Sensi Skunk In Coco

newleaf14

I have 10 sense skunk feminized started, I’m going to run them in coco coir. This is my first experience with coco. I’ve rinsed and buffered a quality coco and I’m going to run with growdots and recharge. From real growers 420. I’m going to stay in the solo cups for 2 weeks then moving over into 5 gal fabric. I’m looking forward to the awesome tips from 420 mag and the amazing growers on this forum. Let’s get growin
Happy smokin.

IMG_2029.jpeg

IMG_2027.jpeg

IMG_2030.jpeg

I have 10 sense skunk feminized started, I’m going to run them in coco coir. This is my first experience with coco. I’ve rinsed and buffered a quality coco and I’m going to run with growdots and recharge. From real growers 420. I’m going to stay in the solo cups for 2 weeks then moving over into 5 gal fabric. I’m looking forward to the awesome tips from 420 mag and the amazing growers on this forum. Let’s get growin
Happy smokin.

IMG_2029.jpeg

IMG_2027.jpeg

IMG_2030.jpeg
Love me some coco. :yahoo:
I'm in for this one.
Great Start Amigo.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Thanks bro. Im looking forward to it. My first time in coco and im going to run with growdots and recharge.
Sounds good.
Are you using calmag in your plain water first?
It's a must with coco.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Sounds good.
Are you using calmag in your plain water first?
It's a must with coco.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Yes sir, I started buffering last night. I did a rinse and then buffered @ 150% cali magic (7.5 ml gal -with PH of 6.0. Im doing my second soak now. 8 hrs each. I do have a question if you could help me out. Do I need to rinse the coco after buffering to bring down the PPM. It’s going to be for 3 week old plants. Not seedlings but still young. Should I rinse or is it ok where it’s not seedlings? Thanks again.

Yes sir, I started buffering last night. I did a rinse and then buffered @ 150% cali magic (7.5 ml gal -with PH of 6.0. Im doing my second soak now. 8 hrs each. I do have a question if you could help me out. Do I need to rinse the coco after buffering to bring down the PPM. It’s going to be for 3 week old plants. Not seedlings but still young. Should I rinse or is it ok where it’s not seedlings? Thanks again.
I'm glad your buffering your coco.
I wasn't exactly referring to that. :Namaste:
From what I understand you rinse it first and buffer it last.
I buy mine pre done.
I was referring to your feed nutrients.
I add calmag to my plain water first.
Coco drains it from the girls and it helps with nutrient uptake.
I start with 1/3 strength nutrients for a week then slowly increase always with calmag in my plain water first.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I buy mine pre done.
I start with 1/3 strength nutrients for a week then slowly increase always with calmag in my plain water first.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Thank you for the info, this is my first time in coco and any tip are greatly appreciated. I will definitely incorporate calmag into my water routine. I’ve read that the coco holds onto sodium and potassium. Cation’s positive and negative charge. It all sounds a lil intimidating but,, hoping im off to a good start with the buffering and I appreciate the info on making calmag a staple supplement while in coco. Thanks bro.

Thank you for the info, this is my first time in coco and any tip are greatly appreciated. I will definitely incorporate calmag into my water routine. I’ve read that the coco holds onto sodium and potassium. Cation’s positive and negative charge. It all sounds a lil intimidating but,, hoping im off to a good start with the buffering and I appreciate the info on making calmag a staple supplement while in coco. Thanks bro.
Coming right along. Be transplanting up in a week.
IMG_2059.jpeg

Do you set the ph?
Coco is best when nutrients are set to 5.8 ph.
Feed every day nutrients at 5.8.
Never plain water and never let it dry.
Always
With calmag
Coming right along. Be transplanting up in a week.
IMG_2059.jpeg
I wait until they build a root ball.
Once they drain the cup every day I know they are ready.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I buy mine pre done.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
I bought bricks. I think I will go with a pre buffered with perlite added. Canna makes a good coco perlite mix. I had to rinse some of the dust out of the coco first then I buffered it. I was wondering if I need to rinse it again. I guess I should check the EC of the run off with just water. I didn’t know if there was excess from the soak. Sorry i wasn’t a little more clear I get a little foggy sometimes. lol. Hope you have a great evening friend. Happy smokin.

