AllSmiles - 2016 - Indoor - LED - Grow V

Congrats on excellent harvest AS. The middle BG3 flower pic should be in a strain guide. Beautiful & so frosty. Great gardening!:thumb:
Thanks BL! Can't wait to give BG3 a try.
Great looking produce AS. :thumb:

I see some anthocyanins showing on that BG too. Did that develop in the dark cycle or was it there before? Either way, awesome run man.

:cool:

Thanks Gov. BG3 actually started developing the purple pigmentation about 10 days ago on all the tips of her buds including the middle tier buds. They did seem to spread down across the buds more during the dark cycle but I'm not sure if that was cause of the spread or it would have done that either way even with lights on. I got high hopes for the smoke! Just a pungent smell of over ripe sweet berries.

:bravo:

Awesome Smiles! Congrats on the fantastic harvest. Anything over 100 grams is a major win IMO. I noticed you subscribe to the Dark period theory. Can you tell me what it does for the plants/buds? I did it to one plant one time and I was impressed with the way it loosened up the buds and made the bag appeal off the charts. Specially when I did a dry trim. Are there other benefits to the dark period that you've noticed?

Happy days!

Honestly I have not noticed anything different trying out these longer dark periods before chop. Nothing jumps out at me. It's not like when I switched to dry trimming where it Definitely removed the strong hay smell I was getting when wet trimming and seem to take a lot of time curing before that smell went away. Dry trim has eliminated that and I will never trim wet again because of this. It's also way less work dry trimming IMO. Way less cleaning of the scissors.

I've read up on many forums about the positives of dark cycles such as increased THC and terpenes but have not noticed it myself. If I were really experienced in one strain and have grown it multiple times maybe I would notice changes but I keep trying out different strains. Also I keep changing the way I grow so until I've settled down on a method there's just too many variables to say this did that. Think I can say that I've experienced no negative effects at all giving a dark cycle. I am noticing that my buds seem to be curing faster and have more smell and flavor to them after only a week or 2 of curing. But I've changed to all organic amendments and no bottles on the 2nd half of this grow so not sure. If I have the option to provide a dark cycle I will but its not a priority of mine at this time.

Honestly I have not noticed anything different trying out these longer dark periods before chop. Nothing jumps out at me. It's not like when I switched to dry trimming where it Definitely removed the strong hay smell I was getting when wet trimming and seem to take a lot of time curing before that smell went away. Dry trim has eliminated that and I will never trim wet again because of this. It's also way less work dry trimming IMO. Way less cleaning of the scissors.

I've read up on many forums about the positives of dark cycles such as increased THC and terpenes but have not noticed it myself. If I were really experienced in one strain and have grown it multiple times maybe I would notice changes but I keep trying out different strains. Also I keep changing the way I grow so until I've settled down on a method there's just too many variables to say this did that. Think I can say that I've experienced no negative effects at all giving a dark cycle. I am noticing that my buds seem to be curing faster and have more smell and flavor to them after only a week or 2 of curing. But I've changed to all organic amendments and no bottles on the 2nd half of this grow so not sure. If I have the option to provide a dark cycle I will but its not a priority of mine at this time.

Same here. I've tried dark periods twice (48hrs both times) and not seen anything definitively different from the ones I didn't.

Thanks guys! Pretty much the only thing I've noticed is the really tight buds on the White S1 (grown it 3 times) loosened up a bit making the ounces appear bigger than without the dark cycle. Might be a good option for super dense buds like jack herrer but based on your observations I'd agree there isn't much of a tangible deference. I agree with dry trimming. I'll never trim wet again either.

Fem BG girls got chopped today. Buds were originally pollenated 38 days ago and a 2nd round of pollenation 30 days ago.

Branchy BG2 is on the left and BG3 on the right.
IMG_57087.JPG

BG2
IMG_571110.jpg

Some split calyxes.
IMG_57146.jpg
IMG_57229.jpg

And some BG3 seeds that fell out during wash.
IMG_57277.jpg

I'll harvest the seeds when the buds are dry and ready for jars. Should be a good seed harvest.

The BGs got trimmed and jarred yesterday. BG2 pulled in 132 grams and BG3 121 grams.:volcano-smiley:

Holy Moly!

Those are beautiful seeds AllSmiles. Sending positive vibes your way that they're killer and viable. You've got talent my friend!

Congratulations on a successful seed endeavor.:high-five:

Don't forget to give these white ones a squeeze. If they break just toss them. They are immature, so they won't germinate.

Maybe i can buy from you:cheer:
Not much to report on this week. I harvested my fem beans last night. Probable close to 1000 seeds between the 2 clones.

IMG_576011.jpg
IMG_57656.jpg
IMG_57399.JPG

I'll start getting some smoke reports on strains grown in this journal and wrap this journal up soon. :peace::)

Shit...I just Wish I had a basement. Lol. I Acquired about having one dug and built. It seemed like the smart thing to do, rather than building on rooms, I would just double the size of my house. But the contractors didnt see it the same way. Something about insurance and lifting the house. So I never went through with it. Congrats on the harvest bro. Looks like a very good yield. I can only imagine the smell it must be giving off. :thumb:
My cousin did that with her house in dc.....her and her husband dug it out themselves. You would never know that it was not part of the house.

Actually I know three others that did the same thing to their houses in DC

I am new to all this...remember that when I give my limited advice

Back
Top Bottom