Tall and narrow pots

OGeMann

Has any body used deep flower pots to grow, how was it ?
1608072716584.png

No experience personally. Yet. Got tall'ish narrow fabric pots lined up for a SoG grow. From what I've seen that's what they tend to be used for.
I was thinking about growing in those kinds of pots next grow, just wanting to hear other opinions on this subject matter

Well first issue you will have is they will more easily tip over.

I grow with tall and wide based pots 7.5gal but I grow organic soil so more room is better.

I would be careful with those getting top heavy in flower. You dont wanna come into your flower room late in flower and have the plants all fallen over like a domino thing.

Well first issue you will have is they will more easily tip over.

I grow with tall and wide based pots 7.5gal but I grow organic soil so more room is better.

I would be careful with those getting top heavy in flower. You dont wanna come into your flower room late in flower and have the plants all fallen over like a domino thing.
I decided not to go with those pots,instead going with reg 5 gal fabric pots. I was thinking it through and that was one of the reasons not to go through it top heavy and plus the cost of soil I was planing to grow about 6 plants next grow so thats a lot of soil.

I haven't tried these yet but have been considering a tall fabric pot.
Like mentioned above may get tippy but i could see it working well for smaller plants in SOG style grow. Maybe an auto?
Would be more beneficial for a grow from seed as cannabis sends a taproot down. If using clones i would bury the stem as it'll send roots out like a tomato

I haven't tried these yet but have been considering a tall fabric pot.
Like mentioned above may get tippy but i could see it working well for smaller plants in SOG style grow. Maybe an auto?
Would be more beneficial for a grow from seed as cannabis sends a taproot down. If using clones i would bury the stem as it'll send roots out like a tomato
Actually while I was researching those tall pots, they are designed just for autos because the roots have more downward grow instead of down then out. It’s supposed to make them somewhat taller and bigger. But I haven’t gave up the idea of doing this. I’ll come up with something later maybe in the summer

I prefer square pots. They line up better and seem to be great for growing clones in a Sea of Green style for starters. Like several people have mentioned it is best to give thought to just how large the base is in relation to how tall they are.

The way I see it the bottom should be just smaller in width than the width of the top. I checked out the website you were looking at and while I can't read the Spanish I am able to figure out the photos. They have a better square pot and it it more of a growing pot than something just for keeping some flowers through the summer. It is shorter and the bottom is wider.

Cannabis roots grow wide not down.
Much better to have the widest pot possible, and if you're growing clones which don't have a tap root even shallower still.
Best container for let's say a 4x4 space is a 4x4 bed thats about 20" deep.
Second best is the largest fabric pots you can manage.
The roots store energy, sugars etc created during veg cycle when the lights are on 18+ hours.
In 12/12 the stored sugars are what helps to grow large thick buds.

Back
Top Bottom