What is the best light for my clones?

Dakota Blue

420 Member
im new at this, can someone please tell me if i should use just straight blue lights or a fluorescent light on my clones this pic is 5 days clones have been in the dome i have already trimmed off large bottom leaves.
20200915_092734.jpg
? thank you

Hi Dakota blue ... Welcome to 420 forums .... Are you revegging those clone in the picture because they are already in a bloom stage. If so just adjust your light schedule to 18hr on 6hr off and they will start growing again... If your going to bloom them out just keep on 12/12 light schedule, both light cycles can be done under a T5 ho light, With clones you don't want to saturate them with too much light at the beginning until they establish roots so even a few cfl bulbed lights over them is good till rooting. :)

:welcome:

This thread has been moved to Grow Lighting.

We work hard to make 420 Magazine as navigable as possible for members and guests so that information can be easily found. We also want to ensure that your own thread receives the most appropriate responses, views or support.

:Namaste:

Hi Dakota blue ... Welcome to 420 forums .... Are you revegging those clone in the picture because they are already in a bloom stage. If so just adjust your light schedule to 18hr on 6hr off and they will start growing again... If your going to bloom them out just keep on 12/12 light schedule, both light cycles can be done under a T5 ho light, With clones you don't want to saturate them with too much light at the beginning until they establish roots so even a few cfl bulbed lights over them is good till rooting. :)

Hi Herby P, Thank you so much for your answers they are very helpful, yes i will be revegging clones, so you don't recommend a blue light for roots on the clones? also im using the root riot cubes its been 4 days now, i notice they are trying out fast even after i mist them with clonex mist, and sometimes a little spray of water, i took them off the heating pad yesterday and just now notices they were very dry, should i just keep spraying them with water i also spray a little inside the dome, just not sure why they are drying so quickly. thank you for your help.

Hi... Ya blue light on rooted clones not on unrooted clones you want weak lights for weak plants that are trying to root ....The heating mat if left on for too long or too high will cause them to dry out. When cloning using a dome I have never used a heating mat and I have good success rate without it, Just make sure the clones stay moist and the heat from the grow light on top the dome should make enough warm humidity inside so no need for a heating mat. You want the humidity up not temperature inside the dome.

thank you so much i had a feeling the matt wasn't good, and online they said to use a blue light for rooting clones, for the mother when seeds germinated i used a LED 13watt, with 950 Lumens and 2700 K, for starting the plant, then moved it outside for the sun and its now 57" high, so what im asking is the LED light i just describe, will that be ok for the clones? and should i use 2 they are large round and look like flood lights? Thank you

thank you so much i had a feeling the matt wasn't good, and online they said to use a blue light for rooting clones, for the mother when seeds germinated i used a LED 13watt, with 950 Lumens and 2700 K, for starting the plant, then moved it outside for the sun and its now 57" high, so what im asking is the LED light i just describe, will that be ok for the clones? and should i use 2 they are large round and look like flood lights? Thank you
Yup that 13watt led should be fine for the clones :)

Back
Top Bottom