What can I do to help this situation?

Makeminefullgrown

Hello, I’ve ran this topic up the flagpole before, but have yet to find a suitable solution.
So I’m growing 2 plants in a 2’x6’ space…..running 2 different HLG LEDs, a 320W and a 150W.
I have a 4” exhaust that’s adjustable venting directly outside.
Growing in KokoBop amended with various dry organics. I’ve had pretty good success and usually pull 16-18oz from a run.
Right now it’s HOT outside….temps in the upper 90s and supposed to remain that way for the next 10days or so.
My space is a closet in a small guest cottage that serves as my office. Total space is about 14’x16’ and the only cooling is a window unit AC.
When the temps are really high the AC will only bring the room temps down to 75-77F during the hottest 3-4 hrs of the day. This means the temps in the grow closet can reach 80F or higher easily. The airflow in the closet seems good…,,I’m running a small fan at the base of the plants below the canopy and a larger one blowing across the top of the canopy.
The grow is in week 9 of flower and they look to have another week at least, likely 2. I’m trying to keep my RH below 50%.
My issue is for some reason my leaf surface temps (lst) is higher than the air temps. At this moment the lst is around 82f and the air temp is 79f.
Based on my understanding of the subject, under LEDs, the lst should always be slightly lower than air temps. Based on the VPD chart my plants are over transpiring big time.
I’ve lowered the light intensity. I was hoping this would help lower air temps as well. I usually cut temps back during later flower but I’m handcuffed with my current setup coupled with record highs outside.
I guess I’m wanting to know why the lst is now higher than air temps??? And what, if anything, I can do to regulate things back to a recent VPD??
I’m hesitant to raise the RH a lot, but did increase it to 50% in hopes of slowing down the transpiration.
I can also open the closet door but that makes it warmer in the lung space…..and the poor AC unit is working overtime as is.
I’m afraid I’m losing yield and terps with things out of whack. The buds are nice and frosty but seem a little dry compared to my other grows where I’m not battling record high temps.
Pics are from this morn. Plant on the left is Fruity Pebbles OG, right is Grandi Guava.
Luckily they both look like they can harvested in the same window.
Lemme hear what u guys/gals think on this one…….and any input is greatly appreciated.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Hello, I’ve ran this topic up the flagpole before, but have yet to find a suitable solution.
So I’m growing 2 plants in a 2’x6’ space…..running 2 different HLG LEDs, a 320W and a 150W.
Growing in KokoBop amended with various dry organics. I’ve had pretty good success and usually pull 16-18oz from a run.
Right now it’s HOT outside….temps in the upper 90s and supposed to remain that way for the next 10days or so.
My space is a closet in a small guest cottage that serves as my office. Total space is about 14’x16’ and the only cooling is a window unit AC.
When the temps are really high the AC will only bring the room temps down to 75-77F during the hottest 3-4 hrs of the day. This means the temps in the grow closet can reach 80F or higher easily. The airflow in the closet seems good…,,I’m running a small fan at the base of the plants below the canopy and a larger one blowing across the top of the canopy.
The grow is in week 9 of flower and they look to have another week at least, likely 2. I’m trying to keep my RH below 50%.
My issue is for some reason my leaf surface temps (lst) is higher than the air temps. At this moment the lst is around 82f and the air temp is 79f.
Based on my understanding of the subject, under LEDs, the lst should always be slightly lower than air temps. Based on the VPD chart my plants are over transpiring big time.
I’ve lowered the light intensity. I was hoping this would help lower air temps as well. I usually cut temps back during later flower but I’m handcuffed with my current setup coupled with record highs outside.
I guess I’m wanting to know why the lst is now higher than air temps??? And what, if anything, I can do to regulate things back to a recent VPD??
I’m hesitant to raise the RH a lot, but did increase it to 50% in hopes of slowing down the transpiration.
I can also open the closet door but that makes it warmer in the lung space…..and the poor AC unit is working overtime as is.
I’m afraid I’m losing yield and terps with things out of whack. The buds are nice and frosty but seem a little dry compared to my other grows where I’m not battling record high temps.
Pics are from this morn. Plant on the left is Fruity Pebbles OG, right is Grandi Guava.
Lemme hear what u guys/gals think on this one…….and any input is greatly appreciated.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I froze 1gal. jugs of water and placed them in corners and middle of my grow 2x it helped i have a 3x3x6 tent but now for the last 3yrs i've not done summer grows because of the heat. Sorry that's the best i could do when it happened to me. Your plants look great otherwise. Good luck.

open the door up for a couple hours a day. the plants are so close it won't take much now. might as well just give what they need for a few days.

open the door up for a couple hours a day. the plants are so close it won't take much now. might as well just give what they need for a few days.
That’s what I’ve been doing. I swore that I wouldn’t do anymore grows where the last few weeks of flower & harvest were during the hot months of the summer. This grow got delayed and took about 3-4 weeks longer than I had planned. Even still it’s not usually 95-100F for 2-3 weeks straight in June…….at least here in Va.
I hope it cools off by the time I harvest. Without the lights on, I think I can keep the closet at 70F or below, as long as it’s not super hot outside. I like to dry at 60f but I don’t think 70 will be horrible….
I think I need to invest in a more powerful AC…..

I'm in the same boat as you. Hit 108f outside today, and my tent in 83-85f range. Best it can do with the AC on during these hot days.

But I have been allowing it to run through the night, so I get a nice temp drop. 70-71f over night before lights on again.

I've also had to run a secondary dehumidifier, to keep in the 40% range.

Keep your head up! Your plants look great. I always say the same thing about a summer harvest. But I don't think I'll ever stop! 😆

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
This is so gorgeous wish mine could be like that. Keep growing

Back
Top Bottom