Your opinion needed: setting up aero tent in dedicated room 9 1/2' x 11 1/2' x 6 1/2'

Android

I have a successfully running aero SOG setup running in the other (small) room - see my sig for current journal already. So I am not planning on changing much, since the way I am doing this- I know it already works and will continue to work.
And now I need to come up with a tent for use in the spare bedroom which I could easily take apart and store in my garage if I know ahead of time some family is coming for an extended visit. It must be built on some kind of huge drip tray (maybe a huge tray for mixing up concrete would work. - This is needed to protect the carpeting.
Don't worry about ventilation at this time - I will hook it up to the HVAC with my custom made whole house carbon filtration.
It must have some kind of frame sturdy enough to accommodate a hanging vented 1000W housing or two on a light mover rail.
Because of the requirement for a quick turnaround I am thinking to remain SOG with very little or no veg time, short distance between plants to remain within two month limit (from clone to dried product)

I will start working on a sketch - coming up soon

Re: Your opinion needed: setting up aero tent in dedicated room 9 1/2' x 11 1/2' x 6

My 10'x6' tent is in the mail.
Here are the plans:

Capture110.JPG

Capture26.JPG

Re: Your opinion needed: setting up aero tent in dedicated room 9 1/2' x 11 1/2' x 6

How much wattage should I go with? 2x600?
Or should I rather invest in a light mover and go with one 1000W?
(edit: just found the 6' mover for $80 locally and thinking to go with just one 600 W in an open fixture hanging from a moving rail)
But one 600W IMO should be enough for SOG 4x6', ain't that right? It is for SOG, so not much leaf penetration is needed really. I consider AC and 2+KW of lights to be a huge overkill for SOG situation
Remember - there is no AC, just air-cooled lights, and I am already running one 600W bulb in a different room, so I don't want to go overboard with the lights for the tent, or I my meter will be spinning like crazy

So what do you think - one light on a rail or two stationary lights? And how many watts? Does the moving rail make much noise, by the way? Our bedroom is right above the room with the tent

Hey Android,
How many watts does the mover consume? I'd say if the mover isn't a HOG go with it and one light. That's just my 2 cents and I'm a newbie so keep seeing what the seasoned growers advise. Great luck with whichever way you go

Ended up getting a 6' rail mover and 600W HPS with vented hood and 6" centrifugal fan rated at 400cfm. Time to raid the plumbing department

Back
Top Bottom