Seedling stretched

Homebrew420

Ive put my 2nd batch of seedlings in, but where as before, I started straight under my main lent led on low power.
I had an old cfl 125w e40 lamp so thought I'd use that to germinate them.. well.. I think the light had gone past it's sell by date on usage! The seedlings have stretched alot, this would be helpful for my next scrog, but would this affect the yeild at the end.. any experiences?
(The seedlings were as close to the light as I could get)

They are now under a small 100w phlizon led which seems a lot brighter.

I've put another 2 seedlings in, but even they look like they might stretch a bit..

The older ones are so weak that one 1 can stand unsupported.

The seeds are Strawberry Cola Sherbet F1 Fast Version by RQS, 80% indica

Ive been trying to get the fan blowing at them a bit to strengthen the. But they slipped the loose supports!

20240726_035017.jpg

20240726_035047.jpg

I would put those in some more soil, all of the white can be covered, roots will grow from there, I often use jiffy pods myself, I like to take that netting off, I am curious to see how the plant will do growing through that, keep up the good work friend, I hope that you have an awesome day.

Ive put my 2nd batch of seedlings in, but where as before, I started straight under my main lent led on low power.
I had an old cfl 125w e40 lamp so thought I'd use that to germinate them.. well.. I think the light had gone past it's sell by date on usage! The seedlings have stretched alot, this would be helpful for my next scrog, but would this affect the yeild at the end.. any experiences?
(The seedlings were as close to the light as I could get)

They are now under a small 100w phlizon led which seems a lot brighter.

I've put another 2 seedlings in, but even they look like they might stretch a bit..

The older ones are so weak that one 1 can stand unsupported.

The seeds are Strawberry Cola Sherbet F1 Fast Version by RQS, 80% indica

Ive been trying to get the fan blowing at them a bit to strengthen the. But they slipped the loose supports!

20240726_035017.jpg

20240726_035047.jpg
Good morning my friend. :ciao:
Nice babies.
If you drop your light closer your babies won't stretch as much to get light.
I use horseshoe clips to hold them up, really easy.
Also I pull the mesh off my pods, let's the roots through easier. :Namaste:
The clear cup needs covered aswell, roots don't like light.
Keep up the good work.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I would put those in some more soil, all of the white can be covered, roots will grow from there, I often use jiffy pods myself, I like to take that netting off, I am curious to see how the plant will do growing through that, keep up the good work friend, I hope that you have an awesome day.
Ah cool, thanks, I did wonder if I could sink them down a bit into the soil when I pot up.. I'll know now, up to the white 👍
I've grown all my plants straight through the jiffy pod tbh 😅
I'm going to update my pics after this in my other thread if you want to see how they well they do growing through the net.. I'm pleased with them 😊

Good morning my friend. :ciao:
Nice babies.
If you drop your light closer your babies won't stretch as much to get light.
I use horseshoe clips to hold them up, really easy.
Also I pull the mesh off my pods, let's the roots through easier. :Namaste:
The clear cup needs covered aswell, roots don't like light.
Keep up the good work.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Hi Bill 👋
I'm glad the reactions far haven't been "bin them off and start over" 🤣 that's a good positive!
When the bigger seedlings stretched like that, they were in the dome (now to the right of the pic). On little stands to get them higher in the dome.
Under that old cfl, the dome was pretty much touching the lamp itself and the plants still stretched to the point they pressing against the top of the dome.. at that point they were literally 1/2" from the lamp itself (I then remembered my last grow/seedlings under this light 12 years ago they stretched and were that thin I aborted the grow and stopped until 5 months ago) .
I'll get them a bit closer to the new LED, i was worried about heat from the lamp but I guess if they get too warm from the light they will react and not stretch?
I'll get that clear cup covered ASAP.. it was a last minute thing and all that I had 🙂
Thanks for your input Bill, much appreciated as always 👍

Hi Bill 👋
I'm glad the reactions far haven't been "bin them off and start over" 🤣 that's a good positive!
When the bigger seedlings stretched like that, they were in the dome (now to the right of the pic). On little stands to get them higher in the dome.
Under that old cfl, the dome was pretty much touching the lamp itself and the plants still stretched to the point they pressing against the top of the dome.. at that point they were literally 1/2" from the lamp itself (I then remembered my last grow/seedlings under this light 12 years ago they stretched and were that thin I aborted the grow and stopped until 5 months ago) .
I'll get them a bit closer to the new LED, i was worried about heat from the lamp but I guess if they get too warm from the light they will react and not stretch?
I'll get that clear cup covered ASAP.. it was a last minute thing and all that I had 🙂
Thanks for your input Bill, much appreciated as always 👍
Nothing wrong with healthy babies that grow fast. :thumb:
When you uppot you can bury them deeper than usual for support.
I understand about the clear one, we do our best with what we have.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

That's good to hear.. all is not lost 😄
I'll support them for now and when they have some root mass I'll sink them into the next pots a bit 👍

Back
Top Bottom