Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Vegetative
Bucket Size - 25 Gallon
Lights - Natural (Midwest)
Nutrients - Fox Farm Grow Big
Medium - Fox Farm
PPM - ?
PH - 6.5 water

Problem: 10 week old plants in Fox Farm soil. Been in soil now for 6 weeks and just starting to feed Grow Big twice a week. Keeping water at 6.4pH and probably feed 2.5 gal of water every couple of days or when they are dry (25 gal grow bags). The lower leaves and some random leaves showing signs of stress or some deficiency. I use tap water and generally let it sit outside in 5 gal buckets for a day or so. Tap water is probably a little high in calcium (I can see it in my faucet and ice maker in the house). Just find it hard to believe it's low N but maybe they are growing and need more food. Any help appreciated.

20240619_101401.jpg

20240618_202131.jpg

20240619_101302.jpg

20240619_101453.jpg

20240616_170303 (1).jpg

Welcome to 420Magazine my friend :welcome:
Great garden.
Grow big is 1 part of a 3 part formula.
You need the big bloom and tiger bloom.

Screenshot_20240619-164118_Google.jpg

Nice looking start to an outdoor potted plant garden.

Grow big is 1 part of a 3 part formula.
You need the big bloom and tiger bloom.
Yep. If using just one of the three then the grower should follow the dosage on the back of the bottle. If using all three then the latest schedule and dosage from the Fox Farm chart kicks in. A lot more likely that some problems will start to show when flowering begins if using just one of the three.

Bucket Size - 25 Gallon

Medium - Fox Farm
Some of these might be minor points but Fox Farm is the name of the company that mixed the soil. They have a couple very popular soils and each is different. The "medium" should be the name of the soil mix, probably Happy Frog or Ocean Forest since they are the most popular. Happy Frog is considered a milder soil mix and might start to show signs that it is being depleted much sooner than the Ocean Forest. Figure it is like going to get parts for the car and the counter salesman will be asking for the 'model' name so as to get the right part or installing instructions.

Are those 25 gallon pots? Look smaller to me, more like a 7 gallon. Right now it might not be a big problem but if giving or feeding fertilizers for a 25 gallon when it is actually smaller size could cause a build-up of some of the nutrients.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Couple of points for future reference. The soil mix is Ocean Forest and the pots are 25 gallon (perhaps the picture is misleading). 10% or 2.5 gal per watering seems about right since I get a little trickle out the bottom holes I put in the grow bag.

I'm repeating Wk4 feeding since I'm outdoor and a prolonged veg cycle. I probably won't get to flower here in IL until mid to late August. The plants responded well to me adding some Boomerang and Cal/Mag which also bumped up the Nitrogen. I'm also putting down a dressing of earthworm casings. I might get a little neem oil as while I don't see any nibblers on the leaves, there are signs.

Appreciated the feedback :)

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Couple of points for future reference. The soil mix is Ocean Forest and the pots are 25 gallon (perhaps the picture is misleading). 10% or 2.5 gal per watering seems about right since I get a little trickle out the bottom holes I put in the grow bag.

I'm repeating Wk4 feeding since I'm outdoor and a prolonged veg cycle. I probably won't get to flower here in IL until mid to late August. The plants responded well to me adding some Boomerang and Cal/Mag which also bumped up the Nitrogen. I'm also putting down a dressing of earthworm casings. I might get a little neem oil as while I don't see any nibblers on the leaves, there are signs.

Appreciated the feedback :)
Neem oil is good.
I use @Sierra Natural Science 1 ml/ l in my feed water, keeps them away.
Good stuff.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

strain - WW, SS, Critical Kush, Durban Poison
# of Plants - 4
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Vegetative
Bucket Size - 25 Gallon
Lights - Natural (Midwest)
Nutrients - Fox Farm Grow Big
Medium - Fox Farm
PPM - ?
PH - 6.5 water

Problem: 10 week old plants in Fox Farm soil. Been in soil now for 6 weeks and just starting to feed Grow Big twice a week. Keeping water at 6.4pH and probably feed 2.5 gal of water every couple of days or when they are dry (25 gal grow bags). The lower leaves and some random leaves showing signs of stress or some deficiency. I use tap water and generally let it sit outside in 5 gal buckets for a day or so. Tap water is probably a little high in calcium (I can see it in my faucet and ice maker in the house). Just find it hard to believe it's low N but maybe they are growing and need more food. Any help appreciated.

20240619_101401.jpg

20240618_202131.jpg

20240619_101302.jpg

20240619_101453.jpg

20240616_170303 (1).jpg
The lower picture with the stripes across the leaves is from pH fluctuation.

You're supposed to repeat wk. 4 and I think wk 8 or 9? I have to look at my FF chart. I didn't ever use the middle nutrients. Didn't need em. I only used the top 3 and the bottom 3. Follow the chart, don't get creative lol.

The lower picture with the stripes across the leaves is from pH fluctuation.

You're supposed to repeat wk. 4 and I think wk 8 or 9? I have to look at my FF chart. I didn't ever use the middle nutrients. Didn't need em. I only used the top 3 and the bottom 3. Follow the chart, don't get creative lol.
PS--i would rotate the Cha chi g and beastie blooms. The Cha ching has more nitrogen in it than the plant will actually need, so use the beastie blooms more often than the Cha ching in the mid/late flowering stage.

Back
Top Bottom