Review: Royal Queen Seeds

OG Sinse

Hi all, I'm quite aware that Royal Queen seeds is one of the sponsors here, I hope I don't get into trouble saying bad things.

I normally buy seeds from Seedsman, but the fact that they were hacked and credit card information was compromised, I am cautious with seed banks.

For the past couple of weeks, I've had a purchase ready to buy from RoyalQueens seeds. When trying to complete my purchase, my virus protection software warns heavily against using the site. It is very possible that this is a false positive, but I'm nervous to go forward.. My virus protection is Bit Defender.

Now my complaint. I've sent two emails, one a few weeks ago and one on 9/5 (thursdsay) with screen shots of my virus warnings. (critical warnings-) without a response. They say they will respond in 2 days, but I'm getting crickets. This makes me think that contacting RoyalQueen seeds for other reasons, non germinating seeds, lost packages etc.. will be difficult. So for now, I'm giving up on RoyalQueen seeds and looking else were. In a nutshell, I'm not impressed with their customer service right from the start.

Over the past month I've sent at least four messages to Royal Queen seeds, I started off asking if they could recommend lower odor strains, no response, two messages sent. I later went to make a purchase and was hit with virus warnings. Two more messages sent, no response.

The only answer I get back is that they will respond in two days which never happens. Here is a tip all, before trusting any company send a few messages to see how well customer service responds. With Royal Queen seeds, there seems to be no response at all. Not a good start.

I have not personally had an issue with either @Royal Queen Seeds or @Herbies Seeds . Both have been very discreet, reliable, and dependable. And I have ordered from both twice now without any concerns or complications.

But I do get where the concern would be.... One of the ones I went through required a redirect to separate pay tab.... Was weirded out by it but proceeded and all went as expected.... Again no issues.

If it helps at all ......the 420 staff and founder have all of our best interests in mind and would not allow a sponsor..... especially one that has been with us for a long time...... to harm, trick, or steal from us In any way shape or form.

Hi AG - They have always been spot on for me
@Royal Queen Seeds this doesn't sound right?

Thanks, they finally replied, maybe they saw this thread. Their answer was "this is the fist we've heard of this"... And another we'll get back to you.

I'm an IT professional and take virus warnings seriously, especially when providing personal information, credit card etc.. Its not a risk I'll take even if my scanner (bit defender) is giving a false positive.

I'm sure they aren't a bad seedbank and I was really looking forward to growing Epsilon F1 as my first auto. My problem now is that I've seen how long it takes for a response. If something were to go wrong with an order, I have a feeling it would be a headache contacting them.

To say some good things about the company, I had a hell of a deal going that I doubt I'll ever find again. 3x Epsilon F1, 2 Blue Mystic and 3 Northern Lights Autos (freebies) for around $60... That's dam hard to beat. Such a shame !

I have not personally had an issue with either @Royal Queen Seeds or @Herbies Seeds . Both have been very discreet, reliable, and dependable. And I have ordered from both twice now without any concerns or complications.

But I do get where the concern would be.... One of the ones I went through required a redirect to separate pay tab.... Was weirded out by it but proceeded and all went as expected.... Again no issues.

If it helps at all ......the 420 staff and founder have all of our best interests in mind and would not allow a sponsor..... especially one that has been with us for a long time...... to harm, trick, or steal from us In any way shape or form.

I hear you man, but virus's aren't always a fault of the company. Here is a great example of a 420 Mag seedbank that was hacked, Seedsman! They were once a 420 mag sponsor got hacked and credit card imformation was stolen. Not good !

One last story, I was looking for potting soil at a big garden center located in my area. When I went to the web page I got hit with a very nasty virus. Luckily, my scanner stopped it in its tracks. I then visited the garden center and the management sent me to their IT department. So, there I was in a garden center showing the IT guys they were pushing a virus everywhere. They couldn't believe it.. (and were quite ashamed/thankful.).

Hey @OG Sinse, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will notify our IT team to check if there's any issue with our website. However, I must mention that our website is completely safe, and sometimes Google can be a bit sensitive with certain products. As we all know, we're in a tricky industry.

Regarding our Support Team, please note that we receive a large volume of messages daily, and we always try to respond as soon as possible. However, please keep in mind that our headquarters are located in Barcelona, and we operate only on business days.

Thank you again for sharing your concerns with us. I hope this helped! 😊

Hey @OG Sinse, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will notify our IT team to check if there's any issue with our website. However, I must mention that our website is completely safe, and sometimes Google can be a bit sensitive with certain products. As we all know, we're in a tricky industry.

Regarding our Support Team, please note that we receive a large volume of messages daily, and we always try to respond as soon as possible. However, please keep in mind that our headquarters are located in Barcelona, and we operate only on business days.

Thank you again for sharing your concerns with us. I hope this helped! 😊

Thanks so much for the response ! I'm sorry to throw a wrench in the machine here and understand this is not a standard question. I really appreciate it.

This I can understand, thanks for the explanation.

Bit Defender is the virus software in use. When going to pay, it warns of a malicious site. Bit Defender is used by many, and I'm quite sure others see the same warning. I'm quite sure its a false positive due to the unique nature of your business, but any virus warning should be taken seriously. I just thought I'd ask to see how you respond.

I will say this, I'm one of the poor slobs that used Seedsman and they were hacked exposing personal user information.. I'm being very careful this go around and am very hopeful to find a seedbank I can trust. Hopefully Royal Queen seeds?

Well, I worry too much and never got a reply from Royal Queen seeds. I guess I'm just overly cautious after the Seedsman hack.

I'm not blaming RoyalQueen seeds, but a little explanation from them might have eased my worries. My bet is their payment system is "unique" due the sensitive nature of the business.

You can ignore the type of message I got below, there are many reasons that these warnings can happen. But for now, I'm playing it safe.

Infected web page detected
September 1 at 6:17 PM
Feature:Online Threat Prevention
We blocked this dangerous page for your protection://www.royalqueenseeds.us/order.pages attempt to install software that can harm the device, gather personal information or operate without your consent.

Back
Top Bottom