Vitamin E TPGS as a Carrier Oil

MightyBeard

420 Member
Hello! I was wondering if anyone had any experience using vitamin e tpgs as a carrier oil. I see it as the carrier often in commercial edibles, but see very little mention of it in the homemade community. I can't really find much information about it in that reference, oddly enough. I'm curious what people know about it. I'm allergic to coconut, so I can't use MCT oil or coconut oil as a carrier and I'm looking for alternatives.

Thanks!

Hi MightyBeard,
Vitamin E TPGS (D-alpha-tocopheryl polyethylene glycol 1000 succinate) is indeed used as a carrier oil in commercial edibles, especially because it helps with the absorption of fat-soluble ingredients. It’s a great alternative for people who are allergic to coconut or MCT oils, as it acts as both a surfactant and an emulsifier. However, its use in the homemade community is not as widespread, which is why you may not find much information on it.
Additionally, it's always a good idea to consult with someone knowledgeable in edible production or extraction to make sure Vitamin E TPGS suits your needs.

Good luck, and I hope you find the right carrier oil for your creations!

Back
Top Bottom