Advice, opinions, reassurance: thanks in advance, it's all productive criticism to me 8C

Iwfy8C

420 Member
4 plants...4x4...2 led grow lights*new to indoor setting*
Screenshot_20210424-030920~2.png
free seed #1
Day 43(and since its showing pre flower AND preF
says its a she and shes an AUTO
Screenshot_20210424-030800~2.png
Screenshot_20210424-030810~2.png

free seed #2
DAY43(?Strain?)(?Auto?)(?Photo?)
InShot_20210424_031124298.jpg
GreenCrack(Auto) Day 35
Screenshot_20210424-030644~2.png
ThePrimeShit(AUTO) Day 35
Screenshot_20210424-030652~2.png

Screenshot_20210424-030652~2.png

Your plants are looking great @lwfy8c. Nice job on the LST. One in a grow bag The two in plastic buckets and the one in a pot, do they have drain holes? :Rasta:
Thanks and im glad the LST did turn good what had caused me to do it to just that plant was originally i had 3 plants outside and 2 inside and well about a week into the move everything was going great ..then in the still of night had came a very cold temp drop 33° to be exact..and that next morning when i went to check the 3 outside 1 was dead(my auto purple haze) and the other 2(free seed #1 and free seed #2 looked alright but i said "hell with that" and brought them back in to the tent *after closely and thoroughly examing my containers,soil,and plants for pest*
Out of the 2 the LST'D plant had streched a bit in the week it was
outside and well in fear i wont have the space to grow all 4 plants..and definitely not having the proper amout of lighting/wattage for 4 plants to yeild very good is a big stress factor for me that and ive turnd my garage into my beedroom..and due to no insulation on 3 of the 4 walls controlling the TEMP and RH has been challenging plus with my income being limited to
85$wk UI BENEFITS it has left me unable to get some of the smaller yet beneficial for any grow to go smooth ..like for quick example i have no Hydrometer or any way to keep track of temp and Rh..and starting the grow of the free seeds there was a down side i dont know anything about what strain they are or if they're autos or photos well 3 days ago
free seed #2 starting showing preflowering and and well for at least 1 of 2 free seed plants growing i know preflower shows female and its gotta be an auto due to ive never changed the 18/6 light schedule in my tent its been same since day 01 and shes only 44days old...oh and yes i pre drilled
6 dime sized holes in the bottom in a Pentagon pattern of 5 holes and hole number 6 directly center of containers. with all my non fabric

The four plants could definitely fill up a 4x4, all depending on the lighting and environment around them. Being ,maybe , all autos and already showing signs then you should have loads of room
I believe only thing leaving me on edge is being so uneducated to the indoor growing methods and not knowing anybody personally or socially that has grows under their belt and most importantly anyone who would happily teach there methods to me and not asking for any grow secrets ( which in my opinion don't exist "grow secrets" i could be wrong but i dont wanna know any secrets anyway just the Bare fundamentals of growing a healthy and potent plant..and sorry ahead of time for the foot long messages.. im a writer(my hobby is all)..so its hard for me to keep it S. H. O. R. T... lol!!!

NP. Takes me forever to type shite out. Fingers don't always do what the mind tells them to. lol I don't grow in dirt. So far my score that way is, lets just say inadequate. In hydro, a different story. But like all of us , still learning. Any questions, give me a shout out. I will try to answer the best I can , and if not ,can point you in the right direction. :Rasta:

NP. Takes me forever to type shite out. Fingers don't always do what the mind tells them to. lol I don't grow in dirt. So far my score that way is, lets just say inadequate. In hydro, a different story. But like all of us , still learning. Any questions, give me a shout out. I will try to answer the best I can , and if not ,can point you in the right direction. :Rasta:
Hydro as in ponic correct?..eventally hydro growing is what id like to be more educated and informed about..im only 32 so im still considered "younginn" by some elders but i feel old for what it is im about to type before getting to my point of intrest and here it is *growing the pot has evolved since the 15yr old hippy pothead who refused to deal with the scetchy mofos serving up back then.. ever again..i swear to the green buds above after i had got ripped off and then jumped for asking for my money back ..by a wangster pot dealer and his poon squad..lets just say 2 moments of my life became marked in the book of aaron.. One moment being.. what i call
××The Beginning of my True Destiny,
And
××The Ending of ever again
Dealing with all of the the cringe-worthy "Gansgter Hussuhlures"
On the street...
And so anyway the following week after the rip off incident im at my high school after the school day though i was doing community service..and so im mopping the halls well as i get to the last bathroom to mop im in there first thing i check stall in case..well then im going to change the trash bag out and when i lifted old bag out i was just in auto pilot so i didnt really observe my surroundings..So then..im about to put a bag back in the trash can and BEFORE I COULD!!!i had noticed something in the bottom of the can...a book? ...in my mind i almost made a swift thoughtless desicion to jus leave it thinking it was jus a school book...but i looked for a sec,decided,and reached down to finally reveal a super thick paperback book that read..
"THE CANNABIS GROW BIBLE"
By Greg Green now at that exact moment i was like "awe man awesome a weed book"..but boy i didnt know how much of an enlightened impact the book would make to be on me in the next 3months..really for the rest of my life really..

