What's this girl gonna do?

Makeminefullgrown

Hello….last week a friend gave me a nice plant, which he grew from seed indoors. I was planning on letting it veg outside until my current indoor run is finished, then move it into the indoor space and flip it to flower. My indoor space should open up in roughly 2 weeks.
But there’s one small problem……my friend already flipped it to flower (to ID the sex) aboit 2 weeks ago and it looks like it’s past the pre flower stage.
So, I’m wondering if I simply leave it outside for the next 2 weeks, what’s it gonna do??? Here in SW Va, I don’t think there is nearly enough dark hours to promote flowering.
I really don’t want it to flower right now but I also don’t want it to be screwed up from the light changes and cause it to hermi.
I guess I’m hoping that it may just pause for the 2 weeks and then start flowering again once it’s inside and under 12/12.
Im guessing the current dark cycle outside is between 9 and 10yrs.
Anyway, let me know what u think the plant is gonna do and/or if U have any advice.
pic was this morn

IMG_8402.jpeg

Hello….last week a friend gave me a nice plant, which he grew from seed indoors. I was planning on letting it veg outside until my current indoor run is finished, then move it into the indoor space and flip it to flower. My indoor space should open up in roughly 2 weeks.
But there’s one small problem……my friend already flipped it to flower (to ID the sex) aboit 2 weeks ago and it looks like it’s past the pre flower stage.
So, I’m wondering if I simply leave it outside for the next 2 weeks, what’s it gonna do??? Here in SW Va, I don’t think there is nearly enough dark hours to promote flowering.
I really don’t want it to flower right now but I also don’t want it to be screwed up from the light changes and cause it to hermi.
I guess I’m hoping that it may just pause for the 2 weeks and then start flowering again once it’s inside and under 12/12.
Anyway, let me know what u think the plant is gonna do and/or if U have any advice.
pic was this morn

IMG_8402.jpeg
Surely it'll just reveg - I'd take the tips off
Mind you, I've never done a 10yr dark period lol

Oh snap…..I meant 10 hours.
So if it begins to grow some weird single bladed leaves, you would take those off before flipping to 12/12??

Are you going to put it back inside to flower or let it go outside?

My bad just read your post.. With a reveg you want to give it at least 30 days before you flip back to flower. Remove the buds that have already begun forming and keep the extra stems to a minimum. Once it starts reverting it’s going to grow from crazy places so keep an eye out for that

Oh snap…..I meant 10 hours.
So if it begins to grow some weird single bladed leaves, you would take those off before flipping to 12/12??
It's gonna do the weird leaf thing whatever; I mean I would clip the tips off the branches like topiary so when it starts to grow/flower, there are more bud sites

Here’s a few shots of a recent reveg. You can see there’s crazy mutated growth and new growth coming in crazy abnormal places.

This is because you basically made your plant go through all of puberty then reverted it back to pre puberty. The hormones were already kicking so now it’s confused. Give it enough time to begin growing normal vegetation again and you’ll be ready to rock.

IMG_8706.jpeg

IMG_8707.jpeg

IMG_8708.jpeg

IMG_8709.jpeg

IMG_8710.jpeg

pic was this morn

IMG_8402.jpeg
Any chance you can build a frame around it and cover it with a tarp thick enough to block the light?
You'd have to make sure to remove it to maintain airflow when it gets dark, but you'd also have the choice of bringing it in when your tent is clear, or covering it in the evening until the hours of dark are low enough to maintain flowering.

Back
Top Bottom