The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

Edit: they aren't the black variety. I think you are right on with the paste variety. Looks very much like "Ropreco Paste" tomatoes.

:)

Well there ya go.

'We' just began canning. The Toms are coming on strong now. A big ole' batch of marinara is bubbling away right now and will be finished tonight. The heirloom slicer tomatoes are sooooo sweet and juicy. The early girl and rutgers are putting out nice globes and my one yellow pear is going absolutely bonkers. It's a full 2' above the 7' wire wall and just loaded.

I would LOVE to do some canning, but I have no equipment left here to do it. :( Maybe next year.

That thunder/rain storm I was waiting on didn't drop enough rain to quench a hummingbird. BUT, it left an afternoon of heavy winds that are dropping tree limbs everywhere. It worked to my advantage, this Great Blue Heron didn't notice me sneaking through the cattails with everything whipping back and forth. He's a tough bird to get a clear shot of, someday I'll get it right:

great_blue_heron1.jpg

And it's rare for me to get a shot of these green dragonflies, but this guy thought he was well camouflaged and stayed still for a minute:

green_dragon2.jpg

Have to say, it's been great taking a day for fun stuff for a change. :laugh:

420-magazine-mobile990335548.jpg

Onions I used and then put in dirt. Can I cut and use these then regrow again?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

It will not grow another Onion unfortunately, you can grow a flower and then seeds if it was a prticularly fine Onion, a 2 year minimum project, or, eat the greens in a stir fry, very tasty :thumb:

It will not grow another Onion unfortunately, you can grow a flower and then seeds if it was a prticularly fine Onion, a 2 year minimum project, or, eat the greens in a stir fry, very tasty :thumb:
How long before I should pull them? I am so surprised how much grew from them. I honestly didn't expect anything but then all of a sudden new shoots started growing off of what I had cut. My boo laughed at me and told me they would never regrow.....ha ha ha I get the last laugh

The Mr.

the_mr.jpg

The Mrs.

the_mrs.jpg

And my green dragon has a favorite area, so I have high hopes of a nice clear face shot soon:

Green_dragon_21.jpg

That's Hopper from Bug's Life:thumb:

The Dragon Fly's wing detail is so fascinating

......on the runway this evening. Our season accessory for Lily's features a butterfly with lovely splashes of matching Lily colors blended up into a bold dark contrast, and lightly dusted with glistening pollen for that wow factor:

Butterfly_on_lily_1.jpg

What do you suppose it said to that bee? "Get off my land...er Lily!?"

butterfly_on_lily_2.jpg

:rofl:

How long before I should pull them? I am so surprised how much grew from them. I honestly didn't expect anything but then all of a sudden new shoots started growing off of what I had cut. My boo laughed at me and told me they would never regrow.....ha ha ha I get the last laugh

Cut the green stem with scissors, leave the younger stuff and it will keep sending out new edible shoots until it starts to flower:thumb:

I have always believed that Helicopters were first designed from looking at the wing "mechanisms" on Dragonflies. They just don't want to admit it. ;-)

And the alien ships in the Original HG Well's War of the Worlds movie were designed from watching Geese and ducks with their necks up and heads pointed, coming in for a water landing.....

war_of_the_worlds.jpg

Whatchathink?

:rofl:

Cut the green stem with scissors, leave the younger stuff and it will keep sending out new edible shoots until it starts to flower:thumb:
I love them but only buy them from the store...this time I took the end root part and planted it...that's what came out....I am going to cut these now and put on my salad I just made.

I have always believed that Helicopters were first designed from looking at the wing "mechanisms" on Dragonflies. They just don't want to admit it. ;-)

And the alien ships in the Original HG Well's War of the Worlds movie were designed from watching Geese and ducks with their necks up and heads pointed, coming in for a water landing.....

war_of_the_worlds.jpg

Whatchathink?

I think you are spot on :high-five: Obvious now you point it out, would never have seen it otherwise :( :passitleft:

I need help brainstorming. My kids dog pin is the perfect location for my plants cuz it is so private and big. I have secretly been envious of the dogs.....well the kids decided to move them out the pin and stake them on the four corners of the cut yard...property is 4 acres but most is wooded, house 4400 Sq feet...so the dog pin is free.

Only thing about the dog pin is the ac/heater unit thing is in there. So if I have issues with the unit I need to be able to move the plants...so I can't plant them.

I was thinking that my boo could build me a couple of carts on wheels to move the plants. How do I keep it from roting? Is that even preventable? Is this a good idea?
What size pots do I need to make it the whole season...not this one but next year...I will be starting my photoperiod plants in may

Back
Top Bottom