Some pics of the RR1 plant this morning.

I have not noticed any difference with the leaves after the banana tea solution. I wouldn't have expected to this early, unless it was an adverse reaction I was seeing. I think the best I can hope for is that the banana tea stops more leaves from taking on that burnt appearance. I wonder if once a week is a good rule of thumb for dosing. I must find out.

Gorgeous looking lady!! Happy Smokin'

Nice to see some of that outside purple coming through indoors!
It's pretty. The RR2 plant has lost that colour after drying though.
Gorgeous looking lady!! Happy Smokin'
Happy smokin' Bode, thank you!

Here are a couple of dramatic shots. I've been practicing. I don't think there is enough light in the flower. It looks like it should be lit from another angle and I can't think of a way to do that in the confines of that space. Flash just blows out the trichomes.

It's pretty. The RR2 plant has lost that colour after drying though.

Happy smokin' Bode, thank you!

Here are a couple of dramatic shots. I've been practicing. I don't think there is enough light in the flower. It looks like it should be lit from another angle and I can't think of a way to do that in the confines of that space. Flash just blows out the trichomes.

Nice shots. Pretty bud. Very interesting background.

I like the way the red in the background picks up the red in the pistils.

Have you tried some kind of reflector to get more light in there?

MGM

How about a flashlight shining in from the side?
I can try to set something up on a tripod, I just don't know how because I have to hold the camera for the angles. The tripod would have to hold a lamp / torch.
Nice shots. Pretty bud. Very interesting background.

I like the way the red in the background picks up the red in the pistils.

Have you tried some kind of reflector to get more light in there?

MGM
A reflector I don't have. Please remind me how to make a simple, cheap one out of common materials.
Great pic BTW!😍
Thank you :)
Remind me not to enter the Photo contest next month!
lmao I've been at this for five years and I still haven't won photo of the month!
Awesome pictures Carmen well done :adore:
Thank you!, And here's another one that I am much happier with. I took it this morning, with window light in the mix. The backlighting makes it soft and creamy which I like.

I can try to set something up on a tripod, I just don't know how because I have to hold the camera for the angles. The tripod would have to hold a lamp / torch.
You can also use your tripod to set up a reflector and clamp. Cost under $75 US or less. Look up Lastolite circular reflectors. They make some 12" round reflectors that cost around $25 US. Look up reflector clamp holders and find the ones that can fit your tripod, cost between $12 and $25 US.

But you ask something more fun.
A reflector I don't have. Please remind me how to make a simple, cheap one out of common materials.
Here is something fun.

For a reflector, two options:

1. Glue or tape some aluminum foil to some cardboard that fits your space. Be sure to fix the shiny side against the cardboard, and use the matte side as the reflector. They shiny side causes hot spots..

2. More professional. Use foam core. Foam core makes a great "bounce" card. Cut to size.

OK, now here is the fun part: Mounting your reflector.

To bring the reflector up to the height of your pots, take some unused pots with soil in them, and use them as the base/ballast of your reflector system.

Now, you can either glue some bamboo stakes to the back of the cardboard/foam core reflector then stick them into the soil of the unused pots -- your "reflector stand bases." Or, stick the bamboo stakes into the ground and then tape or wire them to the stakes. Potato chip bag clips might also work to fix the reflector to the stakes.

Finally, for fill light shooting weed under grow lights. There is always this dream space:

Lume Cube Panel Go RGB LED Light Kit

Maybe Santa is nice to me.

MGM

lmao I've been at this for five years and I still haven't won photo of the month!

You can also use your tripod to set up a reflector and clamp. Cost under $75 US or less. Look up Lastolite circular reflectors. They make some 12" round reflectors that cost around $25 US. Look up reflector clamp holders and find the ones that can fit your tripod, cost between $12 and $25 US.

But you ask something more fun.
DIY hacks are my jam. Today the exchange rate is R18,30 to $1 today, so things cost us almost 20 times what they cost you I think.
Here is something fun.

For a reflector, two options:

1. Glue or tape some aluminum foil to some cardboard that fits your space. Be sure to fix the shiny side against the cardboard, and use the matte side as the reflector. They shiny side causes hot spots..

2. More professional. Use foam core. Foam core makes a great "bounce" card. Cut to size.
I'll look for foam core then and in the meanwhile I can try the aluminium foil.
OK, now here is the fun part: Mounting your reflector.

To bring the reflector up to the height of your pots, take some unused pots with soil in them, and use them as the base/ballast of your reflector system.

Now, you can either glue some bamboo stakes to the back of the cardboard/foam core reflector then stick them into the soil of the unused pots -- your "reflector stand bases." Or, stick the bamboo stakes into the ground and then tape or wire them to the stakes. Potato chip bag clips might also work to fix the reflector to the stakes.
This can work :)
Finally, for fill light shooting weed under grow lights. There is always this dream space:

Lume Cube Panel Go RGB LED Light Kit
Yeah that would be really nice.
Maybe Santa is nice to me.
🤞
Thanks MGM!

DIY hacks are my jam. Today the exchange rate is R18,30 to $1 today, so things cost us almost 20 times what they cost you I think.

I'll look for foam core then and in the meanwhile I can try the aluminium foil.

This can work :)

Yeah that would be really nice.

🤞

Thanks MGM!
You're welcome, Carmen!

How's the auto you bent over? Is she feeling better now? Maybe she was over watered? Cheers & nice shot's SSgrower
I've removed restraints so that it can grow vertically again, and I snipped fan leaves to expose the branches to light. I've moved the two new plants to a new journal, the top one in my signature.
20231122_205422.jpg

Pics are incredible. I see plenty of trichomes. Lovely.
Lekker day chom
Thank you chom! You too :)
Thanks Otter :)

I've removed restraints so that it can grow vertically again, and I snipped fan leaves to expose the branches to light. I've moved the two new plants to a new journal, the top one in my signature.
20231122_205422.jpg

Thank you chom! You too :)

Thanks Otter :)
Love the background.

MGM

Hi Carmen - the best way to catch trichomes/highlights is to use a fill-in flash
Take a shot in auto mode, make a note of aperture/exposure the camera calculates
Switch it to manual mode and set the same parameters
But this time, pop the flash up and set it to 1/3 power, and reduce aperture/exposure to compensate
Might take a few shots to get the balance right - if the flash is too harsh stick a fag paper over it for a more milky shot
When you balance it just right, you won't get a flash shadow

Love the background.

MGM
Thanks! That's what I was using for the colorful bokeh on the bud shots :)
Hi Carmen - the best way to catch trichomes/highlights is to use a fill-in flash
Hi Roy :) Nice to see you. Sheesh, fill in flash is one of the hardest things I've had to learn in photography, and I am no closer to knowing how to use it. It's very hit and miss for me. I will keep trying.
Take a shot in auto mode, make a note of aperture/exposure the camera calculates
I have never used this camera in auto mode. Another thing to try.
Switch it to manual mode and set the same parameters
But this time, pop the flash up and set it to 1/3 power, and reduce aperture/exposure to compensate
Might take a few shots to get the balance right - if the flash is too harsh stick a fag paper over it for a more milky shot
When you balance it just right, you won't get a flash shadow
This is going to be a whole new ball game if I get it right, but its a lot harder than it sounds.

Do you have a nice pic as an example of when you used this technique?

Back
Top Bottom