Stash jars

ChiBlu

I found some neat stash jars. Let's see your jars!

Attachments

• 20190805_141429.jpg
    20190805_141429.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 243
  • 20190805_141422.jpg
    20190805_141422.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 239
  • 20190804_175822.jpg
    20190804_175822.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 245
  • 20190804_175812.jpg
    20190804_175812.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 230
  • 20190804_175805.jpg
    20190804_175805.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 243

it's cute but not airtight.

my lone interesting container

cheers

I already knew I was Old School. Not a "Baggie" old school but close. Not fair making a guy feel old just because he uses Ball and Kerr wide mouth mason jars.

Still they have them in different sizes from 1/2 pint to quart sized. You can even find gallon sized for the outdoor guys LMAO. Though I have had plenty indoor plants that took more than one jar.

Not sure what you paid for the fancy ones but jars are pretty cheap. I now have almost as many canning jars as my grandmother did. She used hers for canning LMAO.

I already knew I was Old School. Not a "Baggie" old school but close. Not fair making a guy feel old just because he uses Ball and Kerr wide mouth mason jars.
Don't let it bother you.;) I do believe that there are several of us here who are old guys and gals. Those mason jars are all that I use.

Still they have them in different sizes from 1/2 pint to quart sized. You can even find gallon sized for the outdoor guys LMAO. Though I have had plenty indoor plants that took more than one jar.
Even smaller than 1/2 pint. My favorite size for the sake of convenience is a 1/4 pint regular mouth jelly jar. I have several of them in the dresser drawer, each with something from a different plant or clone. A small Boveda or Boost humidity pack sits on top (If the contents are all bud, then on the bottom). The extra is kept in pint, quart and half gallon jars in the root cellar.

Not sure what you paid for the fancy ones but jars are pretty cheap. I now have almost as many canning jars as my grandmother did. She used hers for canning LMAO.
We have more than any of our mothers or grandmothers ever had, probably more than any two of them combined. We started canning almost 50 years ago when we got married. Still can about once a month.

I've had a couple of the cool looking jars, they never seem to seal as well as a regular old Mason jar. I've even managed to find some different colored ones.
There is a blue jar, and they brought back a green glass jar. The really good one is the UV protecting glass jar. This one is a dark, really dark blue.

A couple of my small stash jars from the dresser drawer. These are the 4 fl ounce jelly jars. The third jar is one with some dill seeds we collected and will be used for cooking. That one is a typical spice jar that can be bought at any spice shop.

stashjars01a.jpg

Have a great day.

I use jelly jars for my daily stashes as well. Less to dry out from opening it so often. The rest I just use widemouth quarts for.

These are the coolest ones we have. My wife found them at a garage sale.

it's hard to photograph the color but those shots are pretty close. We have some blue ones somewhere as well. But they are just a light blue decorative commit. I'd like to snag some of those UV ones though so they could sit on a shelf for a couple weeks without major damage.

I've never seen coloured mason jars. That's neat. Where did you pick those up?
You can buy them anywhere you can buy canning jars. The major supermarket chains have the jars and other canning supplies year round. Neighborhood hardware stores will have them in the summer which helps support your local economy.

One important thing to keep in mind is patience. Walk in the store in January and check out what they have. Then come back in March and they might have a different style. Again in May. Right now it is summer in the North American continent and people are buying vegetables or growing their own tomatoes, peppers and green beans and more so the canning jar section is usually well stocked. Come back in October or November after the season and pick up stuff on sale. That is when I go in for replacement lids for canning.

I use jelly jars for my daily stashes as well. Less to dry out from opening it so often. The rest I just use widemouth quarts for.

These are the coolest ones we have. My wife found them at a garage sale. Forgot to mention garage sales. I would stock up on jars at those sales when we were very actively canning. Probably have between 350 and 500 jars, though at our age we don't can like we did in our 30s and 40s.

I put the Boveda or Boost humidity packs in the larger jars, too. Makes each jar its own humidor.

Have a great day.

I stuck the following comment right into TurboBucket's quoted msg in that previous thread.....

"Forgot to mention garage sales. I would stock up on jars at those sales when we were very actively canning. Probably have between 350 and 500 jars, though at our age we don't can like we did in our 30s and 40s.

I put the Boveda or Boost humidity packs in the larger jars, too. Makes each jar its own humidor.

Have a great day. "

heya agin,,

mason jars as well.

my collection of small amounts of plants grown from way back in my earliest growing days,, one is late 2015

i don't collect anymore,, least the weed,,

now i just save the labels i place on each plant i grow,, well over 150 now,, ha

add another few rows now i would say,, ha

cheers friends

While we are talking about stash jars there is one that looks handy for those who have more than fits in a pint jar and less than fits in a quart.

They were Ball jars if I remember right and the packaging calls them Pint and a Half jars or about 24 liquid ounces. They use wide mouth lids. I have seen them on occasion in this part of the state, during canning season, and have heard that they are more popular in the rural areas. Great jars for a small amount of pickled eggs to give as a present to someone or for canning full length green beans or asparagus spears.

Back
Top Bottom