People Of Earth - Please Help Identify My Problem

Qanzilla

Hey y'all!
I'm asking for some insight here. I'm lost!

What Strain is it?: Blueberry and Pineapple express
Indica dominant hybrids
How Many Plants?: 2
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?: Flower
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?: 5 weeks
Indoor or Outdoor?: Indoor
Soil or Hydro?: Soil

If Soil... What is in your Mix?: 75% Pro Mix ultimate Organic soil, 25% Perlite
If Soil... What Size Pot?: 5 gallon Plant warrior pots
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?: 1x 1000watt Super HPS Hortilux
Is it Air Cooled?: Yes and well ventilated
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?: 69-75F
RH of Room/Cabinet?: 20-30%
PH of Medium or Reservoir?: 6.7 as of now
Any Pests?: very few fungus gnats
How Often are you Watering?: As needed, about once every 3-4 days
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?: Fox Farm, full line, was full strength until these signs of distress started

Size or Square Footage of Room?: 3'x3'x7' Secret Jardin Tent

It is worth mentioning that I did try to flush these plants about a week ago. They showed slight improvement, then got worse.. I then tried adding 1/3 strength Big Bloom to them. Now they are getting very bad and more leaves are dying every day! The other plants are doing just fine, and they are all either Pineapple Express or Blueberry.. all fed same nutes, same schedule. The problem is with these 2 plants only.

Here's the pics!
DSC025546.JPG
DSC025535.JPG
DSC025505.JPG
DSC0254810.JPG
DSC025497.JPG

What's startling, is this kind of damage is happening overnight. I've been plucking the bad leaves off every day so I can track the recovery process. So, last night these leaves were looking fine. Yikes!!

By comparison, Here's a different plant, Pineapple Express, same tent, same age, same nutes, same EVERYTHING:

DSC025618.JPG
DSC025606.JPG
DSC025595.JPG
DSC025584.JPG

I'm wondering if I should be flushing again or if there's a specific nute I should be giving it. ANY input is seriously appreciated... Thanks guys!!

Re: People of earth: Please help identify the problem

What was the soil pH before the flush? I'm wondering about a possible nutrient lockout. You may have multiple things going on here as well. The fungus gnat larvae could be feeding on your roots causing additional issues.

Here are a few links that may be helpful:

pH and Nutrient Uptake Chart
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/pH_chart7.jpg

Deficiency and Abundance of Fertilization Elements
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/leavedeficiencies22.jpg

Cannabis Plant Pest Problem Solver Pictorial
Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Before the last flush the PH was too high.. Around 7.2. Also, the first flush, upon entering flowering stage was with Fox Farm's Sledgehammer. Within a few days the leaves started doing this. So after a week I flushed with PH 6.5 water that I let sit for 24 hours.

I checked the problem solver pictorial post, which is one of my favorites. My plants very closely resemble the phosphorus deficiency during flowering pic.. The post recommends Fox farm Big Bloom, which I gave last week. However, the soil has remained wet ever since the second flush, and I am hesitant to do anything until it dries out again. As far as fungus gnats, I have only seen 3 or 4 of them. But I know they are coming from somewhere! I inspect these plants every day but have yet to find them in any soil. Thanks for the response! Just FYI the first 2 links in your post are broken!

I don't know the answer to your issue, but I get the same problem quite often in my gardens to and haven't come up with a solution. At first I thought it was low N so I added it, didn't help, then thought it was P on a different grow, added it, didn't help. Ive basically come to 3 conclusions...So take this with a grain of salt because I don't know if its right or wrong but its the only things I have yet to monitor and see.

The 3 causes that I think might be possible: (these are just guesses, though, I have not found a solution yet)

Cause possibility 1
Either too much watering: soil is too saturated with water and not enough air in the soil... caused by feeding too frequently or too much volume too frequently. ... This one I think it may be likely, but...

Cause possibility 2
Overfeeding and as a result too much salt in the soil: too high of a soil EC. This typically will stop your plant from uptaking water, and actually can pull water out of the plant and dehydrate it. (not so sure on this one because when my issue happens, I usually am doing lighter than normal doses about every 2-3 feedings... )

Cause possibility 3:
Too much calcium in the soil is bonding with available phosphorous and making it unavailable to the plant. ??? not sure but another guess I had since I loaded my soil with lots of calcium.

I really don't know the answer, but I often have the same issue and would love to hear what other's have to suggest as well.

Cause possibility 1
Either too much watering: soil is too saturated with water and not enough air in the soil... caused by feeding too frequently or too much volume too frequently. ... This one I think it may be likely, but...

Cause possibility 2
Overfeeding and as a result too much salt in the soil: too high of a soil EC. This typically will stop your plant from uptaking water, and actually can pull water out of the plant and dehydrate it. (not so sure on this one because when my issue happens, I usually am doing lighter than normal doses about every 2-3 feedings... )

I'm almost positive it's one of these... My soil has been wet for so long. The plant that looks good is the only one that dried. I think when I first flushed, with the Sledgehamer, and first noticed my problems, the second flush came too soon, then adding nutes when the soil was still wet probably didn't help... I believe I made the 2 most common rookie mistakes: Over feeding and over watering..

The affected plants have pitiful looking buds now, tiny and turning brown, and I hope I can recover from this, although it's probably too late!
I'll see how they look today with the lights go on.

Back
Top Bottom