They look reasonably healthy but at day 43 what is keeping them so small

They look reasonably healthy but at day 43 what is keeping them so small?
Im not sure but i been asking myself the same thing ..any clues as to why?
And feel free to ask me about anything should you need specific details to help you better your assumptions as to the reasons why there so little this age??.?
..ill start off by stating i been wondering if my light is either to close of turned up to high..would that keep a plant little and/or short?

Could be too cold, especially if roots are cold can slow growth.
Severe under or over watering.
A lot of needless transplanting can stunt plants for a week or so at a time.
Im Responding to the suggestion of..
¤TEMP-up until 3 days ago my girls had not got to experience any temp over 75°F ,and every night since
Veggling stage when the lights go out
i know they it was cold for them
cold ranging temps would fall anywhere from 33F to 70F outside and anywhere from 63F to 69f inside.
-Theroy the constant cold nights could have stunted growth

¤WATERING-I believe that in the beginning I had been over-watering I'm just now finally starting to see the an Improvement in growth and health -Getting the watering system that 1 down pat is one of my main priorities right now and ever since i read the bit on watering available on here i think by an Emily..it was very informative and detailed.

¤TRANS.PLANTing- 3 out of 4 has only been transplanted once and that was from solo cups to final containers and the one inthe fabric bag is in day 3 of flower but see i had transplanted her about a week ago because i had came to the conclusion of the pot i had her in would not dry in which caused the plant to take a complete hault nearly.. slowd down growth alot ..so then In a fabric grow bag she went..and as far as stress tothe LST'D plant well it was an outdoor plant for a wk anyway but then it got caught in an unexpected cold front one night of 33°F ..1° from freezing along with my fabric bag plant wich honestly that is when i really start to recall growth rate slowed heck that explains the 2 on the right possibly they are 43 days old now as for my 2 five-gal bucket plants there both 33 days old and really i can figure why they would be stunned *transplanted to final pot from seedlings
*have not been training with HST
*did top both after 4 node
*i have no way of knowing my
Environmental Conditions Data
Such as Temp,RH,EM,PPM'S,PPHD
LUX OR PAR..smh its been all i could do get the equipment i have now..but my mother had to get a colonoscopy bag installed and plus shes doing kemo once a week and over half of my monthly funds are to help her feel comfortable and relieve some stress and worry off here at least financially...anyway sorry bout that..and hope you can make sense out of my chaos..ha..smh

Good morning @lwfy8c. Nunyabiz hit the nail on the head with the cold, but probably not the only reason for the short growth at this age. Is your tent on a concrete floor? If so place some ridged insulation under the pots. Your day time temps. of 75f are pretty good. Can run above 80 but all other parameters must also be in line. Night time dropping into the 60's is also fine, BUT, and this a big but, when your temps. are approaching the freezing point everything slooows doown. A small heater in the tent to help with the cooler nights.
Don't know a whole lot about auto's but I believe they should be started in their final container, The transplant tends to slow them down as well, so maybe. That being said, if they all turn out to be auto's then you should have loads of room in your tent.
If your LED's are dimmable, turn them up but follow manufactures specs. as to height. Also what time schedule do you have them on? :passitleft:

Good morning @lwfy8c. Nunyabiz hit the nail on the head with the cold, but probably not the only reason for the short growth at this age. Is your tent on a concrete floor? If so place some ridged insulation under the pots. Your day time temps. of 75f are pretty good. Can run above 80 but all other parameters must also be in line. Night time dropping into the 60's is also fine, BUT, and this a big but, when your temps. are approaching the freezing point everything slooows doown. A small heater in the tent to help with the cooler nights.
Don't know a whole lot about auto's but I believe they should be started in their final container, The transplant tends to slow them down as well, so maybe. That being said, if they all turn out to be auto's then you should have loads of room in your tent.
If your LED's are dimmable, turn them up but follow manufactures specs. as to height. Also what time schedule do you have them on?
If your LED's are dimmable, turn them up but follow manufactures specs. as to height. Also what time schedule do you have them on? :passitleft:
:passitleft:

Good morning and ...so glad to start my morning off with such a genuine reply of concern and my floor was straight crete before i put some of that snap together flooring down..and i finally got a small space heater for the tent and im only guessing when saying temp is holding steady around 80°F with lights on i have 4 fans going
1- 12inch oscillating fan
1- 5inch non_oscillating fan
1-12 non_oscillating fan
And
1-DUAL 12 v cooling fan out of
A XBOX 360* FOR KEEPING each LIGHT DRIVER COOled OFF..

NOW AS FOR MY LIGHTING SCHEDULE
18.ON
6.OFF
SINCE DAY 01

I think the clic-loc flooring is not enough. Even a 1" piece of the light duty white packing foam would go a long ways. Some denser foam would be better. Don't know how you are watering yet but if your roots have all traveled down and filled the bottoms of the pots then the majority of them are sitting on a cold floor. The light schedule is fine. I do know some that run auto's at 20/4. Don't know if it makes much difference except maybe in the pocket book. :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom