Surfactants for foaming in nute bucket

Can I use some kind of surfactant in my nute bucket when it foams? Thanks
Is it convenient for you? I don't fully understand the question? The answer is yes but it will foam over the bucket and might cause a mess? Another question is if you don't want it to foam why not add it when you're about to water? The purpose is to lessen surface tension and you don't need added aeration to do that.

Lessen aeration or add it after before watering or use other surfactants that doesn't foam. I like potassium silicate for that purpose. Problem solved if it's an actual problem?

Cheers!

some liquid nutes come with a surfactant baked in, think of surfactant as a water conditioner… typically it’s intended to be added to your water first and depending on the product selected it may generate foam when stirred.

I’ve played with both Dr Bronners perppermint hemp Castile soap and Dawn dishwashing liquid. Was curious to see any effects of using heavy foam, (flawed or not) my thinking was that as soapy water moves thru substrate it might help facilitate better drainage and perhaps pull more oxygen down behind it.

This girl was foamed up all thru flower…. every 2nd or 3rd watering both via top watering and straight into the swick reservoir. The plant seemed to tolerate it well, no obvious problems were observed from its use.

Also played with powdered yucca a bit, when stirred up it will add foam to your water bucket…

If you are trying to eliminate foam maybe try salt like either table salt or epsoms or perhaps something oil based like rosemary oil

apologies in advance for bad pics and green nite light…..

Foam on top of soil

Foam in swick reservoir

Back
Top Bottom