1st Time Soil/Closet Grow

I think something hanging from above that you can open, during lights on, and close during lights off would be a simple fix. The higher humidity seems to be working wonders on your plants.

thank you for the input psyclops, as it being winter no one has any window fans so i have one on order. im just going to put a board across the top for a base for the fan, i was thinking about leaving that top piece of panda and when lights are out just seal it shut so its light proof, but was wondering for the 6hours or 12 hours of the exhaust fan being covered and turned off if it would make a big difference as far as not getting proper airflow.

Not IMO, the plant goes to sleep. The only thing I would do is put a small oscillating fan in side the flower area to keep a little air movement going. But other than that :goodjob:

Well today the lady's have not done much , i did however checked to see if they needed water and after 5days finally they are dry. gave them some nutes 1/2 strength of botanicare pro grow. nothing much else has happened although a former farm stopped by and by to drop off a goodie bag, not to blow my own horn :blunt:but i never pay for my stuff. he is getting me by until my harvest, here is a picture of some of his skunk #1 its is nice and smooth with a refreshing taste and with no after cough, everyone loves a good bud picture, i wish i could get a close up of those crystals. i really hate this camera need a better one if i want to get those close up pictures of the trichomes anyways here is the pictures
100_16171.JPG

Those are some fine looking nugs. Before you know it you will be growing the same. If you have a loupe. You can use that to take Macros. If not you will want to pick one up when you are able. RadioShack carries them. I can usually find them at FleaMarkets as well.

As your plant ages and gets bigger/older they will require much more. But your watering times seems about right to me.

So i thought i was over with problems for a while but i didnt knock on wood so guess what happened, lights came on went to check on them and found what i think is nutes burn, the two bottom fan leaves has brown spots and what look like bleach spots and they are curling up.it is only happening to the first one the biggest other then the bottom leaves it looks great it has even gotten taller over night. and the other two are really going no signs of the same thing that is happening to the bigger one. i watered them saturday so i might just flush them just in case. here are some pictures of what it looks like also pictures of the other girls
2011-12-19_15_30_39.jpg
2011-12-19_15_30_55.jpg
other then that leave issue the plants look really good
100_16314.JPG
100_16321.JPG
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/100_16332.JPG let me know what you think :Namaste:

That leaf "issue", my be the beginnings of a cal/mag deficiency. If you do not have any you will want some. MJ is a cal/mag pig. Could also be a leaf that had some nutrients splashed on them. Also you should note that it is normal for some leaf loss on the bottom of the plant. As the plant grows the bottom leaves will yellow and fall off. The rest of the pictures look great.

thank you once again psyclops im not sure how much cal/mag i have in the soil the only cal mag im aware of is whats in the botanicare witch is cal-1.0% and mg-0.5% as far as whats in the soil im not to clear on that its a pro mix soilless bag i got at the plant store their the ones that mixed it up so there was no label say what is in it but someone i know that has been growing for 15years says it is good stuff and has never had a problem with it but what i have been reading lately is that soilless soil has little or no mag at all .. if it is a cal/mag deficiency then how would i up it????

I use Botanicare Cal-mag. It is fairly inexpensive. Add about a half teaspoon per gallon of water during Veg., During flowering I increase to 1 teaspoon per gallon of water. Marijuanna is a Cali/Mag PIG. Another sign of needing more cali/mag is purple strips in the stems. If you do not have a local grow store check with a nursery, or priced nicely online.

Well its been a couple of days and they are getting bigger but still having issues with what i really think is a cal/mag deficiency. it has gotten worse and starting to happen to the other plants. i was going to pick up some cal/mag but as it being almost x-mas founds are tight and wont be able to pick it up tell the 30th. so as that said hopefully the biggest makes it until i can pick some up, or does anyone know how else to treat it, i read that 1/2tsp of Epson salt mix will the ph water will work for a cal/mag deficiency but im worried about salt build up. let me know your suggestions here is some pics .. the new leaves coming in look really health its just on the big fan leaves and working its way up.
100_16381.JPG
100_16402.JPG

Epsom should get you through until you can get some cal/mag. It takes a bit to build up. Also the larger the container the longer until "total alkalinity" becomes a problem.

Epsom should get you through until you can get some cal/mag. It takes a bit to build up. Also the larger the container the longer until "total alkalinity" becomes a problem.

thank you i will pick some up and try that they should be dry tomorrow but not sure as its taking a lil longer because this issue but glad to learn this all now plus they are free seeds better to learn off free seeds then pay for them. but i will try that and let you know how it gos:thanks:

time for a update... first thing is first computer broke so not been doing updates but back no so here we go. the lady's are looking good i was trying to decide what method i wanted to use as far as increasing my yield, and so i bent the biggest one about 2 weeks ago it was about a foot and again 4days ago. i started doing the same with the one of the other ones today. the first one has filled out real good the other 2 are doing good i would say about 2 more weeks and im going to throw them into flowering, as that said they are starting to smell. i would throw them into flowering but i have 2 haze's that i thought would not make it but are still growing so just giving them an extra 2 weeks . as far as odor go's i was thinking about making a ona gel bucket but not sure if this works good as a stand alone i only have 5 plants and they all might not be females and my room is only 4x4x8. i would buy a carbon filter but i do not have the right exhaust fan to get one nor do i have the founds to get the correct exhaust fan being $50 and the carbon filter $40 next time around i will have a carbon filter and all. i will be posting up pics up soon i also have moved them to the other side this will allow me to adjust the light higher, should have done this way first but you live and learn

