Strange fruit

Woodystock

420 Member
Hi I’m a relatively new grower with 7 Jamaican Pearl plants at 20 weeks growth. Two of them are show something I didn’t expect. Like little flowers. Is something going wrong?

Sorry here is a pic.

IMG_4536.jpeg

Oh wow I never get to see them in this stage as they usually get culled at the first sign of testies..
Wouldn't she already have released pollen at this stage??

On the plus side you'll have seeds for years to come!
But you'll have to sex the plants before planting to enjoy some sinsemilla, or plant them and timely remove the male plants but pre-sexing is better as then all the plants you put into the ground will be females. There's a technique for this.

If the rest are pollinated, it will be less potent but I dunno make some hashies from it so you can just enjoy the good stuff that is there on it and don't need to deal with seeded weed.

If you're still relatively new to this next time start your journey in the grow journal section on here then people can look with and alert or help.

Not yet but maybe a couple of days away. The pollen is produced by the "anther". The anther is the banana shaped part of the male cannabis flower. From what I have read about the process the anther does not start to produce pollen until a small white or ivory colored flower starts to show above the bananas but below the petals that formed when the "ball" opened up. The pollen itself is small, smaller than many common dust particles we might see laying on top of a TV in our house.

I have seen some of the growers here post photos of their 'banana collection' as they get ready to start a pollination project as a way to get seeds for future grows. I figure that some of the bananas are starting to produce but if the growers had waited another week or so they would have ended up with way more than enough.

Royal Queen Seeds, one of the current sponsors, has some detailed photos showing clouds of the pollen coming off of a male plant. This is a link to one of their web pages discussing how to collect pollen and then pollinate female cannabis flowers. The first photo shows the male flower fully open including with the flower petals, the anthers and even some pollen.
https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/us/blog-cannabis-pollen-when-why-and-how-to-use-it-n1442
Worth reading through the article and checking out the photos as a way to be ready in case something comes up in a future grow.

One of their other web pages shows so much pollen coming off of a plant that it looks like a thick cloud of smoke.

Oh wow I never get to see them in this stage as they usually get culled at the first sign of testies..

On the plus side you'll have seeds for years to come!
But you'll have to sex the plants before planting to enjoy some sinsemilla, or plant them and timely remove the male plants but pre-sexing is better as then all the plants you put into the ground will be females. There's a technique for this.

If the rest are pollinated, it will be less potent but I dunno make some hashies from it so you can just enjoy the good stuff that is there on it and don't need to deal with seeded weed.

If you're still relatively new to this next time start your journey in the grow journal section on here then people can look with and alert or help.
Many thanks will take these fellows out right away. Just dump them or is there any smoke to had from them?

Just dump them or is there any smoke to had from them?
Some growers have claimed that there is some, not much, but a tiny bit. From what I have read it is not worth the effort.

You have 5 more plants so concentrate on growing those to be be large and healthy and you will soon forget about the two you threw away.

Back
Top Bottom