Same strain, same soil and feed, different colour. What's up?

Landracey

These are Frisian Dew plants from Dutch Passion. Same soil, same routine (Feeding, watering, light etc...). The one on the right has a sort of lemon green colour and is seemingly unaffected by the high 80s temperatures, while the others are wilting and have a dark green colour. I'm worried that the lemon green plant may be potassium or nitrogen deficient, but it seems otherwise healthy and just as big as others. Any thoughts on this? Should I be concerned?

IMG_20240801_134641 (1).jpg

These are Frisian Dew plants from Dutch Passion. Same soil, same routine (Feeding, watering, light etc...). The one on the right has a sort of lemon green colour and is seemingly unaffected by the high 80s temperatures, while the others are wilting and have a dark green colour. I'm worried that the lemon green plant may be potassium or nitrogen deficient, but it seems otherwise healthy and just as big as others. Any thoughts on this? Should I be concerned?

IMG_20240801_134641 (1).jpg
Girls look great my friend.
Often I'll get different phenos in a package of seeds.
They are sisters but have different characteristics sometimes.
Also it could be as simple as different root growth.
One more developed than the other.
Causing one to be slightly overwatered and giving difficulty uptaking nutrients.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Thanks for your reply Bill, that is reassuring. I've done a bit more research and found out that some phenotypes of Frisian Dew produce green buds, and others purple, given its hybrid nature.

Wow, that is quite a difference in identical strains Dwight. I'm assuming those are hybrids, and therefore that the purple genes (blueberry, purple kush?) are present in some phenotypes but not others, similar to Frisian Dew which is a hybrid of Purple Star and Super Skunk

Wow, that is quite a difference in identical strains Dwight. I'm assuming those are hybrids, and therefore that the purple genes (blueberry, purple kush?) are present in some phenotypes but not others, similar to Frisian Dew which is a hybrid of Purple Star and Super Skunk
sorry forgot to say strain :rofl: Blueberry Hashplant was the Strain :passitleft: and yes some Strains have more variety than others also, depends how much breeder worked it and other variables I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom