severly droopy plant (not over water)

Lyra

I'm an IDIOT and used too much vinegar to lower my soil PH (Miracle Grow Organic that naturally has a PH of close to 8) and all my plants are droopy and one completely flopped over at the top.

I flushed until the water ran clear and then for an additional 5 minutes after. I had to use tap right from the faucet. They needed to be flushed ASAP. The one that flopped over got propped up with a straightened hanger as a stake and then I wrapped yarn around her top.

They're droopy and blotchy and I'm terrified! Please, please, please ANY advice on what to do now? Is it a waiting game? Man, I think I'm crying. :helpsmilie:

Don't panic if you have flushed just sit back and watch them fix them selves. Let your soil dry out until the container feels lite.
They should perk up after a few days. What are you checking your ph with? Those cheap analog probes suck! If your going to play the ph game in soil, get yourself a general hydroponics ph up and ph down kit they are cheap and accurate about 10.00 bucks. I grow in soil and I use organic nutes and I never ph. Check out 1970sgrower he uses bpn with great success! and he is so detailed
you wont go wrong by watching him. He also ph's his girls. not knocking the ph thing you may have to with bpn I dont know.
Good luck!.... sincerely Gittergreen.

Thanks! Yeah I was messing with the PH because I noticed it was a little high and one of my girls had a few VERY minor blotchy spots. Man what I wouldn't give to have those few imperfections...

They looks awful. Almost dead. If they die I guess I start over... I'm not going to give up. I hope they make it though. They were so beautiful and I screwed everything up. :(

Thanks again. I appreciate the advice and kind words.

at times, we all get nervous at what we dont totally understand. growing cannabis! in this case taking your time and not over doing it to try and fix her is key to success.
best wishes

Well one, make sure your PH tester works properly. I use MG organic as the base for many plants and its PH is in the 6.5-7.0 area naturally.

Second dont use vinegar to try and lower PH. That is a temporary fix to a permanent problem (if your soils PH is in fact high). To lower and buffer a soils PH you use sulfur. Adding in some Lime as well helps to make the soil extremely stable.

Back
Top Bottom