Wild Goose Chase?

OneEyedWilly

420 Member
I know this is just wishful thinking, but I have a DWC hydroponic system and was wondering if anyone has heard of a sensor that could be submerged FULLTIME that will give a continuous pH and PPM reading out to a display, or wifi (even better)?

Thanks for your reply BeccaBuds, but I believe the meters at BlueLabs are nothing more than highly precise & expensive "single function" meters and not meant for continuous use.

I was looking for something more along the lines to disprove the following:

Screenshot 2024-07-29 213137.jpg

I'm hoping one day that they will invent "something" that can withstand being submerged in nutrient water continuously.

I've been using an Hanna HI-9813-6 for several years, never had a problem.

Clearly you didn't visit Blue Labs website. They offer a full line of single and multi-function meters for agricultural use.

Thanks for your reply BeccaBuds, but I believe the meters at BlueLabs are nothing more than highly precise & expensive "single function" meters and not meant for continuous use.

I was looking for something more along the lines to disprove the following:

Screenshot 2024-07-29 213137.jpg

I'm hoping one day that they will invent "something" that can withstand being submerged in nutrient water continuously.
Bluelab manufactures and sells different lines of instruments. You can buy a pH meter and an EC meter that are used by dipping the probe in the solution. They're sold separately or both of them come in the "Grower's Toolkit".

They also offer meters with sensors that reside in the reservoir and give a constant readout of values. I've been using a "MONGUA" since I started growing, back in 2021. The MONGUA (that's the SKU name - I don't know what the name of the product) delivers real time read out of temperature, pH, and EC.

In addition sensors, Bluelab makes dosers. I added their pH doser to my tent for my last grow because it's one less thing for me to have to do. In addition to pH dosers, you can get dosers that for nutrients and pH. I think their top of the line product handles four different chemicals though I can't be sure since it's been about a year since I checked.

They introduced a new line of products that connect via WiFi and, to me, that's worth the extra $$. I have a webcam that's aimed at the MONGUA and the doser but having the instruments available over WiFi streamlines the process.

Their website is quite informative and I've found their tech support to be very quick to respond and very helpful.

My fault...You are correct...I did NOT look at the Bluelab website...I looked at the HI-9816-61 product and misstated BL when I meant Hanna. I saw that the HI-9813-61 is not meant for continuous monitoring, and missed going back to look at the Bluelab website that does have a monitor that can be kept submerged continuously in the nutrient reservoir.

Thanks for your assistance in helping me find the Bluelab monitor.

I know this is just wishful thinking, but I have a DWC hydroponic system and was wondering if anyone has heard of a sensor that could be submerged FULLTIME that will give a continuous pH and PPM reading out to a display, or wifi (even better)?
they make them, they are like 460.00 though, search for an PH, EC, TDS meter, you will find what you are looking for, I don't want to tell you what you should spend your money on, I am new here an not wanting to risk solicitation or something. I hope that this helps, there are many options for you to choose from, and there are models that have probes which stay submersed the entire time, you just clean them every so often, calibrate, I don't know if they for sure have any that you can hook up to wifi however I do know of operations where the grower uses a wireless camera, the information can be seen that way. I hope that you are having an awesome day friend, I am here for you if you ever want to talk

Back
Top Bottom