Should I defoliate barely flowering autos? Help me please

PakaloloGrow

Hello all, this is my second grow, my first with autos. They are 2 Gorilla Glues and 1 Tangerine Dream, they are 30 days old and have barely started flowering. I've only removed 2 large fan leaves their entire life, should I defoliate a little? or would that stunt them? Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC_0593.JPG
    DSC_0593.JPG
    780.8 KB · Views: 178
Defoliating strategically always stimulates growth... if the plant is healthy. I usually start easy then take more if I commit to defoliating my girls... Good luck!
thank you for the info

Yeah you're fine to do a bit of defol mate. Most of us do around now. Just remember you're also removing energy sources so no point taking off anything that isn't blocking light to somewhere you want it to be. :)
Thank ya, I appreciate it. I removed a few leaves per plant, nothing crazy.

Autos or not, whenever a plant is healthy, defoliation shouldn't hurt her more than a couple hours. They have usually already bounced back when you open the tent the next morning

Autos or not, whenever a plant is healthy, defoliation shouldn't hurt her more than a couple hours. They have usually already bounced back when you open the tent the next morning
Thank you, I guess I've been reading too much about autos being stunted easily lol

Thank you, I guess I've been reading too much about autos being stunted easily lol

Yeah I got you. Same for me till I decided this summer to try autos. This was after reading different people saying they had autos taking longer than expected because they had been stunted during the grows. So I saw it like autos. I defoliated one of my plants a lot and she s been doing really great so far. So it made me conclude it s all about health. They remain weed....

Edit : I defoliated a plant that looked less healthy than yours and she looks pretty well today. Check last past of my current grow journal for pics. Just the last page is enough to see the defoliation story

Yeah don't believe any of the myths you here about autos mate. I busted them all with my profile pic. Topped, supercropped, tied down, tied up, transplanted , defolled the shit out of all the way through the grow. Even shouted at her a few times lol.
They are pretty fragile the first 2 weeks and will stunt if you mess with em too much but so will a photo. Just that with autos you don't get the recovery time so gotta be careful till the roots are down.

Lots of people tell you not to chop em up but those are generally people that can't get them to grow like you can. Long as they're going full tilt and no issues they're pretty indestructible.
You've obviously got this fairly dialed in so not something you should ever get dramas from.
Watch your environment though bud. They're getting a bit stressed from iether temps, humidity or a light being too close.
Your buds might go foxtail if you don't get that under control over the next few weeks. :)

I've found that normally it doesn't matter. Leave the leafs on and the plant eats them later = (big buds). Defoliate lets more light through=(big buds).
I don't really see how anyone could train a plant and not have to defol. I get it for the Xmas tree growers. They grow naturally so shouldn't really need to chop anything cos it's all in the right place anyway.

Yeah don't believe any of the myths you here about autos mate. I busted them all with my profile pic. Topped, supercropped, tied down, tied up, transplanted , defolled the shit out of all the way through the grow. Even shouted at her a few times lol.
They are pretty fragile the first 2 weeks and will stunt if you mess with em too much but so will a photo. Just that with autos you don't get the recovery time so gotta be careful till the roots are down.

Lots of people tell you not to chop em up but those are generally people that can't get them to grow like you can. Long as they're going full tilt and no issues they're pretty indestructible.
You've obviously got this fairly dialed in so not something you should ever get dramas from.
Watch your environment though bud. They're getting a bit stressed from iether temps, humidity or a light being too close.
Your buds might go foxtail if you don't get that under control over the next few weeks. :)
Yup, I've been trying to figure out why they were a bit stressed, my temp is between 78-82 F and my humidity is 45-55, lights are 600w LEDs that are eighteen inches from the canopy. Is that too close?

Yup, I've been trying to figure out why they were a bit stressed, my temp is between 78-82 F and my humidity is 45-55, lights are 600w LEDs that are eighteen inches from the canopy. Is that too close?
Go hit Google for "VPD scale " mate.
I can't use pics cos on my Mrs phone but it will pop up with a fairly self explanatory graph/ chart type thing.

Raise the lights 6 inches (doubt it but..) just to be safe and see how the temps and Rh compare with the chart.

No point giving you a fish when I can hand you a rod eh :)

Back
Top Bottom