Top or don't top?

I usually top to even up the canopy a bit as it makes more efficient use of available light
Yes, with most strains it will increase yield because the plant soaks up more light/energy

It depends on how you wanna finish the plant. You mentioned no height restrictions but didn't mention how you're looking to grow it!
Bamboo sticks, yoyos , scrog net. What will be your main support system?
For instance when I grow in a net I don't usually top because the main head will be trained away from the center allowing the lowers to rise up without the need to top the plant. Howeverrr if I do top in a scrog setup it has to be when the plant is Lower than the net to allow the two main heads to be below the net.
With bamboo sticks I generally do top about 18 inches tall and continue to top all main heads until a week before flower!
Will it increase yields topping it? It will if applied correctly and timely.
Short answer yes, but the success of it depends heavily on the timing and training of the plant imo 😊

The posted picture was topped AND trained into a net 👍

PXL_20240630_153040422.jpg

It depends on how you wanna finish the plant. You mentioned no height restrictions but didn't mention how you're looking to grow it!
Bamboo sticks, yoyos , scrog net. What will be your main support system?
For instance when I grow in a net I don't usually top because the main head will be trained away from the center allowing the lowers to rise up without the need to top the plant. Howeverrr if I do top in a scrog setup it has to be when the plant is Lower than the net to allow the two main heads to be below the net.
With bamboo sticks I generally do top about 18 inches tall and continue to top all main heads until a week before flower!
Will it increase yields topping it? It will if applied correctly and timely.
Short answer yes, but the success of it depends heavily on the timing and training of the plant imo 😊

The posted picture was topped AND trained into a net 👍

PXL_20240630_153040422.jpg
I was going to top and lst for lower sites and net or leave as one big natural chunky cola and just trim for light penetration on lower branches.

Sounds like you've got plan! I would lean towards net as it can yield much more imo and also it will evenly distribute the maturity/quality of the herb! So long as you train it weave it top it etc.
My net training usually only lasts a week or two before I flip it, but it almost always fills my 5x5 or close to it! I'm interested to see how ya did it either way!

Sounds like you've got plan! I would lean towards net as it can yield much more imo and also it will evenly distribute the maturity/quality of the herb! So long as you train it weave it top it etc.
My net training usually only lasts a week or two before I flip it, but it almost always fills my 5x5 or close to it! I'm interested to see how ya did it either way!
Cheers man I’ll keep you posted 🤙🏻

Back
Top Bottom