1st Grow, Bagseed, CFL's..

lets keep our fingers crossed! Hopefully when i turn the lights back on tonight, there is more growth and I can tell what it is.

Hey bro, those babes look super healthy and I love the LST method you're using. I will try the LST next season myself.

Good luck, looks like you have it under control :nicethread:

alright guys, 5/6 plants are showing sex. I have two males, and three females thus far. I tried taking pics of them but they didn't really turn out too well. The plant 420fied just identified as a male is definitely a male, the flowers have started growing like crazy on it. Also bro, the first plant is showing longer hairs, and more of them, so it's definitely female.. Good call on that!

Kinda sad that one of the biggest plants is a male, but oh well. Out of the 2 runts, the symmetrical one with the thin leaves is a female. The smallest plant is the one that isn't showing sex yet, so i at least have 2 big females and a smaller one.

I think i will chop the one down tonight, or maybe tomorrow when the other one shows more definite balls.

I need to start naming them now that i have some ladies ;)

well, i decided i couldn't wait any longer and wanted to free up some room for the ladies. After a lot of inspecting, I confirmed both males and I chopped them, and while I was down there my furnace kicked on, and now my whole house smells like weed lol. So, I moved the plants around a little bit to make better use of the light, and tied down the biggest one a bit more, and watered the two bigger ones.

Now it's time to sit back and watch the buds grow :bong:

So this morning when i went down, the unidentified plant is starting to look like it will turn male. Honestly, I hope it does as it is the smallest of them all and even though i tied it down a lot, it hasn't started bushing out at all, its just a stem with a few small nodes branching off. I can't see many possible bud sites forming on it. i guess its probably just the strain though.

The other ladies are doing well, I watered the two biggest ones last night as they were kind of dry.

When i chopped the dudes last night, I made sure i uprooted them also and examined the roots for any rot or anything, and they all looked great. They were very strong.

Everyone says horrible things about MG products, but I can definitely vouch for the MG organic choice soil without time release nutes. The plants have had nothing but purified water since seed, and only transplanted once and all 6 have grown beautifully.

I'm gonna hit up the hydro store today on my lunch break and get some tiger bloom. feeding will start with the next water, which should be in about 3 days.

Thanks to all who have checked out my journal and helped out along the way. I couldn't have gotten this far without this place!

Only a couple months and you'll have lots of bud. If you end up having 2 plants I'm guessing a 3 oz yield. Yum
I would rep but I have to spread.
well there's already 3 confirmed females, and i think the last is going to be male, so 3 females will keep me going for a while.

I'm going to start germing some more seeds in the next couple of days and get them ready to go into flower about the time this grow is harvested.

Please take a pic of the three confirmed females together. I noticed that you had 2 separate strains or at the very least phenos in your earlier group shot. Most of your plants show Indica dominant characteristics but I saw one Sativa dom plant in there. I was just wondering if it turned out to be a M or F.

Great journal.

Please take a pic of the three confirmed females together. I noticed that you had 2 separate strains or at the very least phenos in your earlier group shot. Most of your plants show Indica dominant characteristics but I saw one Sativa dom plant in there. I was just wondering if it turned out to be a M or F.

Great journal.

I will take some shots of them tonight. I can't tell the difference between indica and sativa with my plants. All the seeds are from mixed bags, so I have no idea what is what, it kind of adds to the fun.

Anyway, in the meantime, here is one of my most recent group shots, and I labeled which were male / female / unsure.

group-sex.jpg

I'll throw a new group shot of them up tonight.. Hopefully the plant in question shows more balls today so I can just get it out of there.

It's crazy that I'm probably going to get a 50% female / male ratio, and the same sex plants grouped together. Is this the normal way the plants develop or just coincidence?

IMO out of the females it looks like you have 1 indica, 2 sativa. this will be fun ;) What do you think 420fied?

Well the little girl that's middle/right is the Sativa that I was referring to.

Back/right is def Indica dominant...

I'll need a better overhead shot to make a determination on the back/left but it looks to Indica dominant to me as well.....or maybe a hybrid.

We'll be able to tell better once he posts an overhead shot of the 3.

yeah I'm following you now, the middle right is one of my favorite plants. It hasn't done much growing, but every aspect of it has grown symmetrically. I'm glad its a lady, hopefully i get a decent amount from her. The other plants all look pretty similar so I would say they're Indica dominant.

So, the thinner more spaced apart leaves indicate a Sativa dominant strain? I've read a decent amount of information on the differences between them, but I couldn't really tell for myself, mainly because the plants are still fairly small.

Thanks guys, this clears it up

yeah I'm following you now, the middle right is one of my favorite plants. It hasn't done much growing, but every aspect of it has grown symmetrically. I'm glad its a lady, hopefully i get a decent amount from her. The other plants all look pretty similar so I would say they're Indica dominant.

So, the thinner more spaced apart leaves indicate a Sativa dominant strain? I've read a decent amount of information on the differences between them, but I couldn't really tell for myself, mainly because the plants are still fairly small.

Thanks guys, this clears it up

That is correct. The fingers on the Sativa leaf will be much skinnier than the Indica.

Back
Top Bottom