Afghan Kush Ryder Comparison

Mr G

mj120.jpg

mj216.jpg

mj39.jpg

Just goes to show you never know what these plants are gonna' do. These two were from the same seed order. The smaller of the two is at 62 days, the larger is at 33 days. They were grown under identical conditions with the exception of I transplanted the smaller/older Kush into a smaller pot 2 weeks ago. I also topped the smaller/older Kush one time.

mj120.jpg

mj216.jpg

mj39.jpg

Just goes to show you never know what these plants are gonna' do. These two were from the same seed order. The smaller of the two is at 62 days, the larger is at 33 days. They were grown under identical conditions with the exception of I transplanted the smaller/older Kush into a smaller pot 2 weeks ago. I also topped the smaller/older Kush one time.

I wouldn't say they were grown in identical conditions at all... Their growing environments and outside stimuli couldn't have been more different.

The smaller plant that is twice as old as the larger plant, is in a growing environment that is half the size of the larger one. The container with the soil/soiless mix is the growing medium and a huge factor that is part of the environment - the smaller the pot the smaller the plant. The plants growth most likely became stunted due in large part to being root bound in a small container...

I reread your post and am noting you said - you transplanted the smaller plant into a smaller pot??? where they grown in the same sized containers????

More over, you TOPPED the smaller, possibly root bound plant.... when you top the plant you are externally manipulating the Auxins of the plant... Auxins are the plants hormones that control the plants growth. some plants dont respond as well as other plants to topping... it may have been too early in the plants life to top. it is a pretty darn small plant. Some plants take a while to recover from topping.

I veg my rooted clones for 2 to 3 weeks before I top... then after I top I veg for an additional 3 to 4 weeks for a total of 6 weeks veg.

I wouldn't say they were grown in identical conditions at all... Their growing environments and outside stimuli couldn't have been more different.

The smaller plant that is twice as old as the larger plant, was in a growing environment, correction, it is still in a growing environment that is half the size of the larger one. The container with the soil/soiless mix is the growing medium and a huge factor that is part of the environment - the smaller the pot the smaller the plant. The plants growth most likely became stunted due in large part to being root bound in a small container...

More over, you TOPPED the smaller, most likely root bound plant.... when you top the plant you are externally manipulating the Auxins of the plant... Auxins are the plants hormones that control the plants growth.
I think you missed the part where I said "with the exception of I transplanted the smaller/older Kush into a smaller pot 2 weeks ago. I also topped the smaller/older Kush one time." As far as the pot size, I only transplanted it two weeks ago when it was apparent it was a runt. It was in the same size pot as the other one prior to that so that was not the reason. As far as topping it, I've had decent results prior with other plants.

Apparently you were posting as I was already editing... in any case... topping is a huge....

it isn't surprising do see different phenos among plants of the same strain... most hybrids exhibit atleast 2 and there is the occasional runt.

Ill be going to my buddies grow this coming weekend... he is a brand new grower and this is his first crop. I gave him a bunch of Mandala Hashberry and Satori seeds - as well as his own bag seeds. HWe have a mutant Satori plant that has unusual branching... we are hoping it is a female.... it was a trifoliate as a seedling. Ill be grabbing a few clones off it soon.

I am going to take photos of it.

I'm not sure what brought on its "runtiness", but it's pretty cool anyway, sort of like a Bonsai mini Kush. I'll be smoking it in a few weeks...

Back
Top Bottom