Do you set the ph?
Coco is best when nutrients are set to 5.8 ph.
Feed every day nutrients at 5.8.
Never plain water and never let it dry.
Always
With calmag

I wait until they build a root ball.
Once they drain the cup every day I know they are ready.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Yeah I PH religiously. And I just gave em a lil calmag mixture too. I did notice a tiny bit of leaf bending. Like kinda rolling. I think that’s a calcium thing. So the feed should help that. Thanks for letting me know. Have you ever used growdots and recharge? I’m going to do a couple with those. They are loaded with cal mag and supposed to feed all the way to harvest,, like 4 weeks veg then 2 week layover then into flower for up to 10 weeks. will still add cal mag and I was thinking some silica and a yucca based product. Do you think yucca would be useful as a wetting agent it help water to cling longer or does coco do a good enough job in that area? Do you use perlite? I was thinking of putting some clay balls in with the coco,, they are great homes for microbes. I’ve heard some people just use straight coco with maybe some coco chunk type mixed in for airation. I appreciate you taking time to converse with me.

I was meaning rinse the coco that I just buffered before putting the plants in. I didn’t know if the soak left to much in the coco. It’s the coco I’m going to transplant into. Sorry bro, I realize I was being confusing when I read back on what I wrote.

Yeah I PH religiously. And I just gave em a lil calmag mixture too. I did notice a tiny bit of leaf bending. Like kinda rolling. I think that’s a calcium thing. So the feed should help that. Thanks for letting me know. Have you ever used growdots and recharge? I’m going to do a couple with those. They are loaded with cal mag and supposed to feed all the way to harvest,, like 4 weeks veg then 2 week layover then into flower for up to 10 weeks. will still add cal mag and I was thinking some silica and a yucca based product. Do you think yucca would be useful as a wetting agent it help water to cling longer or does coco do a good enough job in that area? Do you use perlite? I was thinking of putting some clay balls in with the coco,, they are great homes for microbes. I’ve heard some people just use straight coco with maybe some coco chunk type mixed in for airation. I appreciate you taking time to converse with me.
@Grand Daddy Black has used Growdots and I believe @Carcass has as well, but I think they were both in soil.
I don't know if they're available up here.

Yeah I PH religiously. And I just gave em a lil calmag mixture too. I did notice a tiny bit of leaf bending. Like kinda rolling. I think that’s a calcium thing. So the feed should help that. Thanks for letting me know. Have you ever used growdots and recharge?
Never used grow dopt sorry but I've read good reviews from members who have used them.
recharge is good also.
I’m going to do a couple with those. They are loaded with cal mag and supposed to feed all the way to harvest,, like 4 weeks veg then 2 week layover then into flower for up to 10 weeks. will still add cal mag and I was thinking some silica and a yucca based product.
Never used yucca either.
Do you think yucca would be useful as a wetting agent it help water to cling longer or does coco do a good enough job in that area? Do you use perlite?
Redab my threads before you mix anything.
i have a method of potting with layers of perlite.
i grow big root systems and massive healthy plants.
In my Heaven's Shores thread is a ton of pictorials explaining everything , have a look.
I was thinking of putting some clay balls in with the coco,, they are great homes for microbes. I’ve heard some people just use straight coco with maybe some coco chunk type mixed in for airation. I appreciate you taking time to converse with me.
Read my layering technique before you uppot.
There are many people here using it with great success
It's in all my threads but Heaven's Shores has the most pictorials.

Ask questions along the way if you have any. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

IMG_2116.jpeg
IMG_2113.jpeg
IMG_2115.jpeg
The skunk ladies are loving their new homes.The coco is amazing, I’m glad I finally tried it out. No problems so far. Giving 3-5 ml cal-mag plus. And recharge every 3 watering. The grow dots seem to be working perfectly so far. No deficiency’s and the growth rate is incredible.

IMG_2114.jpeg

There are 4 in coco. The rest is in a mix of Humboldt gold and perlite. I’m lucky to be in the north west were this dirt is local. It’s the best I’ve ever ran. As soil goes. This is one of the coco’s up close. I’ll pull the rest out next time to show the progress. Hope alls well and happy smokin.

IMG_2119.jpeg

Lil jewel called Astoria, OR Just got back to the WiFi. That big girl I showed you wasn’t mine. I’d definitely claim her though. That was one that I think will be similar to that beauty of yours. I’ve grew em like that. Had one in the 80’s that I could stand on the first branch. I love this plant. Hope you well.

Back
Top Bottom