When to transplant from jiffy's to pots?

Phillybonker

I currently have ten seedlings in jiffy's in a propagator but these seedlings will only be in jiffy's for 3 day before I go on a road trip. By the time I get back the seedlings would have been in jiffy's for 7 days.

My question is, should I transfer the seedling into pots before I go on my roadie, this will mean the seedlings will only have spent 3 day in jiffy's/propagator, or do I transfer the seedlings into pots when I get home?

I currently have ten seedlings in jiffy's in a propagator but these seedlings will only be in jiffy's for 3 day before I go on a road trip. By the time I get back the seedlings would have been in jiffy's for 7 days.

My question is, should I transfer the seedling into pots before I go on my roadie, this will mean the seedlings will only have spent 3 day in jiffy's/propagator, or do I transfer the seedlings into pots when I get home?
I wouldn't leave sprouts in Jiffies for 7 days, I'd plop them in a small pot of coco or w/e to retain moisture and prevent hindering the roots

you can let them grow for 3 weeks if you want - no problem-- they do establish a good root system, then when transplanting them "up-plant them" leaving 1/2 inch of transplanted plant above your potted soil in final container OH was talking about solow cup Yes would transplant them before you go - if they have some roots will there be enough next time get these plugs for germination (OrganiPlugs by Venture Plant Science the are ph balanced/ have benifical fungi & nutrients - have ad 1--% germination) water to keep them OK

when transplanting them "up-plant them" leaving 1/2 inch of transplanted plant above your potted soil in final container

Why leave 1/2 inch of transplanted plant above the potting soil?

OH was talking about solow cup Yes would transplant them before you go - if they have some roots will there be enough next time get these plugs for germination (OrganiPlugs by Venture Plant Science the are ph balanced/ have benifical fungi & nutrients - have ad 1--% germination) water to keep them OK
I will get those OrganiPlugs by Venture Plant Science next time, Thanks.

How long would you leave sprouts in jiffy's for?
Once they sprout, I reckon on the tap root being same length as growth above ground
That only gives you a couple inches, so day 3 latest works for me
Once it's up, let it go

Why leave 1/2 inch of transplanted plant above the potting soil?

I will get those OrganiPlugs by Venture Plant Science next time, Thanks.
I think he means leave only 1/2" of plant/stem above soil, not the other way round

I put them in jiffy's so I can fit them into my small propagators to keep temps up for the first few days. Then I'll put them in bigger pots.
With or without the jiffy?

I've never used them....

I've never used them either, this is my first time. I'm going to put them in with the jiffy's but I'll lightly rip the bottom and sides of the jiffy's so the roots can get out quicker.
I use pellets and fibre pots all the time - just bung 'em in a bigger pot, all that stuff disintegrates anyway

Back
Top Bottom