Trimmers

Maine420

I'm looking into getting some kind of power trimmer. I don't know much about them but have been looking at these ones that look like a salad spinner for around $150-$200. Anyone have any recomendations or ones that I shouldn't get?

I'm curious about trimmers as well Maine, power or manual. I just finished trimming buds from only 3 plants and can already tell this isn't my favorite part of the grow process! LOL

There used to be a product out called the Aardvark that was basically a shop vac with some type of powered head attachment that contained some spinning (although safe) blades that cut off whatever was sucked into it. It was ridiculously priced at like $1,100, but to my eyes it looked almost exactly like a flowbee! You remember those DIY hair cutting tools that were sold on TV in maybe the late 80's or early 90's?

I have been looking for something like that style of tool though as all these gadgets that involve spinning and tumbling motions to trim the buds seem like a great way to knock a bunch of trichomes off before you even get started drying them.

I was very impressed with these bowl trimmers. Surprisingly it does not knock-off all your trich's like you would think or expect. It doesn't beat up the buds, you control the speed and intensity. Also I find that trichomes are easier to knock-off on dry buds and wet buds.

With the right setup and people, you can fly through a pound in less then an hour, easily.

Here's another tool I recently found, it looks pretty cool:

Hang dry / bud trimming machine - The Wander Trimmer - YouTube

That is very cool JJ and very much along the line I of what I was thinking. But again, $1,200. I wouldn't mind spending that (If I had the need) and if I felt the profit margin wasn't out of line, but I'm looking at this thing thinking there can't be more than $150-$200 dollars worth of parts there. Less once someone began manufacturing on a larger scale.

I appreciate the info on the bowl trimmers. I really would have anticipated a poor end result to I'm happy to hear I was incorrect.

That video is amazing. But I don't really see how it is and sucking off a huge percentage of the triches.

And $1200 seems like a huge price to pay especially if you're losing triches.

We sell bowl trimmers that work very well. I've personally used them before and they are worth every penny considering how much time is saved.

The newest models have some great improvements too. Check them out: Save yourself time with these great trimming products!

We stand by our products and we are a sponsor for the forum. Thanks ;)

Do you have a video of your trimming bowls in action? I would love to see something like that.

And it sure would be interesting to have one, but I'm still really afraid that it would be stripping the triches off as well.

At least with the bowl, you can probably recover all of the cuttings and trikes.

If there is a video of these in action, I would love to see it.

Thanks. That is really helpful.

I think if a person had a large amount, this is fantastic.

The other interesting thing is, have you ever tried taking what gets caught in the bowl and putting it in a bubble bag system and seeing what comes out of it? You might end up with a lot of trichs that get saved that way.

That is fascinating. That vacuum thing, looks interesting, but whatever trichs it does knockoff are not going to be recoverable.

With these bowl trimmers, it looks like they absolutely would be recoverable. And it would be very simple to process this through bubble bags.

Now you actually have me interested. Seems like this would be a much faster way to process the harvest. And it would also help so that growing remains fun.

Thanks

With these bowl trimmers, it looks like they absolutely would be recoverable. And it would be very simple to process this through bubble bags.

Now you actually have me interested. Seems like this would be a much faster way to process the harvest. And it would also help so that growing remains fun.

Thanks

Roger that- need to keep it FUN :)

We just had a member purchase one of these bowl trimmers and use it recently. I believe he will be posting his results and thoughts soon. I won't name any names until they choose to name themselves ;)

But look out for that.

I really like the bowl trimmers, saves you so much time. Only downfall is the left over trim sometimes isn't as nice as hand trim. But if you're more concerned with your flowers then your trim its great.

Back
Top Bottom