Shagnasty's first grow

Shagnasty

Hello 420!

Long time lurker, first time grower. I want to start by saying this site is amazing. I've spent countless hours reading hundreds of threads over the past few months and I wanted to thank this community for being amazingly helpful and easy going. :thumb:

I started growing some bag seeds on the 29th of Dec. I got 4 to break ground, then 3 were immediatly killed due to grower error. The one plant that survived is doing surpisingly well for how poorly I've treated it. Pretty much every noob mistake i could make I have. Afraid of over watering i submitted it to drought like conditions. I bought crap soil, crap nutes and poor lights.

Currently the plant is about 1' 6" and I think that it is starting to show sex. I'd love some help in determining the sex.
preflower21.JPG

preflower11.JPG

If these are preflowers they are still incredibly tiny. I can't even really see them with the naked eye. I got the photo by holding an old camera lens up to the end of a newer camera lens, making some kind of crappy lens.

Thanks for any help given. :slide:

That looks like a male for sure, not 100% sure more like 80%. Wait for more opinions and give it another week or two to let them develop more. :goodluck:

yeah, thats what i thought/feared. just needed a second opinion. I switch to 12/12 tonight and will give him a couple more days of growth to be 100% sure and so I can at least get the experience of seeing a fully developed male pre-flower before i pull it. Started germinating some more seeds tonight to try again.

Well, if I wasn't sure before I am now. took some new photos for reference purposes.

male37.jpg

malezoom.jpg

but with every ending comes a new start. as I did my daily inspection I noticed at the bottom of my plant's bucket a small sprout.. apparently when I dumped soil from the seedling pots back into the larger container a seed that hadn't sprouted before did in its new home... It was a rather sickly yellow color since it pretty much no light. but when i extracted it the taproot was long and healthy looking. it went into its own container a few hours ago and is already looking greener.
seedling17.JPG

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom