeg
Looks good to me, let's have a taste! Glorious. Fer real. Just, glorious. That form the Six Shooter finalized into is something else, it looks like a wedding cake. Those are all some properly attractive Sativas. Each an individual.

What do you ultimately think about the bulb-change timing? Would you go earlier next time?

No doubt a lot of monster-cropping had to take place, but from here anyway it looks like SIPs, under your care, retained their reputation for ease of use, efficient nutrient consumption, and some extra biomass. I hope the final weights and quality are exceptional, on your behalf. For me, well, thanks for filling my dreams with spindly towers of delicate African herb. They are so evocative of a different world, a foreign experience. Thank you so much for sharing the grow.

Looks good to me, let's have a taste! Glorious. Fer real. Just, glorious. That form the Six Shooter finalized into is something else, it looks like a wedding cake. Those are all some properly attractive Sativas. Each an individual.

Thank you !

I did have a taste, I saved the snips from bud back building. Enough for half a bowlful.

And the results were promising :bongrip: :love:
What do you ultimately think about the bulb-change timing? Would you go earlier next time?

Having two runts that looked like they were going to amount to something threw my timing off. I normally change bulbs when I see the buds actually starting to form.

As is, they continued to stretch for two weeks under the HPS !
No doubt a lot of monster-cropping had to take place, but from here anyway it looks like SIPs, under your care, retained their reputation for ease of use, efficient nutrient consumption, and some extra biomass. I hope the final weights and quality are exceptional, on your behalf. For me, well, thanks for filling my dreams with spindly towers of delicate African herb. They are so evocative of a different world, a foreign experience. Thank you so much for sharing the grow.
My pleasure, thanks for your comments !

Cheers

Day 94

The SIP's and hempy bucket were all watered to run off from the top last lights on cycle.

I'll decide today if the Gorilla Punch and California Snow are going to start their pre harvest drought !

CBD Lemon is coming down in a day or two.

Six Shooter and Wedding Cheesecake pistils have finally started changing color...

California Snow

Day 94 CS top one 23 Oct 2023.jpg

California Snow

Day 94 CS top two 23 Oct 2023.jpg

Gorilla Punch

Day 94 GP top one 23 Oct 2023.jpg

Gorilla Punch

Day 94 GP top two 23 Oct 2023.jpg

Six Shooter

Day 94 SS top one 23 Oct 2023.jpg

Wedding Cheesecake

Day 94 WC top one 23 Oct 2023.jpg

Wedding Cheesecake

Day 94 WC top two 23 Oct 2023.jpg

Feed has been 5.5g/gallon for the Mega Crop girls, 6g/gallon for the MaxiBloom girls !

Cheers

Sorry I missed most of your grow, Chuck. I had no idea you'd started a new one. Everyone looks good. So many stacking colas. Gotta love that! :love:

I have a question. When you feed your girls at different levels of MC, do you mix up each girl's food separately? I use a 10L jug and have one at 4g/gal of MC and one at 5g/gal of MC and adjust as needed, e.g. the 4g/gal one gets halved for small plants, seedlings.

Also, have you made any decisions on whether a SIP grow or a hempy grow is better? Would you grow that way again?

Sorry I missed most of your grow, Chuck. I had no idea you'd started a new one. Everyone looks good. So many stacking colas. Gotta love that! :love:
Thank you ;)
I have a question. When you feed your girls at different levels of MC, do you mix up each girl's food separately? I use a 10L jug and have one at 4g/gal of MC and one at 5g/gal of MC and adjust as needed, e.g. the 4g/gal one gets halved for small plants, seedlings.
All three SIP girls have received the same feed of Mega Crop one part throughout Except the Gorilla Punch which was asking for more P. She got +1g/gallon of Bud Explosion for about a month. The other three only got it for a couple of weeks. And the small fabric bag and hempy have both been on 6g/gallon of MaxiBloom....

So basically, one mix for all...
Also, have you made any decisions on whether a SIP grow or a hempy grow is better? Would you grow that way again?
Well... The hempy bucket girl was a runt that suddenly Exploded with growth so its hard to say...

I will likely use both systems next grow but break my general rule and run the same strain twice, one in hempy and one in a SIP to get a better idea of what works best. Thinking Black African Magic :yahoo:

She comes in three packs anyway...

It doesn't look like either system is going to yield More than four gallon fabric bags but it was the healthiest grow I've done.

Both SIP's and hempy require about a 1/2 gallon of feed per day. A tiny bit more "work" than a gallon every three days in fabric bags. Really like the dip stick feature of the SIP's but a wood skewer works just fine in the hempy to judge how much feed is left. And I water to run off anyway...

The Big Bonus is there is no way to overwater ! Fill the reservoir once per day.

Watered from the top (once every third feed) with run off, ie., full reservoir and they just Keep Praying :love:

BTW > a hempy bucket with perlite is ~$15, a SIP bucket with ProMix HP is ~$5.

The Maxi series is roughly twice the cost of Mega Crop one part But still relatively inexpensive compared to something like the AN series !

Cheers

I should add, I will not be starting in SIP solo cups next time. Did not work that well for me.

The Gorilla Punch was started in a normal ProMix HP solo a week later and has kept up throughout the grow with her older siblings.

And just filling the reservoir 24 hours before transplant is not enough. The bottom of the prepared hole was barely damp but it didn't seem to hurt them. There was no "stall" at transplant.

Encouraging the "water" roots may sound fine but shortly after the plants were leaning for lack of top side roots.

Next time I will full the reservoir 24 hours before transplant And water from the top with a 1/2 gallon.

Cheers

Day 100

The CBD Lemon in the small fabric bag has not received any water for at least a week.

Tonight I "wet" trimmed her...

I didn't expect much more than a taste which is Just Fine :yummy:

At least she managed a respectable 36" inches o_O

Day 100 CBD Lemon 29 Oct 2023.jpg

On the left the Gorilla Punch (Front) and California Snow (Back) have not had water for eight days.

They were watered from the top and had full reservoirs at that time....

They are just starting to wilt today and will likely come down in a day or so !

Wedding Cheesecake right front in the hempy is drinking 3/4 of a gallon every day !

Up from a bit more than 1/2 gallon per day two weeks ago o_O

Amazed at how she suddenly took off and is now in the running for Top Girl ;)

Six Shooter right back in a SIP with only her top peeking out is emptying her reservoir Every Day !

Also up from two weeks ago....

Day 100 The Girls 29 Oct 2023.jpg

Just for fun, this is the Wedding Cheesecake super cropped ~ 40 days ago...

Gently squeezed the stem and slowly pulled it over. A wire to hold it in place for insurance, it was a bit of a surprise when it effortlessly folded right over ;)

Day58 WC top bend 19 Sept 2023.jpg

Today, the wire is supporting another branch !

Day 97 WC knuckle 25 Oct 2023.jpg

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom