4 Plants - 3 Strains - Promix HP - 600W MH/HPS

You come up with any ideas to keep the PH in the 5.8-6.2 range, please post asap. I flushed one of the plants and only raised the PH .2-.3. I find it tough to keep the PH where it needs to be. Thought having more control over the input and output of the plants would make it easier but I've found it really challenging to keep the PH equalized after nutrients have been introduced. Anyway great job and looking forward to your final product.

I've been using PH Down, the liquid kind, and it's been working for me. Some people bash it but it's pretty simple to use and I mean look at my plants... *shrug*. The PH Up probably works as well, the bottles are relatively cheap and last quite a while. I still haven't experimented with the dolomite lime, maybe next grow I will. I also have a funky feeding schedule. I feed every watering, tiny amounts, usually every 4-5 days. Haven't done straight water for months, minus the flush. I think this way keeps the ph more stable?

I've been feeding full strength every watering except the flush and I use the PH-
up. It does work, but the overflow says the PH is low around 5.2 5.3. The plants continue to look good so I ain't changing a thing.

Dang full strength huh? My plants would die lol. In case you were wondering I give them anything from 2-5mL of FF Grow Big/Tiger Bloom per watering, varies each time from what I think they need (guess that's my instincts lol)

Took a pic of the first frost ;)
20141216_121443_1_.jpg

Check out how nice my conditions are, I really have a lot of control atm
20141216_121629_1_.jpg

Took a pic of the first frost ;)
20141216_121443_1_.jpg

Check out how nice my conditions are, I really have a lot of control atm
20141216_121629_1_.jpg

i wish i could keep my grow space at good optimal range like u have .. that plant looks good and yourstill early in the budding !!!:thumb:

Well it's a sad day today. Woke up to an incredibly dried out Dark Star, was fine yesterday. The plant was stressed it's whole life so I was scared of a hermie happening and chopped her down. Luckily there are plenty of tric's on the trim so I'll be saving that for later. I don't know why she gave me such problems, I must have messed her up too early on. Here's a pic of the trim at least
20141219_135408_1_.jpg

Don't worry, this isn't the last you've seen of the Dark Star ;)
The other 3 plants are doing fine, Blue Kush has some pretty dense nugs already and the MKage's are rocking it

As for the other misc. stuff, I haven't seen any bugs yet, hooray! Temps and humidity aren't even a problem. Everything is going fine at this point, I'll be harvesting that Blue Kush before too long here. I still haven't figured out what the weird yellow dust is on its stem but it doesn't seem to be affecting anything. MKage's will take a bit longer but the yields look really promising so far. Strangely enough the MKage buds don't stink atm but that Blue Kush..... mmmmmmmm.

Just an update, I'll take some pictures tomorrow again. Blue Kush is yellowing a little and the pistils are mostly red now. Checked the trics with my 60X magnifier, still clear trichomes, maybe just a slight few cloudy, I'll be looking again tomorrow. Well I need to get my drying area set up! I have a large rectangular cardboard box I'll be laying on its side, hang the buds inside it and then use a clip on fan to blow from one end to the other. The box should be big enough to where the breeze isn't directly on the buds themselves.
Oh the MKage's are stinking now, jeeze I take them out of the tent for 1 minute and I still smell them out here an hour later lol. I'm pretty much watering every 3 days now, they dry out very fast. Still giving them tiny feedings each time, no straight water yet but I probably should. So yup I'll try to get pics of everything tomorrow

Ok here are some pics!
20141229_153725_1_.jpg
20141229_153746_1_.jpg
20141229_153817_1_.jpg
20141229_153831_1_.jpg

Unfortunately I had underwatered them the past few days so I had a lot of crinkled leaves, trimmed some of them off, now these MKage's are nothing but big bud sticks lol. The Blue Kush is more yellow today, gonna flush her asap. Here's some Blue Kush:
20141229_153942_1_.jpg
20141229_154015_1_.jpg

And here is some MKage:
20141229_153902_1_.jpg
20141229_153918_1_.jpg
20141229_153932_1_.jpg

And my current room conditions, probably too dry but can't do much else to change it:
20141229_154119_1_.jpg

Hey Mono, thanks for the tip on not using a fan to dry buds. I mean it's so dry here anyway it won't take long to dry regardless, humidity is at an ambient 16-24%. I am beginning to save the trim now since there are trics on them, I'm letting the trim dry out for a few days and popping it in the freezer until I process all the other trim.

Wow Stealth, looking awesome that is gonna be some tasty smoke. Hey man I don't know if you're already using one, but a reverse osmosis filter may help those ph problems, I've been using one and haven't tested ph or had any problems. Though, it honestly looks like you got it all under control.

Thanks Joey, those MKage's are great starter plants for anyone who is new to growing, they handled all the stress I did to them no problem. The Blue Kush and Dark Star are definitely more touchy. I had thought about the R/O machine months back but I at least wanted to see how tap water would work out, so far not too bad but the R/O would definitely be an improvement. It was also a money issue, I sank a lot of money into the start up costs but now I have equipment to work with for the next 3 years and all of it is under warranty :thumb:
As for a little update, the MKage's are gaining more weight, the branches are slowing leaning over. I really should have put in a cage or pole or something to support it but I never thought they would get as tall as they did. Next grow I'll be prepared. Blue Kush is chugging along, it will be done within a few weeks for sure. I finally gave each plant 1 watering with pure ph'ed water, didn't see any change in the plants really. So everything is peaceful at the moment, the tric's are still clear under my 60X loupe. Just chilling with the ladies ;)

I hear that stealth, no point having good water if you've got nothing to grow, an RO filter is something I picked up to enhance my grow. Tap water worked awesome once I compensated for the minerals in the water already. Now that I'm trying organics out I'm needing a way to get rid of chloramine for my microscopic herd hence the RO filter.

Sounds like our grows are around the same spot, as my blue hash should be getting ready to cut in a few weeks. If you're into easy growing strains I would recommend Dinafem's Blue Hash she has been simply amazing to grow. I'll look into those MKs sounds like a nice hardy strain.

Back
Top Bottom