Wasting energy

Hey Ted. :ciao:
Trimming under the skirt before and after stretch is a common practice.
I don't grow autos mabey @Jon could help ?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I have a lot of bud sites on my auto but some of them are on the lower part of the plant that gets no light should I being getting rid of these bud sites that I know won't produce a quality bud any help would be great . I see a lot of people with no leaves on the lower part of the auto plants.
Can you pull the branches out a little to expose the stems/bud sites?
The bottom 1/3rd of the plant I cut off the popcorn, but some of those lower buds can be just as good as the cola

Thank you for the advice I have been trying to tuck the leaves but they just go right back it's the first plant have ever grown so I learning I really don't care about the yield I just want it to be a nice plant and make it the end. Best wishes, ted

1720365608604203905811432342840.jpg

Thank you for the advice I have been trying to tuck the leaves but they just go right back it's the first plant have ever grown so I learning I really don't care about the yield I just want it to be a nice plant and make it the end. Best wishes, ted

1720365608604203905811432342840.jpg
A superb plant, good job matey :thumb:
:ganjamon:

I have been trying to tuck the leaves but they just go right back
Try super cropping them. Place a pen or marker underneath the leaf stem and press the stem down and around the barrel. Move it down a smidge and do it again.

I do the ones shading a bud.

Try super cropping them. Place a pen or marker underneath the leaf stem and press the stem down and around the barrel. Move it down a smidge and do it again.
Hey Azi - why? it looks perfect for 10-12 colas to me as it is

There is a learning curve to how much you can bend branches before they break when you're training your first plant. You may break a branch or several before you get a feel for it. BTW, your plant looks fine as is IMO.

There's a good article about training pot at Complete Guide to Cannabis Plant Training | Grow Weed Easy

Hey Azi - why? it looks perfect for 10-12 colas to me as it is
Not the main stems, the leaf stems. @ted4152 mentioned he was tucking leaves to try to get more light to the buds, but they kept springing back as they're want to do.

So I Super crop the leaf stems to keep the leaves on the plant as a reserve of nutrients, but also out of the way of the light.

I agree that the plant structure looks good and I definitely wouldn't mess with that, especially in flower.

A 1/4" bolt 1" long, and wrapped with a pipe cleaner to form a weighted hook, can be hung from the junction of the leaf and the leaf's stem to gently use gravity to do the training for you. Need less weight? Shorter bolt. More weight? Longer bolt.

A 1/4" bolt 1" long, and wrapped with a pipe cleaner to form a weighted hook, can be hung from the junction of the leaf and the leaf's stem to gently use gravity to do the training for you. Need less weight? Shorter bolt. More weight? Longer bolt.
I use fishing weights on the branches in veg, but same idea. But the leaf stems are too delicate for much weight at all so I just press/fold them over a form and call it a day.

The weights would spread the branches but would lower them in the process so might mess up distance to the light for some of them in the process.

But two valid approaches for the OP.

Thank you for the help growing this great plant . It's something I really enjoy doing I'm so glad I found this site ever time I ask a question I got the help from this community that I needed to keep going now she's is growing and looking good I couldn't have done it with this community so I want you guys to know how grateful I'm to everyone that helped me when I had no idea what I was doing . Cheers

Ted, I wouldn't remove any of the larf on that plant. You have my word that the bud sites on the lower branching will get bulky as it matures. For me it depends on the plant an it's overall structure. The tall plants with lots of growth above and below I would for the most part kinda clean the lower limbs to transfer that big bud energy to the top colas. However your plant is short and thick as it is. Regardless if you remove the lower ones, on this particular structure you will just be wasting your good low buds. You have my word and this is my honest opinion.
"I have spoken." 🌈🪷😉

Back
Top Bottom