Wtf is this? No one has gotten right yet

So this ?? Has appeared on the stock of my plants. I’ve seen it a few times. No bugs in soil. No aphids or flying bugs. Literally no bugs at all but this thing. Comes in different shade ranging from cream to
Gold. Leaves look clean to the eye and with microscope. But no one at any grow stores I’ve been to know what it is. 2 different rounds have had it but not all plants. It’s random.

Any advice I’d appreciate your help.

Is it Liquid ? could it be GUTTATION ?

Picture found on GOOGLE

1569028677537.png

I really wish I knew. I've had it showing up for the last couple of years, same as you reported absolutely random. Plants never seem affected by it. Mine look more donut or bagel shaped but yes they have that hollow spot, almost like a bubble popped.

Its not a liquid upon discovery but appears to have been at some point. I've considered the guttation possibility but most mentions of it are on bud or leaf structures not the petiole. At this time it's the best thought I have but I'm not sure it's correct.

Probably a stupid question but do you spray with anything that could be drying ?
the center hole kinda makes me think it was a bubble that popped kinda thing.

Does it appear over night like Manna

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

manna from heaven. An unexpected benefit or assistance, especially when it comes at the time when it is needed most. The phrase is a reference to the Biblical story of the food that God miraculously provided to the Israelites as they wandered in the wilderness.

Sorry could not resist :peace:

I really wish I knew. I've had it showing up for the last couple of years, same as you reported absolutely random. Plants never seem affected by it. Mine look more donut or bagel shaped but yes they have that hollow spot, almost like a bubble popped.

Its not a liquid upon discovery but appears to have been at some point. I've considered the guttation possibility but most mentions of it are on bud or leaf structures not the petiole. At this time it's the best thought I have but I'm not sure it's correct.
At least I’m not alone! Ya mine aren’t on bud only stems. I used killer stuff once and it didn’t do a thing. My plants are also very healthy in appearance. The shell is hard on it not like soft molasses or something. Mine too also look like donuts, bagels.... anyone else know anything? Just curious.

Thanks for chatting
Momma

Probably a stupid question but do you spray with anything that could be drying ?
the center hole kinda makes me think it was a bubble that popped kinda thing.

Does it appear over night like Manna

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

manna from heaven. An unexpected benefit or assistance, especially when it comes at the time when it is needed most. The phrase is a reference to the Biblical story of the food that God miraculously provided to the Israelites as they wandered in the wilderness.

Sorry could not resist :peace:

Haha Manna.... maybe??

Someone once said it was an egg of some sort with the shell being made of protein that’s why it’s hard. However there really are no bugs

Why wouldn’t it just be a benign mutation of some sort? Maybe a characteristic of particular strains? It looks like it’s growing out of (as oppose to attaching to) the plant. It kinda looks like a node that wants to form, but is in the wrong spot or lacks the necessary material.

Looks more like SAP than anything else

Plant sap, or just sap, is fluid transported in xylem tubes or phloem cells of a plant. Xylem cells transport water and inorganic nutrients through the plant; phloem cells transport sugary fluids and other biological molecules. Latex or resin is not plant sap.

is that a thing with Cannabis ?

1569434638965.png

Leafhoppers feeding on sap, attended by ants

If it is sap, what's causing the initial puncture to allow it to sleep out? Why wouldn't it continue if you removed the "plug" of hardened sap the way a tree or shrub will?

Mine don't look quite like that, mine also don't appear on the stems, only on leaf petioles.

If it is sap, what's causing the initial puncture to allow it to sleep out? Why wouldn't it continue if you removed the "plug" of hardened sap the way a tree or shrub will?

Mine don't look quite like that, mine also don't appear on the stems, only on leaf petioles.

OK probably not then, Its not happening on my girls so just looking and guessing
I have no idea how it responds when removed or if its sweet or bitter, soft or hard.

Why wouldn’t it just be a benign mutation of some sort? Maybe a characteristic of particular strains? It looks like it’s growing out of (as oppose to attaching to) the plant. It kinda looks like a node that wants to form, but is in the wrong spot or lacks the necessary material.

Ya Its hard and shinny. No puncture, no hole or mark when removed. So frustrating!!!

Back
Top Bottom