420 Magazine Sponsored Grow Extravaganza Featuring NextLight Mega, GeoFlora Nutes & More!

TURNING BLUE ON DAY #52!

It's day #52 of 12/12 and the Tropicanna Cookies x Slurricane has a clear blue tint that shows up even better when contrasted to the other three strains. But, this girl is so damn frosty, it wasn't even worth getting the contrasting pictures! :rofl:

Here are some close-up bud shots of theTCxS and I think you'll see the purple hues once you get over all the frost!

She smells nice & fruity - methinks this one will be a "keeper"! :yummy:

Happy Harvests!

K
:adore:

DAY #55 OF 12/12 - NICE FADE ON THE TCxS!

Day #55 of 12/12 and the Tropicanna Cookies x Slurrican is getting a real nice pre-harvest fade going so, before I post the bud close-ups, here are a few examples of the fade:

And, here's the "good stuff":

I'm planning on taking the TCxS down next weekend.

Happy Harvests!

K

Great pics Krip! The fade looks beautiful. Is that from the Purpinator kicking in you think? The Bluinator worked well earlier.
Nice looking sugar shack.
Thanks, Brother! Not sure what you're referring to with the "Bluinator". :hmmmm:
I can't attribute the purpling to the Purpinator, but I'm sure it didn't hurt. It only works on strains that are supposed to turn blue and since I don't have a control plant without it, there's no way for me to see the difference. None of the other "blue" strains have turned, yet, and usually it requires cold temps which I don't get here in the tropics, even in the winter.

DAY #57 OF 12/12 - SOME QUICK BUD SHOTS

Nothing new to report. The girls got watered earlier today. Except for the Dark Ghost Train which will run a little longer, the others will likely get one more watering on Thursday and then get harvested next week.

I've seen the Dark Ghost Train advertised as finishing very quick, like in less than 60 days, but I've seen other places saying it runs 65-80 days, which I think is more realistic based on where she is today.

Anyways, here are a few of today's bud pics:

Happy Harvests!

K

I'M IN TRIM JAIL & THEY LET ME MAKE ONE PHONE CALL!

I took down the Tropicanna Cookies x Slurricane and am in the middle....errrrr....about 1/3 of the way through trimming and needed a quick break. I didn't really get any pre-harvest pics but I'm taking some along the way I'll be posting later today.

There's got to be an easy 5 z's on this plant and, TBH, it's a relatively easy trim job compared to a lot of plants, but it's still a PITA. Also, it really wasn't visible on those top buds which are just covered in trichomes, but the lower buds show some real pink/purple pistils I hope come out good in the pics.

I was hoping to get the Platinum Cake harvested today, too, but that one may have to wait for tomorrow. :confused:

Happy Harvests!

K

TROPICANNA COOKIES x SLURRICANE HARVEST PICS

So, I'm in trim jail doing hard labor, finished the job and figured I'd get off on good behavior, and then got sentenced to hanging! :thedoubletake:

Here's the pile of colas I had to work with:

I was pretty surprised to see the lower buds actually have pink pistils:

Here's the pile of trimmed buds:

And, here they are washed and hanging in the tent. Most all of the colas on the right are in the 4" long range! :morenutes: :

And, here are a bunch of bud shots a took when the trimming was done:

I'm not gonna get to the Platinum Cake until later this weekend. I don't have much more room in the tent to hang buds the way I have it laid out so I'll likely bag these for a low & slow dry and have to rig some string to get some more room.

Happy Harvests!

K

Back
Top Bottom