To cover or not to cover?

Canachris

My seedlings just broke ground yesterday and I'm not sure to put lil clear plastic covers to retain a little moisture or not. it's heating season an it's dry as the desert in here. any suggestions ?

IMG_20240106_091017864.jpg

IMG_20240106_091038759.jpg

IMG_20240106_091041326.jpg

Hey CanaChris,

Domes are intended to keep rh high while a clone cutting develops roots, seedlings already have roots so a dome is not needed.

For a DIY cheapie humidifier you can place a pan of water in the grow space and hang a damp towel with the bottom end of the towel extending down in the pan so it’s touching the water with fan blowing air at the towel

My seedlings just broke ground yesterday and I'm not sure to put lil clear plastic covers to retain a little moisture or not. it's heating season an it's dry as the desert in here. any suggestions ?
Skip the plastic covers or any of that sort of thing.

Might want to figure out the temperature issue. If the air at the same level or location is 88F (31C) then the soil in the small cups is about 88F. Whether it is the air or soil temperature, that is considered to be too hot for optimal growth for most plants, including cannabis.

Skip the plastic covers or any of that sort of thing.

Might want to figure out the temperature issue. If the air at the same level or location is 88F (31C) then the soil in the small cups is about 88F. Whether it is the air or soil temperature, that is considered to be too hot for optimal growth for most plants, including cannabis.
The temp of the cups and soil is cooler than that thermometer reads.

IMG_20240109_051027027.jpg

Back
Top Bottom