Reservoir temp question: Is 75 too much?

What to do about my res temperature?

• Nothing, 75 is fine no worries.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Add another iceprobe, ugly but functional and cheap.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Step up to the JBJ Mini Arctica and end your problems!

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Chiller is the right idea, just not JBJ as brand "X" is quieter.

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

flogger11

My res was running 80 degrees, added a Coolworks iceprobe and it went down to 75, am I ok? If I need to get my temp down further the next step would be to add another ice probe or just step up and maybe go with a JBJ 1/15 mini arctica chiller (its very small and fits available space). I hear the JBJ mini is really quiet (just like the ice probes) and thats what I need. Opinions and plus/minus would be greatly appreciated... thanks ahead of time everybody! :hookah:

The 1/15 mini arctica doesnt qualify?

I think the 1/15 hp isn't a true compressor style chiller. I have a similar one that is called the CL85 that works on the same principal as the chill blocks. It might be OK on a res of 10 gallons but anything over that it is useless.

I'll do a quick check on the arctica to see. I replaced mine with an AquaChill 132, it is rated for a res up to 132 gallons, and can keep the temps at a constant temp within 1 degree. It is very quiet, my airpump makes more noise.

Just checked on the 1/15 Arctica, it does in fact have a compressor. A bit pricey for a 1/15, the 1/10 Aquachill is about the same price and give you room for expansion.

I found mine online for about $280 new. If I can dig up the store I'll PM it to you. The JBJ has a 40 gal res cap, the AquaChill has a 132 cap.

Back
Top Bottom