What light should I upgrade to?

sbga420

Got my medical authorization and getting ready to finish up my first trial run grow with CFL's. I'm using approx. 500 watts worth of CFL 23 & 42 watt bulbs. I think I need to upgrade to something better next go around, which probably won't be still this fall due to heat. I want something that's going to run cooooool and be safe so I don't burn down. Right now I'm using 2x 4 inch duct fans for exhaust , putting a black-out curtain over the closet to cover leaks, but I have to open the closet every time the lights come on to combat heat from the CFL's. Then I have to cover them back up when the lights go out. Can be a real pain sometimes because I HAVE to be home when the lights come on or they could burn or worse .
I'm thinking of upgrading to a REAL grow light, but I'm worried about heat. Would it be better to run autoflowering plants, that way I can keep the closet door open 24/7 for ventilation? How much would a good HPS and EXHAUST system for that closet run? I'm trying to be CHEAP but safe as possible here. Thanks guys

20160604_034202.jpg
20160604_034216.jpg

Back
Top Bottom