The Ona bucket should do the trick. I would consider topping the largest stems as well. This will make the side branches take off and bush up nicely. I look forward to the pics.

well started the day having to return my eva-dry at a local grow store i charged it for 12hrs like it said but for the last 5 days my humidity has not done nothing but go up but that due to watering so i got a new one hopefully it brings it down r/h is about 60-65% and lights off its rises to 70% not good. but here are the update pictures...
here is the new set up i had to build more mylar panels that also brought up the humidity.
100_17404.JPG
Here is the 2 haze's they had alot of heat stress before i got them plus they came from 5yr old seeds the new leaves look good but still very small leave in the middle they are very small only 6in and they are a week younger then my others so i doubt i will get anything on these.
100_17413.JPG
here are the other 3 they are about 10-12in and have super cropped three times one the first plant and two times on the others im done bending the branches they all are going into flowering on the 13th
100_17393.JPG
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/100_17353.JPG
100_17365.JPG
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/100_17372.JPG next step is to build my ona bucket and put them into flowering

Thank you psyclops and ggrant for the info . psyclops i think your right about the fan it is one that i need to fix lol even on setting 1 it blows kinda hard i will use you advice and see if it helps.. and to ggrant ,so i have fed them only 1 dosage of pro grow, but they might be asking for some nutes but with the root bound and transplant was just going to play it safe and do one more plain ph watering but i might just go ahead and give them a nutes feeding. as far has the checking to see how dry they are or not i got this multi soil meter but i still i can still stick my finger about 1/2in and still feel a little dampness. and sorry i have not uploaded any before and after pictures my back has stopped me from doing much today but i will hopefully get done tonight or tomorrow :Namaste:

Some of your concerns may be attributed to the transplant, especially if root bound. This is why I do not do any transplanting and put seeds right into their full size pots. Many people like to start in smaller pots, especially if you have limited floor space and restricted lighting. Either way, plants do not like to be repotted and will typically give at least a 3 day lag. Also, remove any leaves that are not looking healthy so the plant can focus its energy on healthy leaves as well as new growth. Also, waiting to water until plants droop a bit is not a bad thing. When the soil is not too moist, it encourages root growth as the plant will be looking for H2O. Additionally, some people like topping the plants get two main growing shoots. Personally, I never top the plant, but rather, achieve a similar resul by bending the plantypos to a 45 degree angle. Strips of stockings work very well for this, extremely flexible and easy to control the bending. If you are using well water, the only reason to let it sit is to ensure that it's at the proper room temperature. I agree that they look a little nutrient deficient. Again, you know your soil. if it does not have long acting nutrients, then they are reliant upon you to provide them with what they need when you water. And once again, this can be due to the transplant. It will take a couple of days before the plant really begins to establish itself in the new soil. If the new soil does have nutrients in it, you will need to be careful of over feeding. Lastly, for now, they look like they could use some breathing room. After you sex them is a good opportunity to thin things out, but too much crowding doesn't make anyone happy.

Nothing like starting the day off with a chunk of og hash when you have a full day of projects. so not sure if anyone has tried of has a eva dry but i just got another one and its just not doing anything. i replaced my old temp/rh temp with a digital one reads temp/rh/high and low rh, and the eva flow still does not work so got a bucket of damprid and over night it went down from 60% to 50%. so i picked up 3 5gl buckets and a drill&drill bits, also picked up a quart of liquid karma. im using the pro grow along side liquid karma, i know they are lacking nutrients i have been only giving them pro grow this hole time as on a budget so i know im not going to be pulling a big amount off these lady's. i will be happy if i get a ounce all together, as i do not smoke much a gram can last me 4days. im also going to clean/wipe down the room to fight back any surface mold or anything that might be coming in as i found a lil mold on the window and in the bathroom on the other side of the wall, the 2 haze plants i had finally died. so today im going to set everything up and i will post pictures when im all done.:Namaste:

Ok well had a slight set back was going to throw them into 12/12 yesterday but starting today was not home to reset the timer my bad lol. just got home and just checked on them it looks like i have 2 females the last one as yet to show me. i did notice while i was gone the room temp went down to 59 and the humidity all the way down to 32% would that have any affect on them?? and here are the pictures after transplanting and cleaning up their room.
100_17432.JPG
100_17515.JPG
100_17504.JPG
100_17493.JPG
also i have noticed some discoloration in some of the leaves its of the first and bigger plant will post of that in a few:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom