Weird behavior from a Cannabis seedling

Extremis

Hi,

One of my seedling has somewhat a strong stem. I can tell the stem is strong when I try to bent it a little bit.

Problem is, yesterday I caught the seedling lying on the left side. I put it straight, it remains in a straight position.

Next day, i found the seedling this time lying on the right position....This time putting it straight doesn't work.

Also, if you notice, the leaves are in a -30 degree angle. Also, i have about 450 watts of led..at 18inch, so I dont think light might be a problem. Leaves doesn't show any blanching.

Any clue what to do? o_O
IMG_20170206_075154.jpg

Looks stretched to me. What is the exact light you are using? I have never needed to prop a seedling up, and I have a 120mm fan blowing on them 24/7.

Looks super wet too, what is your medium and watering schedule like?

Also, what do the other seedlings look like?

450 W LED full spectrum.

For the watering, I just spray a bit of water on top to keep it moist. The top soil was a bit dry. Watering schedule is that I lift the pot to know if it's light or not, then if it is, i check the soil about 1inch down to see if it's moist or not.

Soil on this one is 100% worm casting. (Yes i know, i used 100% worm casting..noobies mistakes -_- ) But, they still grow fine :D

So you think it's streched? o_O

450 LED wattf ful spectrum at 18 inch...for a seedling it should be enough right? It's the only one showing this type of behavior, might be the strain's genetic?

Here's my light.

MarsHydro Mars300 LED Grow Light Full Spectrum

I will replant it in a 5g pot this week, am just waiting for the second set of leaves to develop and I will replant it. Yah, i guess it make sense to plant it deeper. Using 100 worm casting was a mistake, i'll use organic soil and 30% worm casting when i'll transplant it.

WHat do you think?

I'd Repot, I bet worm casings aren't helping.

Also when you water make sure you are watering until there is runoff out the bottom of the pot.

Honestly, the light is actually around 140W, if I am not mistaken. Fine for a single plant, but I would've put it a lot closer for seedlings. Probably 12-16" as long as it doesn't cause issues as far as burning or bleaching.

And for my reeeeeally honest opinion, use four 42w 6500K for veg. It's plenty of light, will cost you around $25 to setup. Put them 2-3" away. Use your LED in flower, introduce it gradually when you come into flower and add a few more 2700K bulbs too.

If you really are going to go LED, spend the money or look into a better setup long term.

Honestly, the light is actually around 140W, if I am not mistaken. Fine for a single plant, but I would've put it a lot closer for seedlings. Probably 12-16" as long as it doesn't cause issues as far as burning or bleaching.

And for my reeeeeally honest opinion, use four 42w 6500K for veg. It's plenty of light, will cost you around $25 to setup. Put them 2-3" away. Use your LED in flower, introduce it gradually when you come into flower and add a few more 2700K bulbs too.

If you really are going to go LED, spend the money or look into a better setup long term.
Yeah I agree if your going led don't scrimp Leds have come along way now and cheap ones just don't do it the same

Newbie Grow

Yes, I know. The issue is the various different kinds. Even though the light is rated at 300w, that doesn't mean that the diodes are ACTUALLY running at full. The actual output of that light is about 135w I believe, not a whole lot of light, in other words.

Think of the advertised wattage for LED kind of like the advertised wattage of a CFL.

Can you grow a plant with one of those 135W LED? Yes. There are lots of factors that come into play. It's about qaulity of light, it's penetrating capabilities etc.

If you want a good bang for buck, with decent power the Mars II 400 is a great light. But it really does pay to spend a little more on better technology.

So wat type of cob led am I going to need to buy than reading this scares me anyone have a link to an affordable cree led cob under 250? 1200 watts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

And if you paid $300USD for that light, you got taken for a ride, they are $139 from lots of places...

Hiya,

I check the specs of your Mars II 400w. It's pretty comparable with the one i bought. Difference i have maybe in term of watts, like probably 30 watts difference. :)

But yah, Mars II 400 seems to be a good starter model!!!

Also, in comparison with the others, it's the only one that's seem to ''stretch'' for light. It might be a genetic trait!!...

but thanks for all the tips, i'll transplant it!!

Did you just seriously tell him to put his light 12inches from his seedling?

Im by far no expert but I have a mars 300 and I know that 12 inches is as close as I like to get during flowering. Thats much to close for a seedling. Imo

I keep them around 26 inches and slowly lower daily

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!

So wat type of cob led am I going to need to buy than reading this scares me anyone have a link to an affordable cree led cob under 250? 1200 watts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Dont let others discourage you about your lights. If you have a light that works but you are just wanting to upgrade. Then take your time and save some money good ones can get costly but everyone I saw with nice cob set ups that were cheap built the lights themselves. Cob/cree are expensive but worth it

Did you just seriously tell him to put his light 12inches from his seedling?

Im by far no expert but I have a mars 300 and I know that 12 inches is as close as I like to get during flowering. Thats much to close for a seedling. Imo

I keep them around 26 inches and slowly lower daily

Agreed, I think the manufacturer states 16"+ for seedling, but it looks like it is really stretching to me. If he isn't getting any burning and it isn't stressing the plant... Why not give it better penetrating capabilities?

Not all LEDs are created equal...

Back
Top Bottom