Terp tea: Best way to apply?

Canachris

my grow store guy suggested roots organic terp tea. it sounds like good stuff(suppose to eliminate the need for flushing) the first batch I made I didn't have a bubbler so I just shook the crap out of it... I know that is not how it is supposed to be done. it also says I can top dress with it. just curious if anyone has an easier way to mix this stuff. how important is the bubbler process.

IMG_20210504_074521342.jpg

Shake and water in should be fine can even top dress dry and scratch in or mix in with your soil at mixing stage.

With a plant in the container follow the directions. Dont use extra... that's got a lot of stuff that can burn plants roots if you go over board.

I would prefer to use that stuff in VEG not flower - that's just me.

thanks, I've read up on the stuff and top dressing sounds the best. they do make a terp tea for the flowering stage . I'm really bad with nutes so I always go half strength

Good idea.. its basically a bunch of amendments with some microbes mixed in.

I'm organic soil, there's several ingredients that I would not use on the list if ingredients. But thats just me.

What ingredients don't you like? I don't see much that I've ended up using either, but nothing that raises my alarm bells. Hopefully I'm not using something bad in my redneck recipe!

... the first batch I made I didn't have a bubbler so I just shook the crap out of it... I know that is not how it is supposed to be done. it also says I can top dress with it.
I am a fan of the Roots line of nutrients and fertilizers.

That will work for mixing up a batch to be used while watering. It says on the back of the bag: Add 1 tsp to 1 TBS per gallon of water. Brew for 24 hours in an aerated, well-ventilated setting or feed directly. The way I would interpret that is to put the stuff into the water and shake away like you did and then just start watering directly. It would be a way of quickly starting to dissolve the water soluble nutrients and spreading all the solids over the soil. Or skip mixing with water and just sprinkle the amount suggested over the surface of the soil and then whenever it is watering time a bit more will be dissolved and working its way into the soil.

Easiest would be to use as a top dressing.

No matter which way the grower chooses, allow a week to two weeks for the nutrients to kick in.

I would prefer to use that stuff in VEG not flower - that's just me.

I do not personally use their Terp Teas. It seems that the company is promoting the Terp Tea as a 3 part fertilizing system to be used through-out the vegetating and then flowering weeks.

This is the way I feel that the Terp Teas should be used and spaced out. Terp Tea Grow is for the vegetating weeks. The Terp Tea Bloom for the weeks at the start of flowering into mid flower. Then the Terp Tea Bloom Booster for the final several weeks as the 'finisher'. Then there is their Terp Tea Microbe Charge which seems to be a way to increase the microbe and micro-organisms in the soil and could be used as part of the nutrient schedule through out the growing stages.

Probably calling it Terp Tea does confuse the issue since most of us association Terp with Terpines and we are expecting those to start making the famous weed smell a couple of weeks into flowering. I know that at first I thought the whole line was a flowering schedule until I studied the ingredients and NPK ratios.

Then there is their Uprising trio which are milder versions of the Terp Tea choices. At least that is the way I see it.

I am a fan of the Roots line of nutrients and fertilizers.

That will work for mixing up a batch to be used while watering. It says on the back of the bag: Add 1 tsp to 1 TBS per gallon of water. Brew for 24 hours in an aerated, well-ventilated setting or feed directly. The way I would interpret that is to put the stuff into the water and shake away like you did and then just start watering directly. It would be a way of quickly starting to dissolve the water soluble nutrients and spreading all the solids over the soil. Or skip mixing with water and just sprinkle the amount suggested over the surface of the soil and then whenever it is watering time a bit more will be dissolved and working its way into the soil.

Easiest would be to use as a top dressing.

No matter which way the grower chooses, allow a week to two weeks for the nutrients to kick in.

I do not personally use their Terp Teas. It seems that the company is promoting the Terp Tea as a 3 part fertilizing system to be used through-out the vegetating and then flowering weeks.

This is the way I feel that the Terp Teas should be used and spaced out. Terp Tea Grow is for the vegetating weeks. The Terp Tea Bloom for the weeks at the start of flowering into mid flower. Then the Terp Tea Bloom Booster for the final several weeks as the 'finisher'. Then there is their Terp Tea Microbe Charge which seems to be a way to increase the microbe and micro-organisms in the soil and could be used as part of the nutrient schedule through out the growing stages.

Probably calling it Terp Tea does confuse the issue since most of us association Terp with Terpines and we are expecting those to start making the famous weed smell a couple of weeks into flowering. I know that at first I thought the whole line was a flowering schedule until I studied the ingredients and NPK ratios.

Then there is their Uprising trio which are milder versions of the Terp Tea choices. At least that is the way I see it.
thanks,all good info. the bubbler or aerated method sounds complicated. I added a half teaspoon of it to gallon shook and watered this morning.even tho she looks great I still feel the need to feed, I figured half strength should be enough

Back
Top Bottom