Scail

dopeyraw

420 Member
I think this might be wax scail bugs not sure just spotted them for the first time. Little greenish yellow spots only on the stock of plant, I can rub most of them off pritty easily with my finger but I'm concerned what they are and they get out of control they are very small and I almost can't even see them in a bright flash light

20240710_174147.jpg

20240710_174123.jpg

I think this might be wax scail bugs not sure just spotted them for the first time. Little greenish yellow spots only on the stock of plant,
Nothing on the stem of the plant in the photo looks like a type of scale insect.

I can rub most of them off pritty easily with my finger
I looked up Wax Scale Insect and they do look different than what you have.

they are very small and I almost can't even see them in a bright flash light
If I understood what the reference web-sites were saying the mature Wax Scale is about a 1/4 of an inch to as large as a 1/3 of an inch.

Looks and sounds more like aphids to me.
I would start with what Sueet mentions and look at gardening web sites that give suggestions on how to control and get rid of Aphids. Plus check here for more info & suggestions on controlling Aphids on Cannabis plants.

I wiped away all the ones I could see and a couple days later seems they are still there
Have you done anything else? As in have you tried a Pest Management method to kill them and then kill off any that hatch from eggs?

If you were able to successfully wipe them off then they are back they could be the aphids that @Sueet mentions. The eggs hatched and you have new ones showing up.

I'm thinking about using some neem.. but I'm wondering what it could harm in my soil
Gardeners of all types of plants have been using Neem Oil for hundreds of years, including for aphids, so it must be working. It should not be a problem for the soil. There are several other insecticides that are natural or organic if that is your concern and they might work.

The idea is to get rid of the insects before they get out of hand. Maybe check some of the other threads to see if they have tips and suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom