Saran wrap question! Need help ASAP

Blanco3219

Ok question I've been seeing alot of things about Saran wrap. I want to make sure it's okay that I wrap it with Saran wrap. I live in Pennsylvania so I really don't get much sometime only a couple months and in them couple months it's a lot of rain and wind so I took a tomato cage that I had laying around and I use that to protect it from blowing everywhere and I took Saran wrap and wrapped it around the tomato cage as well as the pot to keep all the bugs and stuff out I get a lot of lantern flies over my way because of the fields I just want to make sure it's okay if not I'm taking a Saran wrap off ASAP that's why I'm asking this question.

Ok question I've been seeing alot of things about Saran wrap. I want to make sure it's okay that I wrap it with Saran wrap. I live in Pennsylvania so I really don't get much sometime only a couple months and in them couple months it's a lot of rain and wind so I took a tomato cage that I had laying around and I use that to protect it from blowing everywhere and I took Saran wrap and wrapped it around the tomato cage as well as the pot to keep all the bugs and stuff out I get a lot of lantern flies over my way because of the fields I just want to make sure it's okay if not I'm taking a Saran wrap off ASAP that's why I'm asking this question.
Now she is pretty tall about 48 in

Take it off. Too hot. The plants will adjust to the climate, and. Wind. The tamato cage will be enough to support her. If you're worried about bugs, get some IPM. Integrated pest management. Usually a foliar spray once weekly, something like neem. I don't like to use anything synthetic. Especially outside. Definitely take the wrap off.
Now she is pretty tall about 48 in

I took a tomato cage that I had laying around and I use that to protect it from blowing everywhere...
Be ready. Often a tomato cage is not enough if your plant starts to grow to a normal size. And, it is the wind that helps build strong plants with strong stems and branches and even helps to build a better root system.

and I took Saran wrap and wrapped it around the tomato cage as well as the pot to keep all the bugs and stuff out...
I have not heard of using Saran Wrap. Some growers have mentioned using clear plastic sheets to build a tent over plants to help protect them from severe storms but not to wrap them up like what food wrap would do. I can see so much wrong with using Saran Wrap.

I get a lot of lantern flies over my way because of the fields
Depends on what is growing in the fields. Looks for their eggs and remove or crush those but be absolutely sure that it is a Lanternfly egg mass so that beneficial insect eggs stay safe. It is easy to develop a two stage pest insect management program to protect the plants.

Back
Top Bottom