White bud - Plants feel dry

pete2

As you can see in the pic that I have one white bud. Never seen one before.
Also my plants feel kinda dry. not sure anything is wrong. They are about 3 weeks before harvest.
Appreciate any and all comments. Thanks :thumb::thumb::thumb:
highland_007.JPG
highland_006.JPG
today_0112.JPG

Looks like some light burn.. probably a deficiency of some sort too. I gotta say I have not seen anything quite like that IME.

How close and what kind of light?

I'd have to research the deficiency list a little more to go deeper. Should be some well versed in the art people along shortly.

*found your journal. I'm still thinking some burn.. but my hyrdo skills are poor so I'd definitely wait for more input.

Good vibes to you!

Yowza. That's some kind of light/nutrient burn for sure.

PPM? Temps? How close is your light/What kind of light?

I'm with eg. Looks like a burn but not being a hydro guy, I'm not sure what to suggest about nutrients.
If it is only the very top and you haven't changed its feeding, I'm going with, too close to the light(s).

I'm with eg. Looks like a burn but not being a hydro guy, I'm not sure what to suggest about nutrients.
If it is only the very top and you haven't changed its feeding, I'm going with, too close to the light(s).

Thanks for the post. I did lower the nutes from 1600 ppm to 1200. Not so sure about light burn. The white bud is some what lower than some of the other branches, and they look ok. The plant don't look sick, but it does feel and sound like it's a little dry. Thanks for the help, and if you think of anything please let me know.
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I have 2, 400 watt HPS lamps. I'm thinking one light for every two plants .
I lowered the nute level from 1600 PPMs to 1200. Yellowing leaves is why I lowered it.
It's been getting colder, so I've been trying to keep it around 80 best I can
If it is nute burn, why isn't the rest of the plant acting the same way?
Thanks for posting to me. If you think of anything else or need more info please let me know.
P.S all of the plants feel and sound a little dry. Not sure about that

Thanks for posting. Not sure what IME stands for. I have 2, 400 watt HPS lights. I'm figuring 2 plants per light. Over the plant in question, the light is about 12 inches. Right next to it is another 2 plants that are far more taller. I have the light up as far as I can get it. One plant is about 12 to 14 inches away. The tallest one I have goes just above the bottom of the light. [ Still learning control ]
Thanks again, think of something else let me know

Pete, I use to keep my 400w HPS about 20-24" away from canopy...but it sounds like you have height issues, so I understand that issue as well.

EC 3.2 / 1600 ppm is busting the envelope on most strains, the max I run anything in hydro is EC 2.2 / 1100 ppm and that's slowly building up to those numbers, I usually try to maintain EC 1.6 / 800 ppm in full on flower, and from about the 5th-6th week I'm already giving less EC/ ppm so they can use up reserves and flush out clean.

With only 3 weeks left in flower, I would only be feeding them EC 1.6 / 800ppm and next feeding less like EC 1.2 / 600PPM and then start looking to begin your flush for harvest if the trich's are telling you they are ready.:)

Pete, I use to keep my 400w HPS about 20-24" away from canopy...but it sounds like you have height issues, so I understand that issue as well.

EC 3.2 / 1600 ppm is busting the envelope on most strains, the max I run anything in hydro is EC 2.2 / 1100 ppm and that's slowly building up to those numbers, I usually try to maintain EC 1.6 / 800 ppm in full on flower, and from about the 5th-6th week I'm already giving less EC/ ppm so they can use up reserves and flush out clean.

With only 3 weeks left in flower, I would only be feeding them EC 1.6 / 800ppm and next feeding less like EC 1.2 / 600PPM and then start looking to begin your flush for harvest if the trich's are telling you they are ready.:)

Thanks for posting to me. I was thinking that I was giving them to much food as well, The reason I am going to lower the food is nute burn.
But what you posted makes sense to me to. This is my first grow. Got one more question for you, When you say " Begin your flush for harvest ". I have heard of this, but thought it applied to soil growing only. Maybe you could shead some light on this for me. Thanks :thumb::thumb::thumb:

That's light bleaching, look it up. Happens a lot with led lights too close to the plant. Generally harmless but stunts growth around the area of the plant where it shows up.

Back
Top Bottom