Should I switch to HPS?

herrjack24

As the fall already begun, my grow room temp is about 20-21 °C (68°F). As some suggest, the LED panels won't be suitable to provide the best potential under such conditions, a higher temp being preferred. In this scenario, what would you suggest? Should i switch to a 400W HPS or continue the flowering phase under the LED panel?

As the fall already begun, my grow room temp is about 20-21 °C (68°F). As some suggest, the LED panels won't be suitable to provide the best potential under such conditions, a higher temp being preferred. In this scenario, what would you suggest? Should i switch to a 400W HPS or continue the flowering phase under the LED panel?
What about when lights are off?
What's your night temps?
Oil filled radiators/ heaters are economical and safe in a grow room.
Just 2 cents. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Most oil radiators around here have specs consuming 2500W. The minimum is 1000W. So 1000 + 200 LED = 1200W which is quite much...
If it needs to be on all the time yes... then you're better off just adding the 400w and grow big plants for 600w :p but well how are you gonna deal with the 12hrs light off? still need some warmth to not create a too large difference with light on temperature.

One of the first questions should be "where is this grow room". Then questions along the lines of "does it stay this temperature all the time, day and night" and "does the temperature go up when the lights are on and how much".

It is not a bad idea to actually be asking yourself these questions so you have an idea of what is happening to the temperatures depending on what time of day it is outside and the season of the year.

Back
Top Bottom