Quantum Board 600h height, wattage advise needed

Peterpangreen

Hello growers,

I recently bought a HLG Quantum board 600h (dimmable) and I saw allot of people on here use them already.

So my question for advise is the height and wattage power for the three stadiums:

Seedling stadium
Vedge stadium
Bloom stadium

Any guidline would be nice to test my new board on my plants.

Attachments

• 27602F5D-2F8F-4F30-9CB0-376C21F646CE.jpg
    27602F5D-2F8F-4F30-9CB0-376C21F646CE.jpg
    562.3 KB · Views: 207
Nice light

Looks like they are QB288 bds
What spectrum are yers

I use my 288s in veg, 4000k, about 24" away ..ish...full power
I did run them in flower last grow at about 12-16" away at about 75% power ish

I had seedlings just a few weeks ago, fukk watts, about 39" away, some where at 24", all did great

Nice light

Looks like they are QB288 bds
What spectrum are yers

I use my 288s in veg, 4000k, about 24" away ..ish...full power
I did run them in flower last grow at about 12-16" away at about 75% power ish

I had seedlings just a few weeks ago, fukk watts, about 39" away, some where at 24", all did great
That's correct, they are 3000k boards.
Reason of my question is that I'm afraid to hang my leds to low or give them to much power and end up burning my plants..

That's correct, they are 3000k boards.
Reason of my question is that I'm afraid to hang my leds to low or give them to much power and end up burning my plants..

Do u have plants now???

Get a watt meter that yer light plugs into to determine what full power really is. They usually ship drivers that actually max out at about 80% or so

Seedlings --- 24-30" 75% power, make sure they don't start stretching, if the do turn it up

Veg -----20-24". I run full power here

Flower---- I've had them as close as 12" cuz I ran outside height, so this is kinda a crap shoot, I'd say 16-20" but can go closer, just watch them if you go closer

That help?

Im gonna tag along here, I'm looking at the hlg 600 but have no experience with led except a blurple Mars hydro. I really wanted to build my own but for my needs the only feasible option is to go with the 600. Just trying to learn a bit more before pulling the trigger on anything.

I won't use anything else but QBs, well I do have two Blurple as over flow lights when I need more than 3 tents....lol

The 288bds are great, what come in the 600.
I have two in my 2x4 tent and work well. 3 bds would be too much but the 2 almost covers the entire tent, maybe a bit light on the ends

I won't use anything else but QBs, well I do have two Blurple as over flow lights when I need more than 3 tents....lol

The 288bds are great, what come in the 600.
I have two in my 2x4 tent and work well. 3 bds would be too much but the 2 almost covers the entire tent, maybe a bit light on the ends

I'm just finishing up building a new facility for expansion. Of course I'm concerned about being able to get the weight I do with hps but mainly i need same or better quality. I was wanting to build so I can maximize footprint but can't find heatsinks any bigger than what the hlg 600 comes with. Wouldn't mind doing single sinks but then I'd have wires everywhere n my ocd would drive me nuts!

Do u have plants now???

Get a watt meter that yer light plugs into to determine what full power really is. They usually ship drivers that actually max out at about 80% or so

Seedlings --- 24-30" 75% power, make sure they don't start stretching, if the do turn it up

Veg -----20-24". I run full power here

Flower---- I've had them as close as 12" cuz I ran outside height, so this is kinda a crap shoot, I'd say 16-20" but can go closer, just watch them if you go closer

That help?
thanks helps allot.
I have a watt meter plugged in at at full power it takes 615W from the wall.
I thought that seedlings didn't need as much power as 75% of the power?
Im really a newbie to led, and just threw away my 600w hps for this QB600h :p
I have 8 seedlings from almost 6 days old now.

I started with HPS, won't go back
I have no scientific proof the QBs are better than HPS, but light penetration on lower buds I can guarantee is better with the QBs
And heat is about 10F less as well, very important for me on the surface of the sun...lol

I like my two 288s being separate heatsinks so I can adjust them , but my flower tent is one big frame

thanks helps allot.
I have a watt meter plugged in at at full power it takes 615W from the wall.
I thought that seedlings didn't need as much power as 75% of the power?
Im really a newbie to led, and just threw away my 600w hps for this QB600h :p
I have 8 seedlings from almost 6 days old now.
Biggest with seedlings is enough light to keep them from stretching in the 1st week or so

So just watch them

I started with HPS, won't go back
I have no scientific proof the QBs are better than HPS, but light penetration on lower buds I can guarantee is better with the QBs
And heat is about 10F less as well, very important for me on the surface of the sun...lol

I like my two 288s being separate heatsinks so I can adjust them , but my flower tent is one big frame
Can I see a pic of your qb setup :)

Can I see a pic of your qb setup :)
I just wish they came in 2700k or atleast a row or 2 of diodes on a panel or a couple far red.

3000k is great for flower, almost as good as 2700k

This is my flower tent today, 6-qb132 bds, but am adding two more when I get motivated. Currently it runs about 400w, be about 550w when done
132s don't need heatsinks
MVIMG_20190129_111129.jpg
MVIMG_20190129_111124.jpg

Nice plants scorpio! Coming from hps background I'm pretty uneducated in the lighting department. Hps is to easy, get a hood a ballast n a hortilux bulb n that all you need to know lol. Currently trying to find out how to add drivers, supplemental strip (blues, reds) all that good stuff! I really liked how many options and pricing of diy COB but everything I'm researching it seems that the qb are the way to go.

I started HPS and MH
Just too hot

Got a couple blurple to try in a bathroom, did good

Then everyone started talking about the QBs, and I dove in

I learned the hard way on drivers, so if you diy it holler, need the right driver to get close to 100% Watt output

3000k is great for flower, almost as good as 2700k

This is my flower tent today, 6-qb132 bds, but am adding two more when I get motivated. Currently it runs about 400w, be about 550w when done
132s don't need heatsinks
MVIMG_20190129_111129.jpg
MVIMG_20190129_111124.jpg
Wauw that looks great man!
You sure get a uniform coverage with the qb's sitting like this.
Did you build this yourself?
Is this a 4x4?

16 feet*32 feet flower room

That's huge!!!

Wauw that looks great man!
You sure get a uniform coverage with the qb's sitting like this.
Did you build this yourself?
Is this a 4x4?

Yes and yes..lol

It needs a bit more light, thus why I'm adding two more bds soon, then it will be close to 600w

Did it all myself, not a kit, raw materials..and worked out fantastic

Back
Top Bottom